AMD FX-8350 Faster Than i7-4930K For UHD

Opcode

EDIT: the picture is uhhh MASSIVE.... I totally forgot how to resize images.. halp

and now the picture is invisible 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

i call full bullshit

also it says the i7 is at stock but not say anything about the fx 8350, it could be 5ghz for all we know with a full loop

Yes, the 4930k at stock speeds (with 4 cores disabled or something retarded like that LOL) will be beat by the Fx 8350...under LN2

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Well tons of fan boys will have their little heart broken one more time, out of many many many many.. Is not the first time an Fx8xxx beats i7 in gaming. Is hilarious their comments with,i7 4390k is not a gaming cpu, haahaha, fan boy escuses only.. Deal with it. lol

What I see here is simply a showcase that if you run your games at ultra your bottleneck is going to end up being the GPU not the CPU, whether your going to get results that always show the AMD on top will vary with mileage but as far as gaming goes your cpu is conspicuously overshadowed by GPU performance, I've run some of my own benchmarks and even at the lowest settings 640x480 in most of my games I am still bottle necked by the GPU, so yeah I'm not surprised with this result, I would expect Intel to more consistently edge out AMD but I'm not ostensibly surprised.

Edit: What does surprise me is that Intel is consistently lower, I have seen up to 10fps variation in my own testing so I could see each test bouncing back and forth a frame or two but to have Intel consistently lower is a red flag to me that would suggest the result were true but were cherry picked in AMDs favor.

That's almost definitely what happened. I think I have a channel to unsub.

Well tons of fan boys will have their little heart broken one more time, out of many many many many.. Is not the first time an Fx8xxx beats i7 in gaming. Is hilarious their comments with,i7 4390k is not a gaming cpu, haahaha, fan boy escuses only.. Deal with it. lol

Serious or trolling?
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

fuck the benchmarks, almost all of us would take the 4930k over the 8350 regardless of some random performance graphs.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

The sad thing about this is that a large percentage of people in this thread are just jumping on the bandwagon, i'm willing to bet that 1/3 of the people posting haven't even read the article. The article does have some truths to it, an 8350 may be able to keep up or even beat the 4930k as at UHD you are going to be FAR more GPU bound than CPU bound.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

The sad thing about this is that a large percentage of people in this thread are just jumping on the bandwagon, i'm willing to bet that 1/3 of the people posting haven't even read the article. The article does have some truths to it, an 8350 may be able to keep up or even beat the 4930k as at UHD you are going to be FAR more GPU bound than CPU bound.

yes but that doesn't magically make the cpu usage disappear 

It is in the right section, very relevant hardware still to date (especially GTX 980's), welcome to the forum.

It may be in the right section however your title is both sensationalist and bait click. Your title is based off a cherry picked benchmarks and should be adjusted to be more proper to what the article you posted is actually about and that is how the 8350 does when SLIing gpu's.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

yes but that doesn't magically make the cpu usage disappear 

Just seems a large number of people are making conclusions without even reading the article. As soon as anyone dares suggest an AMD chip beat an Intel chip you get certain members launching personal attacks on you, and telling you that you're just a complete idiot. Perhaps if people read the article instead of just going "AMD beat Intel, BULLCRAP", and maybe provide some constructive arguments and sources to backup their arguments.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

fuck the benchmarks, almost all of us would take the 4930k over the 8350 regardless of some random performance graphs.

Of course! But the article shows the still good value the FX 8350 provides and I'm sure glad it does. I have seen countless members saying the FX 8350 will bottleneck everything above a 280X and there you have it... with SLI 980s throwing punches with a 4930K, I'd love to see a forum member write that a 4930K would bottleneck a 290...

Just seems a large number of people are making conclusions without even reading the article. As soon as anyone dares suggest an AMD chip beat an Intel chip you get certain members launching personal attacks on you, and telling you that you're just a complete idiot. Perhaps if people read the article instead of just going "AMD beat Intel, BULLCRAP", and maybe provide some constructive arguments and sources to backup their arguments.

we have done that, eg the ambiguity in the article about the clock speeds, none of us are claiming the fx is crap but the article is also trying to claim that the fx setup around 700 dollars cheaper and offers a massive saving when in reality a much lower priced intel cpu would probably produce similar results.

its like comparing r9 290x to a quadro

Of course! But the article shows the still good value the FX 8350 provides and I'm sure glad it does. I have seen countless members saying the FX 8350 will bottleneck everything above a 280X and there you have it... with SLI 980s throwing punches with a 4930K, I'd love to see a forum member write that a 4930K would bottleneck a 290...

The article shows that in a GPU bound scenario the 8350 is a good budget option. Beyond that it shows nothing else.

Well if you could get them for the same price you'd be stupid not to.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

The article shows that in a GPU bound scenario the 8350 is a good budget option. Beyond that it shows nothing else.

It shows it won't bottleneck anything yet. If you were to carry the same test but with an athlon X4 it would probably bottleneck regardless of how GPU bound the test is.

It shows it won't bottleneck anything yet. If you were to carry the same test but with an athlon X4 it would probably bottleneck regardless of how GPU bound the test is.

Lol of course it wont bottleneck at those settings........it is a GPU bound scenario. I dont see anyone denying that. In no way whatsoever does that mean it wont bottleneck at lower resolution or in applications that are not GPU bound.

we have done that, eg the ambiguity in the article about the clock speeds, none of us are claiming the fx is crap but the article is also trying to claim that the fx setup around 700 dollars cheaper and offers a massive saving when in reality a much lower priced intel cpu would probably produce similar results.

its like comparing r9 290x to a quadro

Hence i said a large amount of people, not everyone. There are a few who have provided constructive discussion. Just look at the first page and see how many people are just immediately "calling bullcrap" without providing anything constructive.

Hence i said a large amount of people, not everyone. There are a few who have provided constructive discussion. Just look at the first page and see how many people are just immediately "calling bullcrap" without providing anything constructive.

probably because of the inflammatory headline

The 8350 can still bottleneck a game, i've seen it in my benchmarks. MMORPGs don't have graphic so they remove the GPU bottleneck simply by not utilizing it fully and in this situation you do see the Intel shine much brighter than AMD but that isn't really bottlenecking the GPU but there are real world scenarios where intel can wipe the floor with AMD.

probably because of the inflammatory headline

Yeah, it was more of clickbait headline.  :P

Guys, Guys, guys!!! who would of known a slower clocked chip loses in a game?! u know the 4770k never beat a socket 2011 cpu in games before did it?! 

Op title is a bit misleading when u say that u made me think it had something to do with encoding.

Well if you could get them for the same price you'd be stupid not to.

nahhh im an intel fanboy in certain cases, sadly enough to say ;c

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Serious or trolling?

trolling u.u just like the benchmarks, I think they try to get intel attention so they lower they price, which is a good thing, right, RIGHT?

nahhh im an intel fanboy in certain cases, sadly enough to say ;c

And I get that. Intel has places that it significantly outshines AMD, I will objectively admit that, but I'm a cheap bastard so AMD all the way.

The 8350 can still bottleneck a game, i've seen it in my benchmarks. MMORPGs don't have graphic so they remove the GPU bottleneck simply by not utilizing it fully and in this situation you do see the Intel shine much brighter than AMD but that isn't really bottlenecking the GPU but there are real world scenarios where intel can wipe the floor with AMD.