How Many of You Guys Are Native Speakers?

Hi guys,

I was wondering how many of you are actually English Native Speakers and I count having lived in an english speaking country for the majority of your life or having spoken english as a child. 

Feel free to add your personal opinion or definition below.

MURIKA!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well can your native language change? I've spoken Japanese for the first 7 years of my life, and then I moved to the states, after 3-4 years my primary language changed to English. Does that mean my native language is English?

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

This is a hard one.

I was born in Hong Kong, which at the time was a British Dependant Territory, so English was spoken there (still is today). However, I never learned to speak it prober. I learned Danish and French from my parents, and Cantonese from my enviroment. 

I only began to learn prober English when I moved to Denmark at age 12.

I guess the answer is technically yes, but practically no.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Well can your native language change? I've spoken Japanese for the first 7 years of my life, and then I moved to the states, after 3-4 years my primary language changed to English. Does that mean my native language is English?

I think your native language is the one, that you communicate with your family, if you're under 18.

P.S a Lithuanian passing through. :D

Murican is the language of the free! We blow up shit, get drunk, and force democracy on the Middle East-while funding terrorist groups! God bless 'Murica, and god damn the frogs, english, chinese, and any one who is not white, male, and has a beer gut! Especially brown people, they are terrorists!

Edit: forgot a /sarcasm, and funding not finding

And mu grandma says I am fluent in french

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

well i lived i n germany for most of my live but i started using english programs early and then with english classes from 5th grade i started watching series and movies in english. so i was always best in class because i had extra practice. then at college i had really great practice since there were a lot of international people running around in the dorm. all iin all i think my "talking" english used to be better in college my "writing" english has always been kinda shit :D

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I think 7 years is already a very long time, personally I wouldn't say "native speaker", but in my school the requirement for a native speaker is only to have lived in an english speaking country for a year

well i lived i n germany for most of my live but i started using english programs early and then with english classes from 5th grade i started watching series and movies in english. so i was always best in class because i had extra practice. then at college i had really great practice since there were a lot of international people running around in the dorm. all iin all i think my "talking" english used to be better in college my "writing" english has always been kinda shit :D

that's the case for many people I know. I go to a billingual school which means everything is taught in english, but most/some test are in german so some people get by with less english

Murican is the language of the free! We blow up shit, get drunk, and force democracy on the Middle East-while finding terrorist groups! God bless 'Murica, and god damn the frogs, english, chinese, and any one who is not white, male, and has a beer gut! Especially brown people, they are terrorists!

racist much

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Finnish is my native language, but I am often mistaken for a native English speaker. People presume I am american at first, apparently I have an american accent even though I am Finnish.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Not native, but I speak English very well. You could consider me a native.

(just can't get any accent down, I mix accents.) But I know many many words and write it almost flawlessly.

Murican is the language of the free! We blow up shit, get drunk, and force democracy on the Middle East-while finding terrorist groups! God bless 'Murica, and god damn the frogs, english, chinese, and any one who is not white, male, and has a beer gut! Especially brown people, they are terrorists!

:')

F#@k yea!

Netherlands is superior imo. By far.

Netherlands is superior imo. By far.

Because he had a hard drive.

I come from the true land of English. 'Ello, 'ello, 'ello. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

that's the case for many people I know. I go to a billingual school which means everything is taught in english, but most/some test are in german so some people get by with less english

well the school was pure german. but we had a lot of koreans and others around the dorm because they were working here for a year or so so it was really more of a dorm thing instead of school thing. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

No joke!

Better beer, not such a huuuuge country, less rules overall, higher quality food in general, bikes everywhere, good public transportation(mostly). Rarely people walking around with guns.

What more do you want?

No joke!

Better beer, not such a huuuuge country, less rules overall, higher quality food in general, bikes everywhere, good public transportation(mostly). Rarely people walking around with guns.

What more do you want?

Lower Taxes

Lower Taxes

Guessing the taxes are around the same.

Guessing the taxes are around the same.

21% Sales Tax...

21% Sales Tax...

It went to 17% for things like food, drink, books etc. Basics. A long time ago actually.

It went to 17% for things like food, drink, books etc. Basics. A long time ago actually.

(My Avatar will do the talking now)

(My Avatar will do the talking now)

Actually I looked it up, not even 17%, it's 6%, I was wrong.

NOW you should really quit. You are Beaten!