Shadow of Mordor... Hard?

Laurysss

So i am playing ~6 hours now and i am to that where I have to kill more warchiefs (currently 2/4) to unlock the story mission. And its hard... Going on a fight and then like 3 random captains come to fucking destroy me.. .One captain is 16 when the fucking WARCHIEF is only 12!? Is there any option to turn the difficulty down? 

What are do you think of this game? Share.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

So i am playing ~6 hours now and i am to that where I have to kill more warchiefs (currently 2/4) to unlock the story mission. And its hard... Going on a fight and then like 3 random captains come to fucking destroy me.. .One captain is 16 when the fucking WARCHIEF is only 12!? Is there any option to turn the difficulty down? 

What are do you think of this game? Share.

Hard? Personally i think it is pretty easy - you just have to controll some orcs and dodge some skills....

but i am used to Demon Souls, Dark Souls and a Mod in Skyrim that tripples the damage from everything

Game is indeed challenging if you let alot of orcs swamp you, especially if captain's are with them. Just gotta persevere dude.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Use stealth man, and control some of them.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

1. Exploit their weaknesses and fears.

2. Use the environment to clear out hordes of orcs (shoot down Morgai Fly nests, explode fires and grog barrels etc.).

3. Kill the bodyguards in the open world one by one before engaging the warchief.

That's pretty much it. It's a bit challenging in the first half of the game, especially if you play with the combat prompts off like I do, but it's still pretty easy once you know what to do. I only died during the game about 7 times, not counting the intentional deaths.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Basically what other people have said. You can't just run in at start fighting. Control some orcs, stealth some of it and block like a motherfucker. It doesn't seem that hard, you must just have to get the hang of it first.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Stealth is your best friend most of the time here, everyone's right. And pay attention to the counter prompt. I wiped out most of the captains before the warchiefs were even "unlocked" because I was enjoying it.

(Get Intel and exploit weaknesses, avoid strength, yep, use the animals if there are any around them and watch them get eaten)

only died once so far killed a few captains but i slightly agree with OP its harder than the usual dreary games we get for the "mainstream" market I think its a refreshing change from something like say the AC series where you could take on 20 opponents and take no damage

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Well i must say the ending was disappointing imo, fun and challenging game though.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Challenging? At times and circumstantially, yes. Hard? No. You want hard, try Ninja Gaiden, that game made local arcade games look easy back in the day, not to mention anything made nowadays and catered to mainstream console gamers.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

This game is too easy once you learn the way the enemy behaves and unlocked some skills. I agree there's a slight learning curve but I breezed thru SoM.

I suggest killing the lower ranked over and over to farm some power points to unlock the higher tier skills.

Challenging? At times and circumstantially, yes. Hard? No. You want hard, try Ninja Gaiden, that game made local arcade games look easy back in the day, not to mention anything made nowadays and catered to mainstream console gamers.

Ninja Gaiden!!! I was addicted to that game back in the day

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

How the hell does the recovery system work ? After recovering 2 times you just die without a chance for a second wind. Fine with that, but WHEN DOES IT RESET ? Systems like these aren't explained at all. It's super lame to die from a normal-esque enemy after killing a bunch or captains and warchiefs because the damn recovery doesn't reset.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

Game is indeed challenging if you let alot of orcs swamp you, especially if captain's are with them. Just gotta persevere dude.

Eh...Not really. The hard point of the game is definitely not the combat, it's figuring out the optimal way to deal with the nemesis system. OP just needs a little bit more time to figure out the combat system.

Eh...Not really. The hard point of the game is definitely not the combat, it's figuring out the optimal way to deal with the nemesis system. OP just needs a little bit more time to figure out the combat system.

Dude is 75% into the game, most likely full unlocks and most if not all epic slots in his weps. By that point it is rather easy and spamming a dodge is hardly "playing the game". Getting to that point is indeed challenging. That vid is like getting to 100 then going bk to a lvl 65 area going "herp derp this is hard".