Dell's 27-Inch U2715H Monitor: Updated I/O, Thinner Bezel

Heisenbleurgh

Keeping the 2560 x 1440 resolution and AH-IPS panel, the new, sexier Dell Ultrasharp U2715H has showed up in their Hong Kong site with thinner bezels and updated I/O.

dell-u2715h-overview-1.jpg

It is also an 8-bit panel, making it good for 16.78 million colors, and Dell has it factory-calibrated to cover 99 percent of the sRGB color space with a DeltaE < 3. Some older 27" WQHD UltraSharps had 10-bit panels for a much larger color range, although it wouldn't surprise us if a 10-bit variant were to pop up later on. 

The U2715H's updated I/O interfaces include a four-port USB 3.0 hub, two HDMI inputs with MHL support, a single Mini-DisplayPort in, a single DisplayPort in, an MST DisplayPort out with support for daisy-chaining, and an audio line-out. The monitor also has support for the optional AC511 Dell Speaker Bar.

source

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Same panel, same horrendous backlight bleed

Pretty quick to judge, eh?

Looks nice. Like all dell products though, it's going to be overpriced.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Pretty quick to judge, eh?

Looks nice. Like all dell products though, it's going to be overpriced.

How am I quick to judge? It's the same panel.... People, my self included went through 4+ monitors to get a decent one

How am I quick to judge? It's the same panel.... People, my self included went through 4+ monitors to get a decent one

So they have QC issues, who doesn't? They still have the best CS in comparison to the competition.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

So they have QC issues, who doesn't? They still have the best CS in comparison to the competition.

Quality control issues where 80% of their panels are out right flawed? Thats not exactly a small deal. If it wasnt for the customer support theyd be fucked 

Quality control issues where 80% of their panels are out right flawed? Thats not exactly a small deal. If it wasnt for the customer support theyd be fucked 

I never had and issues with them, neither have my friends.

Keep on preaching though!

I'm not saying Dell overall is bad. I work IT in a school board. I deal with them daily and handle probably $10k worth of their product a month. It's just that one product is  beyond flawed

I'm not saying Dell overall is bad. I work IT in a school board. I deal with them daily and handle probably $10k worth of their product a month. It's just that one product is  beyond flawed

Well with that sample size then I guess I should take your word for it. I guess I've been pretty fortunate.

Your experiences do not apply to everyone else's

It's clear that this panel had horrendous back light bleed issues. It's discouraging to see that they're using the same panel but hopefully they fixed the issues.

I like where the monitor industry is going with smaller bezels, higher resolutions, and color reproduction.

This monitor seems interesting along with the Asus PA328Q. 

This is why im never going dell! lol so many people have said the exact same thing like sooooo many!! and not just this monitor basically every monitor dell makes!

This is why im never going dell! lol so many people have said the exact same thing like sooooo many!! and not just this monitor basically every monitor dell makes!

ITs really only the U2713HM in my experience 

I find with glossy panels panels its extremely easy to spots bleeds but with matte you have to try, ill agree with you, the previous generation of this monitor which i recommended to my friend(by accident) wasnt very good, he didnt notice because hes still a nooblet in the pc world.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Pretty much this, I'm a proud owner of a U2713HM but I did have to go through an absolutely terrible one beforehand, this one isn't perfect by any means, but backlight bleed is minimal so I'm sticking with it. LG were far too lazy with QC on the panel that the U2713HM used since it was a lower tier product compared to the U2713H which was the professional monitor per say. Dell never stepped up and dealt with LG over it, they're happy enough returning shitloads of them daily since it's too much hassle to get LG to sort it. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

youve never heard of people playing the panel lottery with the U2412M? im pretty sure thats the one where it had green spots, dead pixels and back light bleed so many people would return them just to get a monitor that is the same.

too many monitors and too many choices :/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Sweet. Thin bezel 27' Ultrasharp monitor. Do want.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

youve never heard of people playing the panel lottery with the U2412M? im pretty sure thats the one where it had green spots, dead pixels and back light bleed so many people would return them just to get a monitor that is the same.

I deal with alot of U2311's and U2414's. Not many issues

Fingers crossed for no Overdrive issues like the U2713H or the visual static issues like the U2713HM!

Dells not really a choice imo I mean theres a lot better for a lot cheaper (AOC)

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

I really love that stand, I have it on my P2314H's. I wouldn't mind picking up one of these as well.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

it would be awesome if a company sold monitors with removable bezels.