Origin or Battlefield 3, one must be the problem

Ninja_Mo

Anyway, a blank screen on startup is a common Battlefield 3 problem. You should just contact EA's live chat support if none of the suggestions you've found on the internet work.

Be warned, there is a huge possibility that you will get EA'd.

getting EA'd, now that doesnt sound attractive at all.

getting EA'd, now that doesnt sound attractive at all.

qEgVrIa.jpg

~meOw! Σ:3

Reinstall Origin. Not just BF3 but the whole Origin program. Also try updating punkbuster manually first.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

You shouldn't have trusted a game by the Worst Company in America to sum up your PC gaming experience.

This^

dont get me wrong, i am enjoying Steam as it is, even though the only game so far that is also giving me the same problem as BF3 is Borderlands 2.

What issue is BL2 giving you again?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I feel bad for you my problem with bf3 just makes me lmao. Origin will go BF3 is not installed then I go to the BF3 file and launch it through their and it will say Origin is not installed while Origin is open saying BF3 isn't installed.

i am now having the same issue!!! 

was that happening to you before you just got the black screen?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

LOL! That looks like CoD.

I think EA is still getting DDoS'd. EA is getting EA'd. :lol:

Battlefield Outage May 2013

that looks like cod? thats and overstatement... :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

that looks like cod? thats and overstatement... :P

One hell of one!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

You shouldn't have trusted a game by the Worst Company in America to sum up your PC gaming experience.

Come on people.... they were in a poll with companies that damaged our Planet with Oil spills but people voted for EA because they are dumb.

i am now having the same issue!!! 

was that happening to you before you just got the black screen?

Its the 320 WHQL drivers, really nvidia\s drivers are shit these days. Have a few friends on BF3 that have the same issue with those drivers. Also the driver is sobad it overvolts some fermi cards and destroys them https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/544882/official-nvidia-320-18-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-5-23-13-/

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Come on people.... they were in a poll with companies that damaged our Planet with Oil spills but people voted for EA because they are dumb.

Ermm no... The Golden Poo Award was never targeted towards companies that could eventually kill all human life on this planet, but rather towards companies that betray the trust of their very own customers through the services that they themselves promised to provide for them. This is what EA never understood since they looked at it in just the same way as you have.

EA's Perspective:

"All we do is sell video games. Stealing from our customers can't be that bad compared to [insert worse crimes to compare to here]."

This kind of reasoning would be just the same as...

Rapist's Perspective:

"All we did was rape this under aged girl. It's not like we killed her. *continues to rape under aged girls since it's not as bad as [insert worse crimes to compare to here]* "

As for those companies that intentionally damage the planet, the title of "Worst Company" would be an understatement. Oil companies are oil companies for a reason. That reason being the actual people who live on this planet demand for the resources that oil companies are able to provide. Lazy people who can't obtain a better resource on their own. Might as well call everyone who uses oil the worst people on the planet.

Perspective.

Ermm no... The Golden Poo Award was never targeted towards companies that could eventually kill all human life on this planet, but rather towards companies that betray the trust of their very own customers through the services that they themselves promised to provide for them. This is what EA never understood since they looked at it in just the same way as you have.

EA's Perspective:

"All we do is sell video games. Stealing from our customers can't be that bad compared to [insert worse crimes to compare to here]."

This kind of reasoning would be just the same as...

Rapist's Perspective:

"All we did was rape this under aged girl. It's not like we killed her. *continues to rape under aged girls since it's not as bad as [insert worse crimes to compare to here]* "

As for those companies that intentionally damage the planet, the title of "Worst Company" would be an understatement. Oil companies are oil companies for a reason. That reason being the actual people who live on this planet demand for the resources that oil companies are able to provide. Lazy people who can't obtain a better resource on their own. Might as well call everyone who uses oil the worst people on the planet.

Perspective.

So a company that publishes video games is worse then a company that killed tons of animals and damaged our planet permamently. Dont like them, dont buy their games.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

What issue is BL2 giving you again?

DL2 is a tricky one because when i change screen resolutions and start the game on full screen, the game freezes the computer when it gets to the menus (continue, new game etc....) but when i play on a windowed screen and turn down the screen resolutions a bit, i get to play a long as i want to with no glitches at all!

