2nd Case of Ebola in USA

OfficialJsP

A Dallas healthcare worker who cared for Ebola patient Thomas Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive, the Texas Department of State Health Services reported early Sunday.

The preliminary test was performed by the state public health laboratory in Austin, TX.

According to the department's news release, the worker was isolated and tested after reporting a low-grade fever Friday night.

"We knew a second case could be a reality, and we've been preparing for this possibility," said Dr. David Lakey, commissioner of the Texas Department of State Health Services. "We are broadening our team in Dallas and working with extreme diligence to prevent further spread."

Health officials were identifying contacts and potential exposures for possible monitoring, depending on their interactions with the healthcare worker and their potential for exposure to the virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will conduct a confirmation test.

The positive test comes less than a week after Duncan, the first person to test positive for Ebola in the U.S., died at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

More than 4,000 people have died of Ebola, the World Health Organization announced Friday, and there were more than 8,300 confirmed, probable and suspected cases of the disease.

Source: http://www.wfsb.com/story/26765081/second-us-ebola-case-discovered

I wonder what happened to the "miracle" vaccine that save the other patients treated at the same hospital? 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

meh... more people die from the flu...

This has a higher rate of fatality 

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

When I first heard, that they were transporting infected person to USA/EUROPE I didn't like that idea, cause I knew something like that would happen. They should close ship transitions/airports from the infected area, but they didn't. Now we have consequences.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Rate of fatality did go down and this is much harder to catch than the flu.

Diseased_Ebola_2014.png

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So does Malaria, 1 million per year aproximately... but hey, let's hype this shit up! :D

But you can take malaria tablets, and malaria usually isn't transferred person-person, but rather from the bite of an infected mosquito.

And hey, what sounds like a scarier disease: malaria, or ebola hemorrhagic fever?  Lol

Only because the numbers are taken from outbreaks in countries where medical treatment is pretty shitty. In America I'm sure the rates are much lower, although I couldn't find actual numbers. 

2nd case of who gives a hoot because not many people get it.

that's nothing compared to what's coming to us while we're organizing the 2015 African Cup of Nations...

Who's been playing Plague Inc. in real life again?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You know... Spain could screw up Europe if they handled one of the cases even worse (some people may know which one I'm talking about...)

This made me giggle. 

Spanish Flu.  :ph34r: 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"