R9 290 with SSD or single Gtx 970?

xMishax

Hello. Recently Ive got the deal in my local shop after AMD cut those prices.  So I can buy R9 290 tri - x bundled with 32GB adata SSD or I can go for gtx 970 without any bundle that is even 30euros/45dollars more expensive. Which way should I go guys? Which card will serve me longer and gonna play 1080p at its best for its price?

with the recent price drops, i gotta recommend AMD, r9 280x = 230$    R9 290 (non x) 300$

for 1080p, r9 280x is where its at, and if you ever want to do triple 1080p surround setup, just slap another one in there (290 will perform better in surround)

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

IF you are gaming at 1080p, 970... 1440p+ r9 290

Ummm, why would the 290 be better for 1440p but the 970 be better for 1080p

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

32 gig ssd? that's not exactly useful. I would go with the 970 personally. I find anything less than 120gb pretty much useless. If youre using speedboost or whatever, just use a decent thumbdrive. I have my OS and applications on a 1TB SSHD and my working files on a 120 gig SSD. I will get a 512GB SSD for my OS and apps when they're closer to $200.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Hello. Recently Ive got the deal in my local shop after AMD cut those prices.  So I can buy R9 290 tri - x bundled with 32GB adata SSD or I can go for gtx 970 without any bundle that is even 30euros/45dollars more expensive. Which way should I go guys? Which card will serve me longer and gonna play 1080p at its best for its price?

32GB SSD is really pointless.... most phones nowadays have more storage. The 290 and 970 will be just as good for gaming at both 1080p and 1440p, but it just isn't worth it to get a 32GB SSD

"Rawr XD"

Get the single 970 

-Better performance

-More potential (it OC like a boss and Maxwell is a new architecture so the upcoming drivers will boost performance alot)

-More power Effecient

-G-Sync,ShadowPlay,Pshy-X...etc

-Easy to work with drivers (i had alot of problems with AMD Drivers but that might be just badluck)

970. I dont see how useful having a 32gb ssd would be :#

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Mouse -Theron  Sound - HyperX Cloud

The 970 is slightly faster, and also runs cooler/uses less power (the tri x cooler is quite good though, so that 290 shouldn't run too hot). If you think the cheaper price is worth it for the 290 then go for it, but the 32 gig ssd is rather pointless, way too small. Otherwise go for the 970.

Thank you guys for all the opinions :) gonna go for gtx 970 !!!

it all depends on the rest of your system. if the power supply you have is sufficient enough to handle both cards then that helps but does your local store offer the never settle bundle and is there any game on there that you want as well. as everyone has said that 32gb ssd is pretty useless unless you use it as a cache drive for your mechanical drives. it also all depends on if you need cuda cores or not. with the whole driver issues on the AMD side i can not complaion about them as i have always had nvidia due to ATI/AMD drivers being so terrible but now they are great and my dads system (GTX590) has more issues with his drivers this year then i have since i got my rig. 

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Well.

A 32 GB SSD is fine if you want to have your OS only on it, and maybe 1 game.

Besides that it is worth it to go with the better card.

A better card and purchase a better SSD later on. 

I had a computer.. and then I let FedEx ship it.