So ridgid tubing it is.

So I was going to use Primochill advanced LRT tubing for the Purple Beast 2.0 but no mister @techswede makes me use rigid tubing. ;) (Not really)

So I've done a couple of water-cooled builds but I've never used rigid tubing.

I've got a couple of questions so here we go :

1. How hard is it to get a perfect bend?

2. How much tubing should I order to be on the safe side even if I fuck up a bunch of times?

3. What else do I need other than the tubing, this kit (http://www.frozencpu...213&id=GaFFVtk2)

4. , and fittings?

5. Is it true that I need to glue the fittings to the tubing?

6. What size tubing should I use? I think 13/10 should be good but I'm not sure.

7. Will colored tubing change it's color when heated/melted?

8. Will colored tubing have the same effects as using dye in a loop? (Gunk and stuff.)

9. What brand tubing should I use? Leaning towards Monsoon as I like them as a brand

10. Is there anything else that is different from using flexible tubing that I need to know?

thats a lot of questions. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

1. If youre patient it isnt bad. One time for rough shape 2nd time to finish it up

2. Double

3. The silicone cord and a good heatgun is the most important

4. No you dont need glue

5. Yes 13/10 is good

6. Not sure on this logic says yes

7. Youre better off using dye

8.Personal preference

9. Youre going to fuck up a lot just takes so patience and practice.

1. How hard is it to get a perfect bend?

2. How much tubing should I order to be on the safe side even if I fuck up a bunch of times?

3. What else do I need other than the tubing, this kit, and fittings?

4. Is it true that I need to glue the fittings to the tubing?

5. What size tubing should I use? I think 13/10 should be good but I'm not sure.

6. Will colored tubing change it's color when heated/melted?

7. Will colored tubing have the same effects as using dye in a loop? (Gunk and stuff.)

8. What brand tubing should I use? Leaning towards Monsoon as I like them as a brand

9. Is there anything else that is different from using flexible tubing that I need to know?

1. Yes, it takes quite a bit of practice to get a perfect bend.

2. 2x what you would normally need.

3. a heatgun.

4. Nope

5. 13/10 is fine.

6. I'm guessing it would as objects that are heated tend to change color.

7. Dye can cause gunk, though colored pipes would not, you are likely to run into discoloration with colored pipes when heating them though.

8. Doesn't really matter.

9. You have to heat it to bend it, and you may end up breaking it or melting holes in it when bending it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1. If youre patient it isnt bad. One time for rough shape 2nd time to finish it up

2. Double

3. The silicone cord and a good heatgun is the most important

4. No you dont need glue

5. Yes 13/10 is good

6. Not sure on this logic says yes

7. Youre better off using dye

8.Personal preference

9. Youre going to fuck up a lot just takes so patience and practice.

Just realzied I didn't link the kit http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22334/too-129/Monsoon_Hardline_Pro_Full_Bending_Kit_-_38_x_12_13mm.html?tl=c633s2087b213&id=GaFFVtk2

Thanks for awnsering my questions. :) 

Pro tip, use a wire hanger to make a form of the bend you want to make, then bend the tubing to match the hanger.

Pro tip, use a wire hanger to make a form of the bend you want to make, then bend the tubing to match the hanger.

I won't need to do that as I'll use these BNdMu0B.jpg

When I watched the guys at MOD24 do it, it looked extremely fast and simple. Of course they were rushed and couldn't spend a lot of time making the bends perfect, but even as fast as they did it there were no leaks.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What is ridgid?

I will refuse a snarky remark and say: hard tubing.

I won't need to do that as I'll use these 

Ah, that helps too. :lol:

When I watched the guys at MOD24 do it, it looked extremely fast and simple. Of course they were rushed and couldn't spend a lot of time making the bends perfect, but even as fast as they did it there were no leaks.

But those guys have been doing that for ages. 

Yeah well if you copy what they do then it should turn out alright...:P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

honestly, they haven't been doing acrylic all that long. less than a year, if.

practice, patience, and a lot of acrylic tubing for FUBAR bends.