Facebook Real Name Policy

Megazero

We're talking Facebook here... you pretty much know what you're up to when you sign up.

And? Why does that mean I have to use my real name?

Also, there are far more many ethical social networking sites, such a Diaspora. You don't have to use your real names there either, why would you have to?

Why do you still stay, Facebook account owners? If enough of you left, Facebook would crumble into obscurity like Myspace. Hell, even Skype is infinitely better if that's the sole reason you're still on Facebook because of contacts.

Facebook is fortunately approaching death more and more each day. Unfortunately, it will only be replaced by something just as bad afterwards, all because people just sit back and let it happen and can't help but give in to the newest, hottest fad.

Facebook is fortunately approaching death more and more each day. Unfortunately, it will only be replaced by something just as bad afterwards, all because people just sit back and let it happen and can't help but give in to the newest, hottest fad.

I understand the concept, even had a legit Facebook with rl name at one point. All that resulted was constant drama, stalking and a reminder of WHY I avoid my family in the first place. Years later after deactivation earlier this year, my mom calls me up worried because I wrote something suicidal on Facebook that she heard from another family member who called her. Note I said years after deactivation as in I haven't posted on Facebook in years. This is why I loathe that site. Because someone doesn't like me, they actually bothered to make a fake account under my name to be malicious. I don't need that drama in my life and boy what fun that was to explain over the phone to some family and to my mom in person to not worry and it was just a mean spirited moron posting on my behalf.

@gFrenken97 Real names mean jack all. The above proves that as anyone can just take your name and be malicious anyway. There is no real quality control on Facebook. Even Twitter has a better system in place for official accounts. Facebook is a cesspool. Whether it's maliciousness or stalking from a boss because you dared had a fun night out with pics at a party where you were drinking, the world would be better off if Facebook died.

And this is why Facebook should have stayed a closed platform for college students that was invite only. That place went to shit quicker than MySpace once it went open and it seems each new policy change is making me question why you guys with accounts there put up with this. It's well known you're thrown under the bus at a simple a request for your data. it's well known if you work as a teacher, for example, you're not allowed to have a social life or risk being fired. It's well known there are cases of child neglect because "mothers" would rather give attention to fake carrots than their own kid suffering scolding hot water in the tub. The list goes on.

Why do you still stay, Facebook account owners? If enough of you left, Facebook would crumble into obscurity like Myspace. Hell, even Skype is infinitely better if that's the sole reason you're still on Facebook because of contacts.

People still use Facebook?? :o

Pretty much the only reason I still use Facebook is because my contact use Facebook... in Asia we dont use Skype all that much, Myspace dont existed at all and same goes for Twitter. So Facebook is pretty much the only mean we have around here

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

G+ anyone? 

Much like the G+ fiasco I think FB just wants to get in the news so thinks they can get the same air play with the official name thing. End result, masses of people who have fun on the internet won't click on FB for much longer, decrease in revenues, name rules get dropped.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Pretty much the only reason I still use Facebook is because my contact use Facebook... in Asia we dont use Skype all that much, Myspace dont existed at all and same goes for Twitter. So Facebook is pretty much the only mean we have around here

It is pretty much the same for me. The only reason I have it is because the people I like to talk to use it, and I don't always have a cell phone signal at the house due to where I live (which would be necessary to text them). Facebook is not that bad if used just for communication, much the same as myspace was back in the day (~ 2010).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I had an account there under one of my pseudonyms, that was only for chatting with a few folks I couldn't get on Skype or other IM system (including some members on my dad's side of the family). My mother (whom I've been trying to cut entirely out of my life for the past decade so she won't run me into an asylum or 6 feet under via insanity) found out about it and was bugging me non-stop over it for a few months after wards.
Late last year I told FB to "kill" (deactivate) my account and haven't logged in since (even going as far as redirecting any Facebook-related URL's to redirect to 127.0.0.1 in my Hosts file so I wouldn't be tempted to go back, nor get info about me skimmed by FB-based redirection links) before I moved house. Had call from mother a few months after moving about why I hadn't told her I moved and why I wasn't using Facebook anymore (she found out I moved after talking with one of her family members I talk with occasionally). She did NOT take it well when I told her I closed my Facebook account because I was fed up with shit being spammed to me over it and almost losing it to hijackers no less than twice ('jacked it back both times though).

Well I use my real name for FB anyways... Would be kinda weird if I added all my friends with the name Luke Lafreniere, right @Slick?

(I'd probably get all the bitches though)

In America, its our legal right. Why does it matter? I don't use Facebook for personal use and I'm glad I don't