okay so i clean my rads now what?

hey guys i cleaned my rad now its all wet and i can't put it in the case now so now what do i have to wait like a week or something for it to dry?

dry the outside with a towel or something and shake or blow off any water in the fins. Then let it dry for a day in a warm room and it should be good to go.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the inside? or the outside?

if its the inside, im pretty sure its fine to use

if the outside, dry with a towel. then slap some fans on it. run them for a while and it should blow the water (of whatever you used) out of it. lay it over your sink horizontally, and make your fans blow down from the top.

Leave it outside to dry, a fan, compressed air, wipe with a towel. Careful not to bend fins

The inside can be wet :P

the inside? or the outside?

if its the inside, im pretty sure its fine to use

if the outside, dry with a towel. then slap some fans on it. run them for a while and it should blow the water (of whatever you used) out of it. lay it over your sink horizontally, and make your fans blow down from the top.

yeah outside is no problem but i am worried about the inside as soon as i attach to my build water might leak from the openings because there is no tube attached till now and the water will fall on the components

Leave it outside to dry, a fan, compressed air, wipe with a towel. Careful not to bend fins

The inside can be wet :P

lol :D

yeah outside is no problem but i am worried about the inside as soon as i attach to my build water might leak from the openings because there is no tube attached till now and the water will fall on the components

As long as the components aren't powered on don't worry about water getting on anything. They won't short as long as you dry them off completely before you next power on the system.

As a precautionary measure though, use some paper towels or toilet paper to make sure that nothing leaks out. Other than that, you should be fine. :)

//ccap

do this:

plugged sink with water or fluid -> tube to pump -> pump -> tube to res -> res -> tube into sink

that will show you if it would leak if your that worried about it.

As long as the components aren't powered on don't worry about water getting on anything. They won't short as long as you dry them off completely before you next power on the system.

As a precautionary measure though, use some paper towels or toilet paper to make sure that nothing leaks out. Other than that, you should be fine. :)

thanks bud 

do this:

plugged sink with water or fluid -> tube to pump -> pump -> tube to res -> res -> tube into sink

that will show you if it would leak if your that worried about it.

thats not the leak i am worried about i am worried about the water dropping from the inside of the rad

hey guys i cleaned my rad now its all wet and i can't put it in the case now so now what do i have to wait like a week or something for it to dry?

All you need to do is use a towel or jersey(my preference as it is handy) and just wrap the radiator in it and shake it. All the water goes on the towel and then just hold the radiator in your hand at the ends and shake the excess water off it then leave it for a half of an hour to dry.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.