Is this a good build?

dog12345drew

No it's original Haswell. It's a 4770 without iGPU

its refresh http://ark.intel.com/products/80910/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1231-v3-8M-Cache-3_40-GHz thats why it was released q2 2014 not 2013

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

My bad I was thinking about the 1230 V3 which is original Haswell. Here in Canada the 1231 is more expensive so I don't follow up on it much

its fine

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

but but i'm bad at overclocking

there are a lot of guides on how to do it on youtube, linus has some

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Get 4790K, H105, (H100i if the 4 fans controller built-in is more useful to you then the superior cooling performance of the H105), Asus Maximus VII Hero, 1866Mhz RAM, Samsung 850 PRO, Seagate SSHD, Corsair RM (for silent PC since all your others components are about that even your GPU has silent operation and better efficiency), Asus IPS monitor with good input lag, Asus wifi card gives better real performance because they use better components in their network stuff.

And you recommend this out-of-the-blue because? These are all pretty expensive components with little to no explanation as to why he would need them. Especially a Maximus Hero and 850 PRO seem needlessly expensive.

My reccomendation:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($453.00 @ Centre Com) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme3 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($249.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Memory: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($259.00 @ Centre Com) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($97.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($489.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($119.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $2019.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-13 04:43 EST+1100

It will kill anything you throw at it.

I reccomend the acer 236hlbd for the monitor. For more accurate color check out the asus proart series.

Interested in Business and Technology

My reccomendation:--------

your kidding right thats 700 pounds overbudget

your kidding right thats 700 pounds overbudget

No i am not. Workstations are an investement. He is expected to pay a little more than planned IMO. And did you know that other currencies?

No i am not. Workstations are an investement. He is expected to pay a little more than planned IMO. And did you know that other currencies?

yes in gb i am in the us so yea i did the conversion 

yes in gb i am in the us so yea i did the conversion 

That doesn't even make sense. Hardware prices do not reflect the current value of currency.

The K version of 4790 comes overclocked by Intel to 4.4 Ghz out of the box for a small cost difference, (people saying overclocking is useless don't know shit or are used to overclock AMD cpus), maximus vii hero for many reaons including audio chip, quality componenents so you would not get any problem for over 5 years, 1866mhz because it cost about the same as 1600mhz RAM and it get benefits from anything you do. Samsung pro 850 gives way better random read and write than TLC-based SSD like the EVOs with their performance degradation, Seagate sshd for their internal 8 gb flash memory that boost the performance by a big margin on anything you play on it,

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |