new configuration with nvidia gtx 970

hell_rider29

Hi everyone, i'm looking to assembly a new PC gamer with the new GPU nvidia GTX 970 because i don't have not much money to buy the other GTX 980 :-( . So i need some advices for the choice the components. 

First time i show my list of components of my configuration, so tell me what do you think about this :

motherboard : asus maximus VII ranger 

RAM : GSKILL SNIPER 2*4 Gb

CPU : intel quad core i7 4771 (no overcloking mode because i hate that)

GPU : ASUS STRIX nvidia GTX 970 

SSD for system : Crucial MX100 256 Gb

HDD for storage : WD Black 3 Tb

Power supply : Corsair AX860i - 860W

BluRay drive : ASUS 

Maximum budget : 1700 € 

uses for the pc? @hell_rider29

i5 4690k with gtx 970. 650W PSU. MSI Z97 G45

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I would go with the latest I5 and 970. A minimum of 8 gb ram. ASUS Z97-A is a cheap mobo and it works great.You can save bunch on the PSU aswell, a Corsair CX 750M would work great. One 256 ssd and a 3tb hdd. thats how i would go. 

Hello and welcome to the fourm. Enjoy your stay.

1. Overclocking is love overclocking is life.

2. You're missing a case.

3. Where will you be purchasing the components? 

Also what will you be using the PC for? 

Hi everyone, i'm looking to assembly a new PC gamer with the new GPU nvidia GTX 970 because i don't have not much money to buy the other GTX 980 :-( . So i need some advices for the choice the components. 

First time i show my list of components of my configuration, so tell me what do you think about this :

If your not going to Overclock it, you could probably cut down on the psu to 600-750w, and buy a Gtx 980

Digital Storm Vanquish II Level 4: CPU-i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, Motherboard- Asus Z97-P, Graphics Card- Gtx 970, RAM- DDR3 1600 MHz, PSU- Corsair CX600 600w, Case- Corsair Graphite Series 230T, SSD-120 GB Samsung 840 EVO, HDD-1TB Seagate Barracuda, OS- Windows 8.1.

Peripherals: Monitor-Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms 1080p, Headset- HyperX Gaming Cloud, Mouse/Keyboard- CM Storm Devastator Bundle.

Hello & welcome the to Linus tech tips forum :D I'm Kingsley.

Could you elaborate your opinion on "no overclocking mode because I hate that"? I would say if you're purely gaming + web browsing & not heavy productivity the i5 4690K might be a better choice & value. I have a idea you're going to be adding another GTX 970 in a couple months so you can save yourself a couple euros by dropping down from the 860w to 760w.

And finally do you already have a computer case that supports the majority of the hardware you're preparing to purchase?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I will use it for games (sorry to forget that). The chispet for motherboard i'm looking to take is Z97 too. For the case i will take probably Cooler Master COSMOS SE.

I will use it for games (sorry to forget that). The chispet for motherboard i'm looking to take is Z97 too.

But other than that? Any video editing? Also Z97 is pointless if you're not going to oc. And what else will you need included in the budget other than the PC? A monitor? An OS? Keyboard? Mice? 

I5 4690K

Asus Z97-A

Corsair CX 750M

16 GB ram

GTX 970

NZXT H440

Samsung Evo 250gb ssd

WD 3 TB Hdd

Bluray: Not needed, cuz internet :)

If i had choosen the z97 chipset, i will do the SLI mode after.  Intel i5 quad core is a good idea for small budget. For the monitor and keyboard/mouse i had already choosen the model.

Monitor : asus 24" VE248H. Keyboard/mouse : Roccat  Isku / Roccat Kone Pure. 

I juste want a good configuration to turn correctly "watch dogs" in ultra settings mode.

I5 4690K

Asus Z97-A

Corsair CX 750M

16 GB ram

GTX 970

NZXT H440

Samsung Evo 250gb ssd

WD 3 TB Hdd

Bluray: Not needed, cuz internet :)

hi gamerpro11 thanks for support me, recently i just make a new shopping list for this configuration. So for the results is more cheapest than i have actually.

I just change the case and i take cooler master cosmos se for more space to add new fans, and for the ssd i stay on Crucial because i think is a good thing to take a sdd who it has a good performance of rapport quality/price.