Amazon to Open Real-Life Store

themodernagenb

A great idea, I think they should have done this 2 years ago.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

I would imagine it would work like Argos here in the UK.

Basically the store itself would be barebones to the public with very few products on show. But then you can browse through the products on a computer and if its available you can order and pick up immediately, if not you can reserve the pick up the next day or get it delivered.

Come to think of it I think it would be exactly like Argos since I can't see them opening a mega-store with thousands of products on show to stock and face-up.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

"I am sure a few of you might remember Service Merchandise where you looked at products on floor, took a slip to the register and waited for your items to come down the rollers from the back of the store. This same model, but items would be shipped. Display items so people can touch, but locally only stock the very hottest items, all else is orderable and shipped to your house in one to two days via ground shipping."

This is from a comment on that webpage and I think this would work well. I'm always hesitant when buying most of my stuff online because I can't actually see it with my own eyes. Pictures and fact sheet are good but nothing beats the real object in your hands or running right infront of you

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

this is also how games workshop works. you can look at assembled models in their store and pick up certain ones but if the store doesn't have it you can order it free and pick it up from the store. Of course games workshop stuff is wayyyyy overpriced and it's pretty hard to stay in their hobby now :(

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

this is also how games workshop works. you can look at assembled models in their store and pick up certain ones but if the store doesn't have it you can order it free and pick it up from the store. Of course games workshop stuff is wayyyyy overpriced and it's pretty hard to stay in their hobby now :(

They opened one here in Milan too! I actually went to see how it was and stuff, I almost started laughing hysterically at how high the prices were on those things! They do look nice though if you know how to properly assemble and paint them...

They opened one here in Milan too! I actually went to see how it was and stuff, I almost started laughing hysterically at how high the prices were on those things! They do look nice though if you know how to properly assemble and paint them...

lol I'v sunk soo much money into warhammer 40k. Its tonnes of fun but it is just too expensive now to buy enough for the big fun games. A full army can run into the thousands and it takes hundreds of hours to fully paint them.

laptop

I think this needs to happen. It's inevitable that eventually e-tailers will put regular stores out of business and certain items require a "in-person" liik before you buy them.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

Things I buy from amazon:

-- car parts

-- tech stuff

i honestly dont think they will have much of either at a brick-and-mortar amazon store. well at least not the stuff that I want.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1