Silverstone 'NAS-like' DS380 M-ITX case

Jan.B

So apparently Silverstone unvealed a new m-itx case at Taipei 2013 that could house up to 8 storage drives with hotswaps!
I'm very pleased with this announcement because this looks like something I could get to build a NAS in and fill all the bays up without buying a normal atx-sized case :)

- It's a steel construction with an Alu. front-door
- holds up to 8 drives (3.5" or 2.5") with hotswaps
- mini-itx motherboards only
- comes with 3 120mm fans
- the case comes with a key to lock or unlock the front-bay door

30804_01_silverstone_s_ds380_is_a_mini_i
30804_02_silverstone_s_ds380_is_a_mini_i
30804_03_silverstone_s_ds380_is_a_mini_i
30804_04_silverstone_s_ds380_is_a_mini_i
30804_05_silverstone_s_ds380_is_a_mini_i

I think it's a great thing, not much info on it yet (at least, for as far as I know)
Source: Tweaktown

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD
Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 15" 2012

I was about to post this, oh well lol

lolz :p

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD

I doubt I'd ever need 8 drives but I guess that would be nice for a home server, just put a core i3 Haswell  for maximum power efficiency and a cheap mITX board with a RAID card and run it using onboard graphics...

I doubt I'd ever need 8 drives but I guess that would be nice for a home server, just put a core i3 Haswell  for maximum power efficiency and a cheap mITX board with a RAID card and run it using onboard graphics...

I would use a kabini its more powerful than an atom while still using very little power if it was able to be in the itx form factor.

I'm actually considering getting this one since I allready have 4x2TB HDD's lying here and I will get more HDD's in the future since i got a shitload of storage - not sure what mobo and cpu i would get for it tough since it's mainly for home-server use..guess it depends on the costs :)

Looks like I'm about to get a new case for my server. I was about to get the other 3 HDD'S to make it up to 8 to fill my raid card up  :0

Looks like a very nice case however that key looks massive, i would have to strip the plastic off that.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

More mITX cases, this standard is getting its cut! NICE!!! 

Expansion raid card + decent CPU + tons of storage = great home storage server.

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

Oh I'm a derp. I didn't see it said mitx..... Looks like im going to have to wait until they bring a ATX version of this out. :) Hopefully they do.