3 way sli titan blacks @7680x1440, Middle Earth: SOM help

epkt

Hi,

I am trying to play SOM at 7680x1440 with 3 titan blacks on drivers 344.11. Enabling force AFR2 has allowed me to use SLI somewhat but at times, gpu usage for all three cards drops to about 50-60% which makes framerates plummet to about 30fps on the medium preset. Am I likely to see an increase in performance with the release of newer drivers or is this game too hard to run at 1440p surround for 3 titans? 

Just a quick note for SLI users who are keen to get both GPU's in play.

The F.E.A.R 3 profile works perfectly well for this game.

Use NVidia inspector to create a new profile for shadowofmordor.exe (think that was it's name under the games x64 directory) and set the SLi bits to the FEAR3 profile.

From the steam community website:

1)GO to Nvidia Inspector
2) Select Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
3)Than go to Add application to current profile than brower and select Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor.exe.
4) Last and final select Fear 3 on SLI bits Compatibility bits(Dx1x) and than hit apply."

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

SOM doesnt support 3 screens at all (i tried with 5760:1080) it doesnt have an sli profile, it does however support 21:9

SOM doesnt support 3 screens at all (i tried with 5760:1080) it doesnt have an sli profile, it does however support 21:9

You force the SLI profile using the above NV Inspector method. And it works.

As for the screens...... yay for the updates that should have been done before release.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Wait for an SLI profile, in my experience alternate rendering thing usually never made a difference.

It works for this game, but only for with 2 way Sli.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Go to Documents\WB Games\Shadow of Mordor and open the render file and change "Render.Setting.AspectRatioLock" "1.000000" to "Render.Setting.AspectRatioLock" "0.000000". This will enable surround configs. :)

At 7680x1440 the framerates aren't great even at low presets. There seems to be no difference between the medium, high, v high, ultra settings in terms of fps. Hopefully an official SLI profile will improve performance... it would be sad if the reality is that 3xtitan blacks won't cut it at this resolution for new releases :(

Go to Documents\WB Games\Shadow of Mordor and open the render file and change "Render.Setting.AspectRatioLock" "1.000000" to "Render.Setting.AspectRatioLock" "0.000000". This will enable surround configs. :)

At 7680x1440 the framerates aren't great even at low presets. There seems to be no difference between the medium, high, v high, ultra settings in terms of fps. Hopefully an official SLI profile will improve performance... it would be sad if the reality is that 3xtitan blacks won't cut it at this resolution for new releases :(

at the moment your only using 1 max though, so no wonder you had bad frames