Origin or Battlefield 3, one must be the problem

Ninja_Mo

You are still supporting them either way whether it be a taxi or a bus. Even ordering a pizza involves someone using oil to have it delivered to you. Oil companies exist because people like you have certain needs. These oil companies give you what you ask for. They provide a service as a company. Just like you, they indirectly killed animals in order to serve their own personal needs.

OT but chances are that most products that you have purchased over your life were not manufactured locally and therefore needed to be delivered to you in some way (to your door, store, etc.) most likely involving oil based transport at some point over the journey. And unless you've only eaten lettuce and tofu your whole life, you have likely supported companies that directly kill animals to meet their needs. I don't blame you or even the companies, I place blame directly on the animals themselves for being so damn tasty. :P

OT but chances are that most products that you have purchased over your life were not manufactured locally and therefore needed to be delivered to you in some way (to your door, store, etc.) most likely involving oil based transport at some point over the journey. And unless you've only eaten lettuce and tofu your whole life, you have likely supported companies that directly kill animals to meet their needs. I don't blame you or even the companies, I place blame directly on the animals themselves for being so damn tasty. :P

Exactly! Whether we like the oil spills or not, they (an oil company) provided us (consumers) with a service that we asked for (oil). Compare that to EA and you've got angry gamers (that could possibly lead to unintentional killing of innocent people and animals out of rage), not to mention all the ruined lives of the unemployed game developers (which can also lead to criminal activity out of desperation).

Mmmm bacon! Tasty animals! ^_^

@Minjon, it's kinda like this...

Which scenario is worse: Oil company kills 50 of their neighbors' dogs or EA "influencing" all their consumers to potentially become the type of people to go on a dog killing spree out of rage (eventually killing 50+ dogs each per potential consumer)?

Exaggerated example, but hey, oil spill versus subconsciousness of millions of people. :mellow:

This topic needs its own thread. How to move?

~meOw! Σ:3

Exactly! Whether we like the oil spills or not, they (an oil company) provided us (consumers) with a service that we asked for (oil). Compare that to EA and you've got angry gamers (that could possibly lead to unintentional killing of innocent people and animals out of rage), not to mention all the ruined lives of the unemployed game developers (which can also lead to criminal activity out of desperation).

Which scenario is worse: Oil company kills 50 of their neighbors' dogs or EA "influencing" all their consumers to potentially become the type of people to go on a dog killing spree out of rage (eventually killing 50+ dogs each per potential consumer)?

Exaggerated example, but hey, oil spill versus subconsciousness of millions of people. :mellow:

:blink:

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Am I the only one that likes Origin?

Nope :) .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Bugger. So just to clarify a couple things (apologies if you've already answered these, I skimmed the topic) , you go to join a game through battlelog which works correctly (?), the game launches and begins loading however it won't move past this at which point the game freezes up (or the whole computer? not entirely  clear here) and crashes?

What does the browser plugin/thingy in the bottom right say in battlelog when you click join, it should go through joining server>initializing>logging in>connecting>loading>joing game. Does it get stuck on one of these, by the sound of it its stuck at loading.

Also, are you manually switching to bf3 once it opens? It should open automatically once completely loaded if you've ticked the go to game when ready box or if not a 'join game' box will pop up when completed loading. I'll have a look around and see what I can find.

Edit: Out of curiosity also, what type of HDD/SSD are you running it off? Is it possible it's just really slow to load?

Double Edit: Would you mind listing the things you've already tried aswell?

to make things clear, i simply atart Origin on my computer, go to the BF3 and click play game. battlelog opens on my web browser (keep in mind the plugins are installed). it shows that whole "joining server>initializing>logging in>connecting>loading>joing game." i let the game start up on it own (i dont manually switch to the bf3). the game starts as it should, show all those introductory trailers and what not, and just when it shows the part where you get that "whenever you see this icon it means you game progress is being saved" message, or something of that sort, the whole computer freezes. 

i use a seagate barracuda hdd 

i dont mind you listing things i might have tried... i might never know, maybe i missed something  :)

Battlefield 3 will start in your default browser and will ask you to update the plugins for the browser, then you can join servers or play singleplayer

it does all that but it freezes the computer when the game is starting!

what a funny way example... oil companies being compared to EA.. haha!! 

I like it.

Steam is a bloatware and creates a teeny weeny but still annoying sluggishness to my system when it's running.

i am now having the same issue!!! 

was that happening to you before you just got the black screen?

Hey Snickerzz, did you get his fixed or did your GPU die? Apparently it has something to do with the 320.18 WHQL drivers.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1399104/mc-nvidia-320-18-whql-display-driver-is-damaging-gpus

Its Ea. Or DICE. either way bothEA and DICE are awful.

yea they suck for providing some of the best games avaliable. Seriously.

(Not being able to play their games are something totally different)

yea they suck for providing some of the best games available. Seriously.

^

I like it.

Steam is a bloatware and creates a teeny weeny but still annoying sluggishness to my system when it's running.

My system runs fine when running Steam.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Same here. I haven't had a single issue with Steam in ages.

Coolermaster Cosmos 2 - Gigabyte Assassin 2 LGA2011 - Intel® Core i7-3930K Processor - Corsair H100i - Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz 16GB - MSI GeForce GTX 680 2GB PhysX CUDA Lightning Edition - OCZ SSD Agility 3 Series 2.5" 240GB + 12 TB WD Black

DICE is fine. EA is... questionable. It's not like we hate them. They just could have done things a lot better for the price. I could say the same for Apple, but at least they provide quality products (most of the time) and backup their employees. :rolleyes:

*worst games. 

BLAOW!!!!