Any computers to recommend?

Meow

I am a student so I need a laptop that is portable.

I would prefer i5 (Thanks for the correction,forum members!), any generation. (Haswell/Ivybridge)

SSD/HDD are both fine. At least 256GB.

Graphic Card should be okay. (Not necessary)

8GB of RAM.

Hopefully below 2kg!!

Any recommendations?

I am new to this forum!! Been watching LTT since last year, and have not participated in the forums yet. Haha.

I have seen from one of Linus' vids that the Acer Aspire S7-392 is an awesome one. Considering it.

Any other choices? USD1000-USD2000 is fine.

Thanks if you can recommend some ultrabooks!! :D

Have you thought about getting a macbook?

You can get the needed specs within your budget, battery lasts long, and it's thin and lightweight therefore elegant and portable

Not to mention it's easy to make a windows partition if you'd ever need it

Have you thought about getting a macbook? You can get the needed specs within your budget, battery lasts long, and it's thin therefore elegant and portable

Despite my bias against Apple, I do agree with Wano.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Have you thought about getting a macbook? You can get the needed specs within your budget, battery lasts long, and it's thin and lightweight therefore elegant and portable Not to mention it's easy to make a windows partition if you'd ever need it

mehhhh Fine I admit it I agree with you.....

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

I agree with @Wano1997 and @Jerakl. Mac Books have always been some of my favorite laptops. They just look so pretty! OS X is by no means a bad OS, its pretty much BSD, and BSD rocks! But if you need Windows, you can install it no problem. I'm not a big Apple fan (nor do I think they deserve the amount of hate they get, but that's a whole other story) but it meets all your criteria.

I agree with @Wano1997 and @Jerakl. Mac Books have always been some of my favorite laptops. They just look so pretty! OS X is by no means a bad OS, its pretty much BSD, and BSD rocks! But if you need Windows, you can install it no problem. I'm not a big Apple fan (nor do I think they deserve the amount of hate they get, but that's a whole other story) but it meets all your criteria.

The question is, will it bend?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What price are you looking for? $1000, $1500, $2000? Your computer/Laptop all depends on your price. 

Also what are you going to use your computer for? Gaming, work? Once you have replied to my reaply, I will find something for you.

This Is A Signature

Why would you need an i7?

Yeah; if you're getting a ultrabook then the only difference between a i7 and a i5 is the clockspeed.

Yeah; if you're getting a ultrabook then the only difference between a i7 and a i5 is the clockspeed.

And the i7 will probably throttle.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

If you want to save some bucks, the dell outlet occasionally has cheap ultra books on sale, I got my e7440 i5 4200u, 128gb ssd 8gb ram for around $500. I would recommend any Mac if you want solid performance, great battery life, amazing support, and refinement. The trackpad on the e7440 is garbage.

You can also keep an eye out on slickdeals.net for deals. Recently I helped my friend find an ultra book through slickdeals. 600 bucks got him an i7 4500u GeForce 650 or 640m don't remember, 500hdd, 15" 1080p ips screen with multitouch, 8 gb of ram. So if you keep an eye out, you can find some solid gems.

Have you thought about getting a macbook? You can get the needed specs within your budget, battery lasts long, and it's thin and lightweight therefore elegant and portable Not to mention it's easy to make a windows partition if you'd ever need it

Hmmm... I have thought about it. Macbook Pro, is overpriced IMO. And Macbook Air is good, but the screen resolution annoys me.

The question is, will it bend?

haha, idk. Maybe??  :wacko:

Why would you need an i7?

Eh... it seems faster?? Not a tech pro here. Just a casual viewer. Sorry 4 da newbiness.

What price are you looking for? $1000, $1500, $2000? Your computer/Laptop all depends on your price. 

Also what are you going to use your computer for? Gaming, work? Once you have replied to my reaply, I will find something for you.

$1000-$2000. Im a student. So, basically for studying and some occasional gaming.

Oh... Well, you learn something new everyday!  ;)

If you want to save some bucks, the dell outlet occasionally has cheap ultra books on sale, I got my e7440 i5 4200u, 128gb ssd 8gb ram for around $500. I would recommend any Mac if you want solid performance, great battery life, amazing support, and refinement. The trackpad on the e7440 is garbage.

