First build, need some feedback!

I'll be building myself a PC for the first time and I'd like to know what you guys think about my choice of parts and if there are any compatibility issues. I took time to check the compatibility and I used pcpartpicker but just in case I missed something please let me know.

CPU:              Intel Core i7-4790K
CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM
Mobo:           Asus Z97-WS

GPU:             EVGA GTX 980
RAM:             Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866
PSU:              Corsair 760W
Storage:        Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB HDD
Case:            NZXT Phantom 410

Full list of parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TQ/saved/LyGhP6

Total Cost ~ $2400

In choosing the part I tried to get the best bang for the buck as the brands I choose have a good a history, consistency and offer long warrantees. This is a gaming/editing build and I don’t want it to be too loud. I choose some high performance parts because I want to avoid overclocking.

looks good, i would swap the 780 for a 980 though and drop the psu dow to a 650 watt or a 750 watt if you plan to sli in the future

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I would get a GTX 980 instead and even through they are power efficient and would run on 750w, i would keep the bigger psu for OCing and it won't have to work as hard. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

also, that motherboard will not work with that cpu, you need a lga 1150 z97 board, The 4790k will not work in an 2011 socket

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

also, that motherboard will not work with that cpu, you need a lga 1150 z97 board, The 4790k will not work in an 2011 socket

Thank you I missed that its probably cause I like the colour scheme of the P9x79

Hmm if you are not planning to overclock then you could save some cash on the CPU (you got the unlocked i7 4790K)

Hmm if you are not planning to overclock then you could save some cash on the CPU (you got the unlocked i7 4790K)

I'm going for a "futuristic" build so I might overclock later on when I've upgraded some parts and I need the extra performance.

I'll be building myself a PC for the first time and I'd like to know what you guys think about my choice of parts and if there are any compatibility issues. I took time to check the compatibility and I used pcpartpicker but just in case I missed something please let me know.

Mobo:           Asus Z97-DELUXE(NFC&WLC)

GPU:             EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked

PSU:              Corsair 860W

Total Cost ~ $2250

In choosing the part I tried to get the best bang for the buck as the brands I choose have a good a history, consistency and offer long warrantees. This is a gaming/editing build and I don’t want it to be too loud. I choose some high performance parts because I want to avoid overclocking.

giving some update on your build

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($174.98 @ OutletPC)

Memory: A-Data XPG V2 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($128.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Toshiba  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($569.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  ($169.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($57.31 @ OutletPC)

Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor  ($147.58 @ Newegg)

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card  ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Wired Network Adapter: Intel EXPI9301CTBLK 10/100/1000 Mbps PCI-Express x1 Network Adapter  ($23.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 39.9 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($24.14 @ OutletPC)

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $2071.90

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-09 23:59 EDT-0400

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Mobo:           Asus Z97-DELUXE(NFC&WLC)

GPU:             EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked

PSU:              Corsair 860W

Total Cost ~ $2250

Unless the plan is to add a second gpu in the next year or so, the 860W psu is much larger than needed. A 650W psu would do a decent job with room for overclocking.

I notice there is no price on the GTX 780 Ti. Does this mean that it is already owned? If not, as others have noted a GTX 980 is usually a better value. It also has lower power requirements.

The sound card is redundant. The motherboard has a decent on-board sound sub-system.

The PCIe x1 NIC is redundant. The motherboard has on-board WiFi ac, Bluetooth, and dual Intel gigabit LAN ports.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Unless the plan is to add a second gpu in the next year or so, the 860W psu is much larger than needed. A 650W psu would do a decent job with room for overclocking.

I notice there is no price on the GTX 780 Ti. Does this mean that it is already owned? If not, as others have noted a GTX 980 is usually a better value. It also has lower power requirements.

The sound card is redundant. The motherboard has a decent on-board sound sub-system.

The PCIe x1 NIC is redundant. The motherboard has on-board WiFi ac, Bluetooth, and dual Intel gigabit LAN ports.

Thanks I wasn't show if the on-board wifi is any good and as for the PSU I know the rig has low power consumption but I want to have the extra power for when I upgrade.