Why, Corsair Why?

Izaya Orihara

I literally know nothing about it, but it would just be look to be able to work with plastics like that, but I know nothing about welding...And sometimes dads have to threaten us with possible death to keep us in line:P

1. I don't understand what the first half means

2. A short, simplistic welding primer

Think of this as an extremely close up view, actual gap is less than 1/8th of an inch

| < filler material (mig wire, welding rod, etc)

|                                  |

^                                 ^

target material           Target material

Arc of electricity passes from filler material to target materials on both sides of gap, temperature of arc is in the few thousands of degrees (with metal, don't know about plastic). This melts both sides of the gap, and the filler material, forming what welders call the "puddle". This is a small puddle of molten metal, as you move down the gap (welding a crack or seam between metals) the puddle solidifies as the filler material (usually refered to as the electrode) moves away, the arc moving with it.

Think of it as soldering, but instead of just melting the solder, you melt the wires being soldered as well, forming one complete molecular bond (if the weld is done correctly). If done right, when stressed, the target material on either side should break before the weld itself breaks.

It's actually quite a fun skill to learn. I decided to take it in my first year in high school that I had electives, and the year before that my dad bought me a little welder to use at home and I basically learned on my own before taking classes. The most important things are

DO NOT WEAR TENNIS SHOES. Wear steel toed boots, because sometimes you will "burn through" the target materials, resulting in a marble sized glob of molten metal dropping off of the weld, and possibly burning through your tennis shoe and foot (seriously, like a hot knife through butter, including bone).

DO NOT THINK THAT CLOSING YOUR EYES IS ENOUGH TO SHIELD THEM. I did this for about 3 hours one day, woke up in the middle of the night feeling like someone had poured salt/acid/rubbingalcohol in my eyes. If you get this, cut a potato in half (of have someone else do it, because you wont be able to see) and hold it against your close eyelids. It sounds like hokum but it actually works, stopped the burning in about 10 minutes. What you have done, is essentially gotten sunburn on the white part of your eyes.

Do not ever get your hand in front of a mig welder even when your done welding. I don't know how people do this, but when the end of the welding wire is still red hot, that wire feed mig welder will easily push the wire through your glove, and through the flesh of your hand (I've seen this happen). I don't know how it happens, but this guy was a complete and total moron (everyone I knew hated him, redneck asshole, possible product of inbreeding lol)

DO wear a "baseball cap" backwards under your welding helmet, thank me later when your hair doesn't catch on fire.

DO wear long sleeve shirts. Welding can give you sunburn in about an hour.

Also remember that if your pants catch on fire (happened to me on a daily basis because my pants were always worn at the cuff) you can just put that out by slapping your welding glove on it.

It really is fun to learn, if you don't mind the possibility of being electrocuted, burned, impaled, or (in the case of oxy-acetelene welding) blown up (and I mean like, vaporized if not charred to death, do not for a second underestimate the power of oxy-acetelene, that shit is scary). And it's an extremely useful skill to have if you want/havethesuddenneed for a manual labor job that pays fairly decent despite hellish working conditions. Also good for home repairs. Plain old mig welding is actually fun to do in your spare time if you like to make things out of metal, and with a 120v welder, not all that dangerous. As voltage increases, so does the danger (obviously)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wish it had come sooner, now I am stuck with a K95. -_-

What there is something wrong?

What there is something wrong?

Well RGB LED's are awesome. :P

Also look in pheriperals subforum for my thread to see what's wrong.

Well RGB LED's are awesome. :P

Also look in pheriperals subforum for my thread to see what's wrong.

link maybe

link maybe

Is it that hard to navigate there yourself? 3 clicks tops.

Is it that hard to navigate there yourself? 3 clicks tops.

Took mee 4 taps.

Took mee 4 taps.

Index>pheri>my thread. :D

But the old Corsair logo is stamped in... The perfectionist in me is not happy with that solution. 

Then go on etsy, find someone who does vinyls and stickers, ask them to make you a sticker, order it, peel off the trampstamp and replace it.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

DISCALIMER

I know I'm being a whiny bitch and that everboy has already bitched about it but I don't care. 

Why are you doing this to me Corsair? A tramp stamp? Really? I would even go as far as switching out switches to put them into the old keyboards but no you need to solder them. Fuck that. 

Why? Also out of all the colors you choose yellow? Nobody can tell me that an RGB keyboard/ mouse is not all about the looks. I'm so sad. I saw them at the Gamescom in all their glory with the old logo and then you do this shit to me?! Why?! 

I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm a perfectionist and this does appeal to me in anyway. 

I want to go to an alternative dimesion where they never come up with this stupid fucking idea.

Geezus! *MAD* 

OH you know you love it! 

DISCALIMER

I know I'm being a whiny bitch and that everboy has already bitched about it but I don't care. 

Why are you doing this to me Corsair? A tramp stamp? Really? I would even go as far as switching out switches to put them into the old keyboards but no you need to solder them. Fuck that. 

Why? Also out of all the colors you choose yellow? Nobody can tell me that an RGB keyboard/ mouse is not all about the looks. I'm so sad. I saw them at the Gamescom in all their glory with the old logo and then you do this shit to me?! Why?! 

I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm a perfectionist and this does appeal to me in anyway. 

I want to go to an alternative dimesion where they never come up with this stupid fucking idea.

Geezus! *MAD* 

if im not mistaken i heard Linus saying something about the old style corsair logo RGB's are out there somewhere there are not many but that doesn't mean you cant get one. if there is a will there is a way!!

i actually like the logo.

a 380t yellow with the corsair rgb k65 and m65,h2100 would look badass