So a company that publishes video games is worse then a company that killed tons of animals and damaged our planet permamently. Dont like them, dont buy their games.

Exactly. If you don't like them don't buy or use oil. Don't buy anything that was manufactured or delivered to you using oil. Makes sense right?

Yeah my BF3 was on LSD couple weeks ago.. It's like playing with a wallhack, apart everything else was black O_o

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Hey, just thought I'd chime in. Not sure if you've tried this but try disabling origin ingame (Origin>application setting>ingame tab>uncheck ingame box), also if you right click on bf3 in origin you could try the 'repair install option'. Aside from that I'd go for the the full reinstall, if you don't want to redownload all the patches etc heres some steps to follow:

-Go into your origin games folder and make a copy of your bf3 folder.

-uninstall bf3 (followed by origin if your doing this too)

-reinstall origin (if uninstalled) and login.

-Bf3 will be in your origin library but not downloaded/installed. Start the download, let it run for a few seconds then pause it and exit origin.

-Copy your original bf3 folder back into your origin games folder and replace the one created by the download.

-Restart origin and continue the download.

If this works it should say that its downloading however your speed should be crazy high, let it finish and you should be good to go. (theres probably a clearer version of these instructions online somewhere.)

Best of luck, hope you get it working as its so much better than the console version. Let us know how it goes.

Hey, just thought I'd chime in. Not sure if you've tried this but try disabling origin ingame (Origin>application setting>ingame tab>uncheck ingame box), also if you right click on bf3 in origin you could try the 'repair install option'. Aside from that I'd go for the the full reinstall, if you don't want to redownload all the patches etc heres some steps to follow:

-Go into your origin games folder and make a copy of your bf3 folder.

-uninstall bf3 (followed by origin if your doing this too)

-reinstall origin (if uninstalled) and login.

-Bf3 will be in your origin library but not downloaded/installed. Start the download, let it run for a few seconds then pause it and exit origin.

-Copy your original bf3 folder back into your origin games folder and replace the one created by the download.

-Restart origin and continue the download.

If this works it should say that its downloading however your speed should be crazy high, let it finish and you should be good to go. (theres probably a clearer version of these instructions online somewhere.)

Best of luck, hope you get it working as its so much better than the console version. Let us know how it goes.

just tried it right now and there is no change!!

Exactly. If you don't like them don't buy or use oil. Don't buy anything that was manufactured or delivered to you using oil. Makes sense right?

They spilled oil and killed animals.... how did games kill any one ?

just tried it right now and there is no change!!

Bugger. So just to clarify a couple things (apologies if you've already answered these, I skimmed the topic) , you go to join a game through battlelog which works correctly (?), the game launches and begins loading however it won't move past this at which point the game freezes up (or the whole computer? not entirely  clear here) and crashes?

What does the browser plugin/thingy in the bottom right say in battlelog when you click join, it should go through joining server>initializing>logging in>connecting>loading>joing game. Does it get stuck on one of these, by the sound of it its stuck at loading.

Also, are you manually switching to bf3 once it opens? It should open automatically once completely loaded if you've ticked the go to game when ready box or if not a 'join game' box will pop up when completed loading. I'll have a look around and see what I can find.

Edit: Out of curiosity also, what type of HDD/SSD are you running it off? Is it possible it's just really slow to load?

Double Edit: Would you mind listing the things you've already tried aswell?

Battlefield 3 will start in your default browser and will ask you to update the plugins for the browser, then you can join servers or play singleplayer

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

They spilled oil and killed animals.... how did games kill any one ?

That never stopped you from purchasing products supported by these oil companies. Clearly, they intentionally spilled oil to kill the animals because they hate animals. So why do you still support them?

That never stopped you from purchasing products supported by these oil companies. Clearly, they intentionally spilled oil to kill the animals because they hate animals. So why do you still support them?

I don't have a car so directly i am not supporting them, when did EA kill animals?

Its Ea. Or DICE. either way bothEA and DICE are awful.

BLAOW!!!!

I don't have a car so directly i am not supporting them, when did EA kill animals?

You are still supporting them either way whether it be a taxi or a bus. Even ordering a pizza involves someone using oil to have it delivered to you. Oil companies exist because people like you have certain needs. These oil companies give you what you ask for. They provide a service as a company. Just like you, they indirectly killed animals in order to serve their own personal needs.