Origin or Battlefield 3, one must be the problem

Ninja_Mo

just bought Battlefield 3, installed it, updated and also downloaded the big 6GB DLC it needed and it all looked like it was all going well until it came to point where i launched the game.. (please dont remind me of how late i am in playing the game. i am aware of that  :( )

upon launching of the game, i wait for a moment and nothing happens, but after some time i see the battlefield icon the task bar showing that is running in the background.. when i click on the icon it goes to the game and i see that it is loading after that, nothing... the screen goes black. 

i have checked other forums (including the EA support website) for help but nothing comes out good, some say i should reinstall origin and other say i must delete some files for the Battlefield folders and what not... i have tried them all and they have all failed me

where could the problem be??

:(  :(  :(

Could you give a list of your specs?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Browser plug-in? Punkbuster? Origin overlay? Video card drivers? Have you tried letting it load and waiting for your browser to tell you that the game is ready instead of clicking the game in the taskbar? I think I remember there being a button that said "take me to the game" or something similar. Are you running any programs with video overlays like fraps fps counters, in-game video card/cpu graphs? Maybe try disabling those.

Update Punkbuster.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Could you give a list of your specs?

Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel Core i7 3770k
msi geforce gtx 670

16GB RAM (4 x 4GB)

Did you launch BF3 from Battlelog? heres the link http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/  you can choose to play SP, Co-op, or Muiltyplayer.

did that many times and nothing happened

Browser plug-in? Punkbuster? Origin overlay? Video card drivers? Have you tried letting it load and waiting for your browser to tell you that the game is ready instead of clicking the game in the taskbar? I think I remember there being a button that said "take me to the game" or something similar. Are you running any programs with video overlays like fraps fps counters, in-game video card/cpu graphs? Maybe try disabling those.

i am not running any other programs in the back ground, that i always make sure of when gaming. i let it load as it should and nothing happens!

Update Punkbuster.

i might of over looked that! i will take a look at that!

Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel Core i7 3770k
msi geforce gtx 670

16GB RAM (4 x 4GB)

did that many times and nothing happened

i am not running any other programs in the back ground, that i always make sure of when gaming. i let it load as it should and nothing happens!

i might of over looked that! i will take a look at that!

First uninstall punkbuster, go to their website dowload latest version and add bf3 to it.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Can you still hear audio while screen is black? Like chanting?

Good Morning...

First uninstall punkbuster, go to their website dowload latest version and add bf3 to it.

i just did that and nothing has changed. 

Can you still hear audio while screen is black? Like chanting?

nope.. there is no sound!

Usually when its blackscreen i can hear sounds so after a few minutes it loads in, when its not i restart the game.

There's bug that after downloading some dlc's (Aftermath and End Game atleast) you have to repair installation through origin. Also what does battlelog say after crash? Do you get BF3.exe stopped working? Does this crash happend on mp or sp? If mp, which point of game loading it crashes? Sometimes if crashes without notice when you open game window before battlelog says "loading level".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There's bug that after downloading some dlc's (Aftermath and End Game atleast) you have to repair installation through origin. Also what does battlelog say after crash? Do you get BF3.exe stopped working? Does this crash happend on mp or sp? If mp, which point of game loading it crashes? Sometimes if crashes without notice when you open game window before battlelog says "loading level".

it says nothing after the crash, all the computer does is just freezes where it is... no sound nor movement... i even waited for about 20min just to see what happens and still no change.. 

it says nothing after the crash, all the computer does is just freezes where it is... no sound nor movement... i even waited for about 20min just to see what happens and still no change.. 

If whole computer freezes, then bf3 might not even be the problem. I remember reading here that someone had similliar problem. I'll try to search for it later.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Is it the computer or the game that freezes? Huge difference...

If it's the computer that freezes and you have to hit the Reset button, then that could be a hardware issue. Unstable overclock perhaps.

If it's just the game that freezes then it's a software issue. Since you have an MSI graphics card, I'm guessing you have MSI Afterburner installed? If so just close it and see if you can run the game.

~meOw! Σ:3

honestly origin and battlelog just suckass. sometimes my game doesn't even launch and i have to reinstall there shitty web plugin.

Kill it with fire!!!

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

Maybe roll back the Nvidia drivers if you are using 320.18.

There has been a ton of reports of BSOD, Black screens and freezing with that driver.

a friend of mine suggested i try updating motherboard BIOS, would that do any good?

Maybe roll back the Nvidia drivers if you are using 320.18.

There has been a ton of reports of BSOD, Black screens and freezing with that driver.

tried that, and it didnt make a difference!!

honestly origin and battlelog just suckass. sometimes my game doesn't even launch and i have to reinstall there shitty web plugin.

after jumping from console to PC, i must say they have made a very bad first impression in my part.. 

tried that, and it didnt make a difference!!

after jumping from console to PC, i must say they have made a very bad first impression in my part.. 

don't let it leave a bad taste in your mouth because Steam is the best platform out there.

don't let it leave a bad taste in your mouth because Steam is the best platform out there.

dont get me wrong, i am enjoying Steam as it is, even though the only game so far that is also giving me the same problem as BF3 is Borderlands 2. 

You shouldn't have trusted a game by the Worst Company in America to sum up your PC gaming experience.

Anyway, a blank screen on startup is a common Battlefield 3 problem. You should just contact EA's live chat support if none of the suggestions you've found on the internet work.

Be warned, there is a huge possibility that you will get EA'd.

You shouldn't have trusted a game by the Worst Company in America to sum up your PC gaming experience.

hahaha!!! you got that right.. now i am feeling a bit of shame! spending my money on something that seems worthless!