Need help choose a starter ship

RightfulNerd

I was wondering RSI AURORA MR with the arena commander pass but don't want to go making a decision without some help from you guys :)

Well, the Aurora is a nice starter to get into the game. Plus it gives you access to Arena Commander.

I don't know what you want to do in the full game, but there are numerous options that fit every playstyle :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Overall the Aurora just to put your foot into the game is a great choice. Yes there are better ships, its not the best in a fight its not the best cargo hauler and most certainly not the fastest but she is a good boat and will get you started and you can always melt it down and then top up for a better ship. I keep getting the temptation to buy one myself.

To give actual suggestions we need to know a few things

1. What is your budget? Internet spaceships can be expensive yo!
  2. What is your playstyle? Do you like trade and cargo hauling, salvage, dogfighting, are you an aspiring space racer out to win the Murray Cup?

there are a multitude of ships all geared for a lot of things.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

As said above, the aurora is a good start, if by any chance you want something different I suggest you tell us why, the aurora is very basic but it's more versatile unlike the Mustang that is the upcoming "starter ship"

But as B45op said, do provide some info, also have you ever played a space aim before? Or anything similar?

I was wondering RSI AURORA MR with the arena commander pass but don't want to go making a decision without some help from you guys :)

The MR is a good ship but not very competitive online ATM, if you want something good now go for the 300i or the hornet and are a good way of give the devs that little bit extra cash just remember that the specs of the ship can change at any point, as for vanduul swarm coop, the MR is great due to its small size and the guns packing a punch.

If you want a foot in the door, the MR is fine and don't forget you can earn the other ships in game

That's my experience anyway

PS follow your own posts, so you'll be notified when someone replies.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

If you get the Aurora MR now you can try all 5 currently flyable ships till the 17th, if you find something you like more you can melt down your Aurora and get that, like wise further down the track if something comes out that you fancy more you can always melt and upgrade (or get it as well ;)).

Went for the Aurora MR and could try others anyway as Grrizz pointed out looking forward to this game coming out now think the wallets going to take a hit though haha

Although Aurora is a good starting point, some reason I just don't like it.

From the starter ships line-up the 300 series is my favourite option. True, it's a little more expensive but this game will break your finances anyway.. It's like getting a tattoo. First you have a small one...

Although Aurora is a good starting point, some reason I just don't like it.

From the starter ships line-up the 300 series is my favourite option. True, it's a little more expensive but this game will break your finances anyway.. It's like getting a tattoo. First you have a small one...

It's not as pretty as the others and the Aurora has pretty much sucked from day one, they had decent weapons but not enough power, you had to basicly burst fire which I enjoyed as it ment saying on a vanduuls tail, whilst trying not to hit yourself, a bit of a thrill and make your shot count.

Then they "fixed" the power issue by making the weapons slow but heavy hitting which was fine but the ship lost character but now there is no targeting system like the old one and no gimbal its an awful ship which isn't great for it to be the base ship but I don't think the 300i is much better.

I'll see how good it is after the update, otherwise I'll be getting a mustang