You can also keep an eye out on slickdeals.net for deals. Recently I helped my friend find an ultra book through slickdeals. 600 bucks got him an i7 4500u GeForce 650 or 640m don't remember, 500hdd, 15" 1080p ips screen with multitouch, 8 gb of ram. So if you keep an eye out, you can find some solid gems.

Woah... such cool offers! Will check it out! Thanks!!

Alright heres a few options.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

On Cyber Power you can customize your new computer/laptop.

http://www.techbuyersguru.com/1500build.php

Heres another build that you can buy the specs from ebay or something.

Heres an option from Lins himself.

Need any more help?

hehe thanks but I was hoping for laptops...

it okay. Thanks anyways.

Hmmm... I have thought about it. Macbook Pro, is overpriced IMO. And Macbook Air is good, but the screen resolution annoys me.

haha, idk. Maybe?? :wacko:

Eh... it seems faster?? Not a tech pro here. Just a casual viewer. Sorry 4 da newbiness.

$1000-$2000. Im a student. So, basically for studying and some occasional gaming.

Oh... Well, you learn something new everyday! ;)

Woah... such cool offers! Will check it out! Thanks!!

Well, if it fits your budget... And an i7 isn't really an improvement if you're just going to use simple things like word, browsing, ...

Well, if it fits your budget... And an i7 isn't really an improvement if you're just going to use simple things like word, browsing, ...

oh okay. Thanks.

I think you should get the microsoft surface 3. However some people really don't like the concept so if not get an asus g56jk.

Macbook will not do then. Look at the GS60 Ghost from MSi, it's thin, light and pretty powerful.

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GS60_2PC_Ghost.html#hero-overview

Here ya go :P

IT IS UNDER 2000$.

^ This. Mobile i5 and i7 are barely any different. i5 is the sweet spot as it features both Hyper Threading and Turbo Boost

"Rawr XD"

Macbook will not do then. Look at the GS60 Ghost from MSi, it's thin, light and pretty powerful.

IT IS UNDER 2000$.

In reality even Intel HD Graphics will do fine for occasional gaming. I can run most modern games at 720p low to medium settings on my Surface Pro 2.

@Meow Take a look at the epic ThinkPad X1 Carbon

"Rawr XD"

The Iris and Iris Pro found in the MacBook Pro line are more than fine for light, occasional gaming. The latter is usually within about 15% of 650m performance from what I understand which is nothing to sneeze at considering just 4 years ago playing anything on an integrated GPU was an uncomfortably poor experience.

Check out the   "Lenovo ThinkPad S440"  :)
Great Ultrabook and it's under 1000 bucks (at least in my country).

Only 265GB SSD but you can get a external HDD for the money you safe on this.

I think you should get the microsoft surface 3. However some people really don't like the concept so if not get an asus g56jk.

surface 3. hmm... might consider. thanks!

IT IS UNDER 2000$.

haha LOL. I will go check it out then! I did not know gaming notebooks are under $2000!

^ This. Mobile i5 and i7 are barely any different. i5 is the sweet spot as it features both Hyper Threading and Turbo Boost

oh... I thought that i5 does not have hyper threading. 

In reality even Intel HD Graphics will do fine for occasional gaming. I can run most modern games at 720p low to medium settings on my Surface Pro 2.

@Meow Take a look at the epic ThinkPad X1 Carbon

The recent integrated graphics are much better. but my current computer (running HD 4000) run Battlefield 3 under 30 fps...

The Iris and Iris Pro found in the MacBook Pro line are more than fine for light, occasional gaming. The latter is usually within about 15% of 650m performance from what I understand which is nothing to sneeze at considering just 4 years ago playing anything on an integrated GPU was an uncomfortably poor experience.

Hm.... interesting. might consider that fact too.

Check out the   "Lenovo ThinkPad S440"   :)

Great Ultrabook and it's under 1000 bucks (at least in my country).

Only 265GB SSD but you can get a external HDD for the money you safe on this.

OH. thanks for reminding! I forgot to check out lenovo products! Thanks!