4690k Temperatures

So i just read some posts about Thermal Problems on other Intel Prozessors but i have a really strange one, because my cpu is in idle at about 24 to 28 degrees celcius. http://puu.sh/c3azt/49ad66f40b.png But as soon as i start Prime95 and chose small ffts i get around 58 to 70 degrees with my H100i and Noctua NF F12 PWM.  http://puu.sh/c3bsk/233fbd96ed.png My Case (Corsair 750d) is also well vented with 2 Corsair AF140 Quiet in the front the H100i in the Top and 1 AF140 in the back. I use Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound and i also tightend my H100i with some washers so that everything is nice and tight. 

Thanks and please help me solve this.

Sounds like a bad mount, take the cpu block off the cpu and see if it made proper contact, if some thermal paste on the cpu block looks perfectly smooth it means that part doesn't make contact.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

@Nougatcookie

Do you have an overclock active?  Is your cpu voltage set to auto, manual, or adaptive?

70°C is not that hot, I'd be more worried if you were in the 90's.  Prime95 has a habit of generating a lot of heat and applying a lot of voltage to DC chips that aren't configured correctly.  Run AIDA64 and tell us what the temperatures are.  

I have a 4690k that's overclocked.  It idles at 30°C and loads at about 65-70°C.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

@Nougatcookie

Do you have an overclock active?  Is your cpu voltage set to auto, manual, or adaptive?

70°C is not that hot, I'd be more worried if you were in the 90's.  Prime95 has a habit of generating a lot of heat and applying a lot of voltage to DC chips that aren't configured correctly.  Run AIDA64 and tell us what the temperatures are.  

I have a 4690k that's overclocked.  It idles at 30°C and loads at about 65-70°C.  

So i ran some aida64 and i get about 50 degrees celcius. http://puu.sh/c3k6b/fd77bec729.jpg My Cpu settings can you read at the Gigabyte Programm.

Thanks for your help. Can i start Overclocking more or should i change something first?

So i ran some aida64 and i get about 50 degrees celcius. http://puu.sh/c3k6b/fd77bec729.jpg My Cpu settings can you read at the Gigabyte Programm.

Thanks for your help. Can i start Overclocking more or should i change something first?

You have plenty of headroom to overclock, but set your vcore to manual mode first.  Linus' DC overclocking guide is a fine place to start.  

The reason your temperatures were so high was because 1) you were stress testing with auto voltage settings, and 2) prime95 is a hot program compared to other stress testers.  AIDA64 should be fine for your purposes, and it's recommended over prime95 for devil's canyon chips.  Happy overclocking.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

@Nougatcookie

May I just ask, what cooling are you using for your CPU? I'm looking to buy a 4690k for my new build and potentially apply a mild overclock?

May I just ask, what cooling are you using for your CPU? I'm looking to buy a 4690k for my new build and potentially apply a mild overclock?

he/she is using an h100i(profile has details on specs if people add them)

ah thanks, forgot I could just check their profile, lol

Actually the rig in my sig and detailed specs is my home rig, with a 3930k and H100i.  

My school/LAN rig has a 4690k with a H100 with NF-F12's on it.  If you go for a H80 or H100i you should be able to get a substantial overclock.  Personally I have 4.6 GHz at 1.29V.