Should I Return My Razer Blade 2014 Edition and Wait for the 2015 Edition?

Asp184

I bought a refurbished Razer Blade 256GB 2014 Edition about a month ago for a steal price of $1800. I managed to get Amazon to give me a bit more time to decide whether to return it or not because of some issues with the fans and speakers which Razer has agreed to fix.

$1800 is a steal, I know. However, given the crazy benchmarks and energy efficiency of the new Nvidia 900m series, as well as the energy efficient Broadwell CPUs, am I going to regret this purchase come March-May when the Razer Blade 2015 is (probably) released? As it is now, I am a bit bummed the that the laptop only as a four hour battery life, when the old one lasts for seven hours. Please let me know what you guys think. I'm having a lot of trouble making this decision.

Does the laptop provide the horsepower that you need?

Yes = Keep it.

No = Deal with it. (or sell it for the 2015 if it comes out, or get a less-overpriced gaming laptop)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Not worth the hassle.

I would wait for the 2015 eiditon. But hey, if it suits your needs, then keep it, it's as simple as that. :)

Thanks for the replies. The goal of my question was more of a discussion about the potential changes that Broadwell and the 900m series will bring to the laptop. By this, I mean that, with the jump from 2013 to 2014 Blade, there wasn't too much of a change; I would have bought the 2013 and enjoyed it for the year, with little regret about not waiting for 2014. However, do you guys think that the 2015 Blade will be markedly better, more so than the generational changes between the 2013 and 2014?

I foresee two different scenarios:

1) Let's assume they put a 970M in the 2015 model (which I think is the most likely scenario). GPU performance would be around +50% better than the 870M in the 2014 model and temperatures will likely be slightly cooler due to the lower TDP of the 970M vs the 870M. 

2) However, they could fit a 980M inside the 2015 model, which I think is less likely but still possible (as Gigabyte have done with their P35X v3 - which I want to preorder!). GPU performance would be around +100% better than the 870M in the 2014 model and temperatures will likely be similar to before.