Whats better Intel Pentium N3530 or Intel Core i3-3217U

Can someone explane me tell me which one is better then other one and why?

Thanks

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

i3 is very slightly more powerful while pentium needs less power.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would take the i3 because the pentium only supports a maximum of 8gb ram with a speed of 1333 and only one pci expersse 4x slot. The i3 is also a little bit faster but consumes more power. Here you can can compare them in detail:

http://ark.intel.com/de/products/81074/Intel-Pentium-Processor-N3530-2M-Cache-up-to-2_58-GHz

http://ark.intel.com/de/products/65697/Intel-Core-i3-3217U-Processor-3M-Cache-1_80-GHz

I forgot to say that I would use it in office purposes.

I forgot to say that I would use it in office purposes.

For office purposes the pentium would be fine. The biggest difference between the two is that the i3 supports hyper threading (2 cores w/ 4 threads vs. the pentium's 2 cores 2 threads).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

For office purposes the pentium would be fine. The biggest difference between the two is that the i3 supports hyper threading (2 cores w/ 4 threads vs. the pentium's 2 cores 2 threads).

Whoops. But for office use, it still wouldn't matter, get whichever is cheaper. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

In general, an i3 always beats a Pentium (there are exceptions with the G3258 OC'd to the moon but that's a different story) and the i5 (barely) beats an i3 etc.

If the price is right, go i3.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

In general, an i3 always beats a Pentium (there are exceptions with the G3258 OC'd to the moon but that's a different story) and the i5 (barely) beats an i3 etc.

If the price is right, go i3.

but why. i mean different architecture and others. G3258 is for desktops right?

but why. i mean different architecture and others. G3258 is for desktops right?

yes, for desktops. The G3258 is a high end desktop Pentium but is only powerful because you can overclock it. The i3 would be a performance gain across the board.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||