Evil Within locked @30fps & 2.35:1 aspect ratio on PC. Sigh....

scottyboy

Pretty big let down by Bethesda on this one. Claiming that artistic direction is the reason behind the fps lock and aspect ratio just scream "crappy console port" to me. It runs on the ID Tech 5 engine for crying out loud! An engine built to run at 60fps where possible on any platform.

And why the hell should I be having to mess around in a console just to get it to play the way I want? Give me the bloody options in game like a proper developer. 

Thoughts?

Sources:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-09-you-can-push-the-evil-within-beyond-30fps-on-pc

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/8/6949597/the-evil-within-frame-rate-graphics-options-pc

Quotes:

"Shinji Mikami and the team at Tango designed The Evil Within to be played at 30fps and to utilize an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 for all platforms," Bethesda said.

"The team has worked the last four years perfecting the game experience with these settings in mind. For PC players, we'll provide debug commands on how you can alter the frame-rate and aspect ratio, but these commands and changes are not recommended or supported and we suggest everyone play the game as it was designed and intended for the best experience."

i5 3570k @4.3Ghz -- GTX 970@1400Mhz -- 8GB 1866Mhz RAM -- Gigabyte Z77-D3H -- Fractal Design R5

wat... is the majority of people really stupid enough to believe this?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

hey pc gamers we dont give a shit about you, sign bethesda

Haha thanks @Kloaked

Thought this might have come up already. Had a look on the forums but didn't spot it. Apologies for he duplicate post.

Still, people are still saying 30fps gives you a traditional cinematic feel like films. Comparing games to film is like comparing apple to oranges. I can't believe we're still having this debate. Yes a 30fps lock may be preferable to a 60fps target that constantly dips below. But saying 30fps gives you a better feel vs a solid 60fps lock is mental!

i5 3570k @4.3Ghz -- GTX 970@1400Mhz -- 8GB 1866Mhz RAM -- Gigabyte Z77-D3H -- Fractal Design R5

Was going to buy it. Dont want this game anymore...

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

I like the aspect Ratio. Perfect for my LG 34UM95-P, sadly the FPS is not. :(

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q