140 radiator at 12 fan

Go to solution Solved by Leonard,

Hi guys,

So I was looking for a new pc build (Iplant o build it myself), and for the CPU cooler I was thinking about the CM Nepton 140XL.

The case I want to build it in is the CM 690 III, but it says it fits only a 120 mm fan at the rear. I know you get 2 120 mm fans along with the cooler.

Th question is, can I just install those 120 mm fans and the 140 radiator in between? Does that fit? (Like so: http://tweakers.net/ext/f/fhcMS3KDvCV1Qhkzg1YJvRDC/full.jpg)

Thanks in advance.

Just use these but make sure you have the clearance.

Hi guys,

So I was looking for a new pc build (Iplant o build it myself), and for the CPU cooler I was thinking about the CM Nepton 140XL.
The case I want to build it in is the CM 690 III, but it says it fits only a 120 mm fan at the rear. I know you get 2 120 mm fans along with the cooler.
Th question is, can I just install those 120 mm fans and the 140 radiator in between? Does that fit? (Like so: http://tweakers.net/ext/f/fhcMS3KDvCV1Qhkzg1YJvRDC/full.jpg)

Thanks in advance.

Likely not, the radiator will only be designed to mount with 140mm fans...

Why specifically the 140XL though? There's good 120mm radiators as well as good air coolers 

"Rawr XD"

--snip-.

no you can not unless hyou have a rad that fits 120mm you will have to buy a 120 mm you should have a 240mm area as most cases do

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

You're better off not doing this. Because the fans are smaller than the rad itself, the fans won't create a good enough seal with the rad which will in turn lead to lesser performance . If the CM 690 III can only fit a 120mm rad in the rear, you need a 120mm AIO + 120mm fans. Give the CM Seidon 120XL a look, it's nice.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Likely not, the radiator will only be designed to mount with 140mm fans...

Why specifically the 140XL though? There's good 120mm radiators as well as good air coolers 

Would you like to share some good coolers with me? :D

Would you like to share some good coolers with me? :D

H80i, but you'll want to get replacement fans if you get it due to the stock ones being really loud under load.

Kraken X31 if you don't mind a slim rad

"Rawr XD"

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Thats what I was looking for, you're an angel :)

H80i, but you'll want to get replacement fans if you get it due to the stock ones being really loud under load.

Kraken X31 if you don't mind a slim rad

That doesn't fit an AM3+ socket. Thanks for the advice though.

Thats what I was looking for, you're an angel :)

-snip-

Angel.....ha, man if i had those powers evil would be in serious trouble. I would start in Apple then to Microsoft then to Nvidia and make them make better products for less money or i would bust um up real good!

Both the X31 and the H80i can be used with AMD sockets, they come with the relative brackets and screws. Also, the X31 is way better. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.