My sisters macbook's Shift key is stuck, keyboard is not usable.

Tro

So we don't know how it happened, but it seems like the (probably) left Shift key is stuck, when you boot, it goes into save mode, and when you type it acts like you hold down shift all the time.

She uses a wireless keyboard to use her MacBook now.

She tried many resets, she took off the shift keys and there's nothing stuck in them, browsed forums but they say it happened because they spilled water over their macbooks, this didn't happen to this one.

We can't find how to fix this, but maybe someone here can help.

I don't think it matters much which MacBook version it is.

Thanks for any help.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

as the macbooks aren't that easy to take apart you might have to take it to an apple store to get a genius to look at it

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

She doesn't have the money to let it be fixed by apple...

(Sorry I can't quote, using IE on my mothers laptop atm :P  ) 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

At first I thought liquid spillage, but that's not it. (Even the smallest amount can kill a notebook keyboard though mind you. Mine died with just a couple drops getting in there)

I don't think it matters much which MacBook version it is.

Tbh if you're gonna take effort to type that out, you may as well have put it into typing the model just in case.

@ , She did spill bitter lemon over it about 1 year ago, but nothing really came in it since there was a bunch of paper on the keyboard, could it be that a drop took effect on the keyboard after 1+ year? (and I don't know which MacBook version it is)

@ , She did spill bitter lemon over it about 1 year ago, but nothing really came in it since there was a bunch of paper on the keyboard, could it be that a drop took effect on the keyboard after 1+ year? (and I don't know which MacBook version it is)

hve you taken the sreisk of taking off the key if not put a piece of metal and push it up

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

@JEman99 ,

She took off the Shift key and there's nothing wrong with it.

I dont think this can be solved by software, so we wont be able to actually solve it. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

Alright thanks though

Probably something she spilled on it is causing it to actuate, need to take it apart and clean it. I'm sure you can find tutorials on YouTube if you feel comfortable with doing it yourself.

I thought the reason why you spend massive markup on apple was for the quality of service and guarantee that components are high quality. Even dirt cheap windows based laptops have accidental coverage by default, surely a keyboard malfunction on a macbook should be covered by default and repaired for free?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR