I think my SSD shit the bed?

stinkbomber2317

So I just re-installed Windows 7 and re-formated my drives when I installed it. Now when I boot, it takes 2 min on the "starting windows" screen. i have looked in the Bios and set the SSD to priority one and it still takes at least 2 min. I also loaded  had the optimized in the bios and still the same.  any ideas or is the SSD shitting the bed?   And it is a Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb 

I'd take it out the system and do some testing to it, it could be some mobo/OS config or even firmware going crazy, not necessarily the nand/controller being degraded.

So I just re-installed Windows 7 and re-formated my drives when I installed it. Now when I boot, it takes 2 min on the "starting windows" screen. i have looked in the Bios and set the SSD to priority one and it still takes at least 2 min. I also loaded  had the optimized in the bios and still the same.  any ideas or is the SSD shitting the bed?   And it is a Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb 

I think your ssd might be fine. I would try windows repair as I have had the issue a few times and windows repair usually fixed it.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

i wouldn't think so because my neutron gtx is still running fine andi have been using it forever and it doesnt seems so how long have you been using it

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Aren't Corsair SSDs kind of eh compared to others? The only things I can think of is make sure drive is connected to a SATA III port and not set to IDE. Maybe something iffy in the OS somewhere as well.

@stinkbomber2317 you have Sata in AHCI mode?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Aren't Corsair SSDs kind of eh compared to others? The only things I can think of is make sure drive is connected to a SATA III port and not set to IDE. Maybe something iffy in the OS somewhere as well.

the neutron gtx was right up there at the top only like the 840 pro beets it

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Ok thanks  i have tried the repair install abd ill check the AHCI mode and connectors    Ill post back with any conclusion in 10 min

the neutron gtx was right up there at the top only like the 840 pro beets it

Must be thinking of older ones. My own SSD has horribly degraded write speeds now. :V

But uh, yeah. AHCI mode and check if any driver is kind of being dumb. I remember once when my SSD was loading Windows kind of slow during a reformat. Currently it doesn't even like the Windows logo finish loading in before booting.

So i checked what you guys said and the problem still occurs  i have installed windows so mush so could the writes speeds by slowing?

So i checked what you guys said and the problem still occurs  i have installed windows so mush so could the writes speeds by slowing?

What are the CrystalDiskInfo stats on the drive?

I'd guess a software issue, but it can be a number of things, including bad or partially plugged SATA cables.

Samsung have very nice SSD software to check if you run every settings for your SSD to optimize performance.

Dat title doe.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda