siberian tiger vs grizzly bear

Phoenix70

I hope some of these answers are not unbearable, and I also hope you arent pussies about expressing your opinions (see what I did there?) aaanyway Assuming they met and fought, what do you think would win in a jungle/forest enviroment? i vote the tiger, while it is not as strong and the tiger is tough as fuck (it can take 2 .357 magnum rounds in the head to kill them) it is much faster and agile, which will allow it to get sneaky and go for a stealthy throat bite... If however the bear has the tiger in paw swipe or bite distance well then...

I'd say the tiger. It's agility and movement speed gives it a great advantage over the bear. 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I'd say the tiger. It's agility and movement speed gives it a great advantage over the bear. 

yeah, that sounds right

I say bear, for the tiger to be able to kill the bear it would need to get to the throat, if it goes there the bear will break its bones with a single swipe. 

The tiger cannot kill the bear fast enough to not get killed first.

In the end the result would be quite grizzly........

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I say bear, for the tiger to be able to kill the bear it would need to get to the throat, if it goes there the bear will break its bones with a single swipe. 

The tiger cannot kill the bear fast enough to not get killed first. 

there is always the possibility of the tiger sneaking behind it isnt there?

One does not simply sneak up on a bear  :lol:

In a fight where both creatures are aware of each others presence, my money's on the grizzly to be eating the tiger in 30 seconds.

Cats like to play too much, bears are all bout dem claws.

do not forget how tough a siberian tiger is though, it can sneak around and it has a pretty damn powerful paw swipe

Honestly. I love Tigers but a Grizzly Bear would wreck it. The Tiger needs to go for the throat even with stealth and sneaking it would be tough since Bears are pretty alert and the Bear outweighs and is far larger than the Tiger. 

Even then, if the tiger was able to sneak up on the bear it wouldn't have long enough nails or teeth to crate a fatal wound (unless it gets to the throat, in which case the tiger would be fucked because dat swipe). The bear would soon turn around and get one crippling hit in. 

Also the bear sin't that much slower than the tiger, believe me they can be fast too.

The tiger bearly has a chance....

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Even then, if the tiger was able to sneak up on the bear it wouldn't have long enough nails or teeth to crate a fatal wound. The bear would soon turn around and get one crippling hit in. 

Also the bear sin't that much slower than the tiger, believe me they can be fast too.

The tiger bearly has a chance....

you sound correct to me, but what about a strong bite in the back of its neck?

Honestly. I love Tigers but a Grizzly Bear would wreck it. The Tiger needs to go for the throat even with stealth and sneaking it would be tough since Bears are pretty alert and the Bear outweighs and is far larger than the Tiger. 

One does not simply sneak up on a bear  :lol:

well you are forgetting about that massive agility of the tiger... as long as it can avoid getting hit by those massive paws of the bear it should work

I'd say the bear would win... In a defensive fight, the bear's build and strong forelimbs could easily swat the tiger in mid-pounce...

you sound correct to me, but what about a strong bite in the back of its neck?

The spine is covered in muscle, the tiger would create a bleeding wound, but the bear would be able to get a bit or a swipe in at that point.

The tiger relies on getting on top of its prey. It weighs them down while SUFFOCATING then, it needs to stay on the throat. It will not stay there it the bear hits it.

Spoiler

Bites don't kill that fast, cats will hold the throat and kill by suffocation normally.

You couldn't pay me to cling to a bears neck for any amount of time whatever creature I was.

id take the risk if i was as strong and as agile as the tiger

The spine is covered in muscle, the tiger would create a bleeding wound, but the bear would be able to get a bit or a swipe in at the point.

The tiger relies on getting on top of its prey. It weighs then down while SUFFOCATING then, it needs to stay on the throat. It will not stay there it the bear hits it.

well if it manages to hit it, and rip out the muscles with those teeth, the bear would die from bleeding and the tiger would get killed

well you are forgetting about that massive agility of the tiger... as long as it can avoid getting hit by those massive paws of the bear it should work

Yeah but remember the Bear isn't a slouch and they can move pretty quick too. Their speed are around 30 MPH and have pretty thick bodies too. Thank god you didn't pit the Tiger against a Kodiak. However, Tiger has a slim chance they've been known to kill some Bears in India. But Indian Tigers aren't in the same league as Siberians. But then again Indian Bears aren't in the same league as Grizzly's.

Yeah but remember the Bear isn't a slouch and they can move pretty quick too. Their speed are around 30 MPH and have pretty thick bodies too. Thank god you didn't pit the Tiger against a Kodiak. However, Tiger has a slim chance they've been known to kill some Bears in India. But Indian Tigers aren't in the same league as Siberians. But then again Indian Bears aren't in the same league as Grizzly's.

siberian tigers are muuuch stronger than indian tigers, and so are grizzlys over the indian

well if it manages to hit it, and rip out the muscles with those teeth, the bear would die from bleeding and the tiger would get killed

I think it is rather certain that if they were to meet they would both receive wounds that wound eventually be fatal.

The tiger relies on suffocating to kill, it will not be able to rip the muscle fast enough, or brake the bones of the bear.

The bear will kill the tiger much sooner.

Spoiler

The spine is covered in muscle, the tiger would create a bleeding wound, but the bear would be able to get a bit or a swipe in at that point.

The tiger relies on getting on top of its prey. It weighs them down while SUFFOCATING then, it needs to stay on the throat. It will not stay there it the bear hits it.

i wonder how it could play IF the tiger leaped onto the bear from a tree or something

I think it is rather certain that if they were to meet they would both receive wounds that wound eventually be fatal.

The tiger relies on suffocating to kill, it will not be able to rip the muscle fast enough, or brake the bones of the bear.

The bear will kill the tiger much sooner.

pff, you convinced me, bear wins

Problem is Bears usually outweigh Tigers. Don't get me wrong there are freaks of nature Tigers out there. They're usually 389 lbs in the wild but some people reported seeing and shooting one that weigh around 700 lbs but the average male Grizzly weigh around 600+.

Out of all the possible topics that could spawn in off topic I never expected such thread. I Wonder if there are going to be other ones like this.

Like a python versus a walrus or something along those lines......

Spoiler

Out of all the possible topics that could spawn in off topic I never expected such thread. I Wonder if there are going to be other ones like this.

i have made 2  more, lion vs tiger and grizzly vs silverback

Weird thing I pretty know a lot of this from studying other for other forums for these. Like Orca vs Great White usually Orca always wins. Lion vs Tiger usually Tigers win if we're talking Siberian or Bengal Tiger. If it's Chinese or other then the poor Tiger gets rekt by an African Lion. I like these types of threads.