Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 - Core M 2-in-1 Ultrabook Convertible announced

Xafer

So Lenovo just announced their third generation of the Yoga 2-in-1 ultrabook - Equipped with the new Core-M processor from Intel.

YOGA_3_Pro_lays_flat.jpg

Remember how Intel recently unveiled a new family of chips designed to make 2-in-1 laptops much thinner and much lighter? Of course you do. Anyway, get ready to see lots of machines coming out this holiday season with extra-compact designs. Case in point: Lenovo's new Yoga 3 Pro Ultrabook, which launched today with a chassis that's 14 percent lighter and 17 percent thinner. All told, it weighs in at just 1.19kg, or 2.62 pounds. That's impressive even for a 13-inch Ultrabook, and it's definitely an improvement over the last-gen Yoga 2 Pro, which came in at 3.06 pounds.

- Engadget

The new hinge is inspired by watchbands and assembled from 813 pieces of aluminum & steel.

Lenovo_YOGA_3_Pro_hinge.jpg
Unavngivet.png

Operating System Windows 8.1
Display/Resolution 13.3" QHD+ (3200 x 1800) touchscreen; Intel integrated graphics
Color Clementine Orange, Platinum Silver and Champagne Gold
Memory Up to 8GB LPDDR3L
Storage Up to 512GB SSD
Sound Integrated JBL® stereo speakers with Waves Audio certification
Integrated Comms 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x DC-in with USB 2.0 function,4-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, SDXC, SDHC), Micro-HDMI out, Audio
Combo Jack
Connectivity Bluetooth® 4.01, 802.11 A/C WiFi
Camera 720p webcam
Battery Up to 9 hours¹
Weight 1.19 kg (2.62 lbs)
Dimensions 13in x 9in x 0.5in (330 mm x 228 mm x 12.8 mm)

Processor Intel® Core™ M-70 processor

Source: Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/09/lenovo-yoga-3-pro-thinkpad-yoga-14/

will that hinge stay up?

seems like it would flop around :P

but seems like an awesome product!

Am i the only one here who doesnt really like the hinge?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

will that hinge stay up?

seems like it would flop around :P

but seems like an awesome product!

Am i the only one here who doesnt really like the hinge?

It should actually be stronger since it now has 6 points of stability, compared to 2 on the old one.

I dont like the looks of it that much, would have loved for it to be a darker color.

It should actually be stronger since it now has 6 points of stability, compared to 2 on the old one.

I dont like the looks of it that much, would have loved for it to be a darker color.

Ok, and when looking at some other pictures, it seems that it might be pretty strong..

I really liked the old hinge, and I would be ok with this one if it didnt look like a watch... (darker color would be better as you said)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

the most interesting thing about this notebook is the usb 2.0 port, which serves as the power port of the notebook.

Remember several weeks ago I posted the story about the rumored Macbook Air Retina will not be using the current MagSafe charging solution? This maybe the answer.

And I thought the current Yoga hinge was nicely done ...

Curious to see more of Lenovo's Core M products :D Especially the Thinkpad line of laptops. 

E: Subtle dig at Apple during the presentation xD

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

And I thought the current Yoga hinge was nicely done ...

Curious to see more of Lenovo's Core M products :D Especially the Thinkpad line of laptops. 

E: Subtle dig at Apple during the presentation xD

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/9/6946835/lenovo-yoga-3-pro-announcement-pricing-release-date read bottom part

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Referring mostly to their X, T and W series laptops, which are the main ones targeted at business users. Although the Thinkpad Yoga is still pretty sexy (I'd argue it's better than the Yoga 2 pro, due to the digitizer, but it does come at a higher premium). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Oh. My God. I need it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Looking forward to other devices with the new Core-M processors.  

cool hinge I hate that lenovo seems obsessed with making everything, it just makes it harder to repair...

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

well i'm glad i didn't get a Haswell laptop. Can't wait to read reviews of the Core M processors. 

That hinge would look fucking ugly on the orange version of the laptop. No it just looks ugly, metal shiny hinge with plastic body? eww.