Rival vs G502 vs Deathadder 2013

Go to solution Solved by CostcoSamples,

I recently tried all three of these. They are all really good and it should come down to personal comfort.

For me, the death adder was no good. I use fingertip grip and just didn't like the feel especially on the pinky side.

The g502 was a decent fit and I would recommend this for a fingertip grip. But I found it slightly heavier than ideal, plus it's really expensive.

I settled on the rival. Very comfortable and light weight. It's a really nice size for larger hands. I love the rubber grip on the pinky side, makes it easy to pick up. I'm not crazy about the thumb buttons but they are ok.

You should know that I'm currently on my 4th copy of the rival in a month. Quality control at the factory must be terrible. I bought an in store warranty just in case, I'm glad I did! What a piece of junk.

Hi forums!

I am conflicted again! I thought i was definitely gonna get the Rival, but the price for it was rising where i live(not too much but still).

So i thought logitech g502 looks good, as I'm definitely getting the g710+(hopefully that doesn't change) and still using the mx518

However i saw pc gamer award the deathadder 2013 as the "best" mouse, and its priced in-between the rival and g502.

So i like to hear your opinions on what i should get, i am mainly a claw grip, occasionally use fingertip grip. Also how is reliability of these mice? how is its lifespan, warranty e.t.c.

Thanks!!

Mike

get the new razor deathadder chromium, when it comes out soon. i have the 2013 and there great

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

G502, best mouse ever.

The g502 seems to be really heavy with no weights though...

@reasure

The zowie fk1 for smaller hands. The deathadder 2013 for larger hands. The g502 is a bulky monstrosity with an inferior sensor in comparison.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I recently tried all three of these. They are all really good and it should come down to personal comfort.

For me, the death adder was no good. I use fingertip grip and just didn't like the feel especially on the pinky side.

The g502 was a decent fit and I would recommend this for a fingertip grip. But I found it slightly heavier than ideal, plus it's really expensive.

I settled on the rival. Very comfortable and light weight. It's a really nice size for larger hands. I love the rubber grip on the pinky side, makes it easy to pick up. I'm not crazy about the thumb buttons but they are ok.

You should know that I'm currently on my 4th copy of the rival in a month. Quality control at the factory must be terrible. I bought an in store warranty just in case, I'm glad I did! What a piece of junk.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

@reasure

The zowie fk1 for smaller hands. The deathadder 2013 for larger hands. The g502 is a bulky monstrosity with an inferior sensor in comparison.

The G502 is only "bulky" if you have tiny tiny hands. I have not used the other mice, but I own a G502 and it is extremely comfortable, accurate, and has excellent software support. The G502 is an excellent choice for small handed palm grippers, or large handed (like me) claw grippers. The ergonomics are great either way.

the weight for the g502 is a big turn off for me, my mx518s are roughly 20g lighter and it already felt slightly heavy, well very well planted is a better word.

i was leaning towards the rival until u blessed me with your response, thanks btw.

so i guess the deathadder wins. 

Thanks for all your responses.

You sissy! You don't have muscles? Best the shit outta heavy mouse!

The DA chroma came out and replaced the 2013. The rival is basically another take on the DA. The G502 is kinda different entirely since the other two are mostly bare bones mice.

Since your claw/fingertip grip I would get non of those and the rival and DA are palm and the G502 is primarily palm with a bit of claw thrown in.

The g502 seems to be really heavy with no weights though...

Yep which is annoying and one main reason I use the G402 mainly now.

@reasure

The DA is straight up a 100% medium sized mouse for the average male and has great palm ergonomics. The G502 for a logitech palm mouse is on the smaller side, especially when it comes to width.

You sissy! You don't have muscles? Best the shit outta heavy mouse!

It just feels kinda sluggish, especially after using the G402 for a couple weeks for my review.