Newbie question about using headset and speakers

Dheran

Sooo, i got a quite noobish question concerning the simultaneous use of a headset and speakers on my rig.

Let me explain. At the moment i have my speakers connected to the back of the motherboard. When i want to use my headphones, i plug them at the front audio connectors. 

After some small research i have seen numerous people saying that the front panel does not deliver the same audio quality as the  back side connectors.

So i would like to know  if there is a way to have both my speakers and headset connected all the time on the motherboard and somehow switch to whatever i want to listen from, at any given moment.

Even though i keep my pc on my desk, it is not quite easy to unplug speakers/plug headset few times during the day.

And i have a bonus question as well.  My speakers model is Logitech Z323 and it has 2 connectors on it for audio pass through in order to connect headphones directly on it. So my question is, should i use my headset that way? Will i get the same audio quality as if i connected the headset straight to the motherboard, since the speakers are on the same connector, or there is a loss of quality from the pass through?

Any thoughts and input greatly appreciated. 

The Scarlet Dawn - CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz | Cooling: Corsair H60 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 | RAM: Kingston Fury Red Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD +

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" HDD + Western Digital RED SERIES 1TB 3.5" HDD | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti DirectCU II 1GB | Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

I use audio passthrough on my speakers when I need headphones, works just fine. However, I have used front panel audio too and I didn't see any difference.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Sooo, i got a quite noobish question concerning the simultaneous use of a headset and speakers on my rig.

Let me explain. At the moment i have my speakers connected to the back of the motherboard. When i want to use my headphones, i plug them at the front audio connectors. 

After some small research i have seen numerous people saying that the front panel does not deliver the same audio quality as the  back side connectors.

So i would like to know  if there is a way to have both my speakers and headset connected all the time on the motherboard and somehow switch to whatever i want to listen from, at any given moment.

Even though i keep my pc on my desk, it is not quite easy to unplug speakers/plug headset few times during the day.

And i have a bonus question as well.  My speakers model is Logitech Z323 and it has 2 connectors on it for audio pass through in order to connect headphones directly on it. So my question is, should i use my headset that way? Will i get the same audio quality as if i connected the headset straight to the motherboard, since the speakers are on the same connector, or there is a loss of quality from the pass through?

Any thoughts and input greatly appreciated. 

Get an AB switch: http://www.amazon.com/Sescom-SES-IPOD-AB-Stereo-MP3-Player/dp/B005TE7GP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413107914&sr=8-1 (or search for similar things)

Or just make one yourself. This one costs under $5: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/217479-diystereo-io-ab-selector-image-heavy/

Oh, and I found out that using speakers' passthrough jacks gave some hisses and buzzes. Maybe just in my case though, with cheap ass speakers.

The front panel audio jack has a switch inside it to know whether or not something is plugged into it. That's what's called jack sensing. One thing you could do is mod the cable going to your motherboard with a simple switch on that sense wire, so you can turn jack sensing on and off.

Edit: I didn't read the original post very well apparently. You totally can have ab switches.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Ok so in order to always have both speakers and headset plugged on the pc the noly two ways are either the switch, or to keep using front and back audio. 

Thanks for all the answers guys!

The Scarlet Dawn - CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz | Cooling: Corsair H60 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 | RAM: Kingston Fury Red Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD +

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" HDD + Western Digital RED SERIES 1TB 3.5" HDD | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti DirectCU II 1GB | Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit