What exactly is Corsair Link?

smallie

I'm planning on getting the Corsair AX 860i PSU, but I wasn't sure what the little 'i' meant. I tried researching it and it turns out it's Corsair Link. Now, from what I've heard it lets you manually set fan speeds within the OS? I didn't really understand what it does.

Is it worth the extra money, or shall I just get the standard AX 860? The price doesn't matter to me at all, as it's only £10 extra. But, will it automatically set things unless I change it, or will I have to manually set it all - as I haven't got a clue how to do that.

Corsair link is software used to configure things, with the h100i it controls the led and fan speeds. It is the buggiest pos software you'll ever use.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

You don't need it. Also the 860i has some issues with 0 rpm fan mode, but the 860 non-i is fine.

I use Link and its perfectly fine, but a lot of people aren't smart enough to get it working, so they call it a POS (like this guy ^^^)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm planning on getting the Corsair AX 860i PSU, but I wasn't sure what the little 'i' meant. I tried researching it and it turns out it's Corsair Link. Now, from what I've heard it lets you manually set fan speeds within the OS? I didn't really understand what it does.

Is it worth the extra money, or shall I just get the standard AX 860? The price doesn't matter to me at all, as it's only £10 extra. But, will it automatically set things unless I change it, or will I have to manually set it all - as I haven't got a clue how to do that.

Get the EVGA Supernova G2 850W or Superflower Leadex Gold 850W assuming you are in UK ? They are both excellent power supplies.

Corsair link is software used to configure things, with the h100i it controls the led and fan speeds. It is the buggiest pos software you'll ever use.

I can guarantee you that its not the buggiest software ever, that have to be geforce experience, windows ME or, windows vista.

You don't need it. Also the 860i has some issues with 0 rpm fan mode, but the 860 non-i is fine.

I use Link and its perfectly fine, but a lot of people aren't smart enough to get it working, so they call it a POS (like this guy ^^^)

So I would need to spend time to research and get it working? If that's the case then I'll just get the non-i version as it doesn't controlling LEDs and fans doesn't really bother me. I just want a non-hassle PSU.

So I would need to spend time to research and get it working? If that's the case then I'll just get the non-i version as it doesn't controlling LEDs and fans doesn't really bother me. I just want a non-hassle PSU.

Then yes get the 860 non-i

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Then yes get the 860 non-i

This is the build I plan on getting (only thing I'm undecided on is the PSU which is the reason for this thread): http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/smallie/saved/bbNxFT

Would it be worth me learning how to use Corsair Link, or would it just be redundant. I don't mind learning, and I guess the hassle, if it is worth it. 

This is the build I plan on getting (only thing I'm undecided on is the PSU which is the reason for this thread): http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/smallie/saved/bbNxFT

Would it be worth me learning how to use Corsair Link, or would it just be redundant. I don't mind learning, and I guess the hassle, if it is worth it. 

No, you only need corsair link if youre a control freak like me.

It doesn't really do anything than change fan speeds or LEDs and monitor temps. Other programs do that too. But if you dont want to use corsair link, get an H105 or x61 instead of the H100i they perform better and are easier to set up.

Spoiler

No, you only need corsair link if youre a control freak like me.

It doesn't really do anything than change fan speeds or LEDs and monitor temps. Other programs do that too. But if you dont want to use corsair link, get an H105 or x61 instead of the H100i they perform better and are easier to set up.

Alright, thanks for the help bro. 

One last question: I don't have to set it up manually right away do I, will it just automatically set up like it would normally do? When I first build the PC I just want to set it all up and start using it. Then a week or two later I'm going to start overclocking and messing around with settings.

This PSU will save you £55 or so. It is an excellent power supply. 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

Review: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=377

This PSU will save you £55 or so. It is an excellent power supply. 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

Review: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=377

The review seems to be more of an unboxing to me, so I went on YouTube and had a look. It does seems like a pretty decent PSU - however for some reason I have just always thought that I shouldn't skimp on the PSU and get a Corsair one...

Oh really? I'm using it wrong when it doesn't show my fans and led? When it shows the wrong color even though I keep changing it and the only solution is to put it on temperature controlled color then back to the preset color? When I have to constantly change which header the fans are connected to just to get the software to register? When I set a custom fan curve and it's either min fan speed or max regardless of the curve? Right that's all my fault. The dumbass here is you, when there are hundreds if not thousands all suffering with the same issues it isn't stupidity that causes it, it's poor coding. Just because you might be a fan boy or because you have few problems doesn't make all the other problems less valid because you don't have them. The one who isn't smart here is you, obviously.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

The review seems to be more of an unboxing to me, so I went on YouTube and had a look. It does seems like a pretty decent PSU - however for some reason I have just always thought that I shouldn't skimp on the PSU and get a Corsair one...

Not sure why you thought it was an unboxing. Jonnyguru is probably the most respected site for power supply reviews. Anyhow the EVGA is a very good psu and I would say it is on par with the AX860. You are definitely not skimping by going for the EVGA. A £50 saving isn't to be sniffed at  :)

Alright, thanks for the help bro. 

One last question: I don't have to set it up manually right away do I, will it just automatically set up like it would normally do? When I first build the PC I just want to set it all up and start using it. Then a week or two later I'm going to start overclocking and messing around with settings.

You can just plug in the H100i or AX860i and it will work out of the box. But if you want to monitor or control the features, you will have to manually install Corsair Link from their website.

Spoiler

blablabla

Calm down m8, it looks like you need a break from the internet for today. I wasn't even talking to you, I replied to the OP.

Just because you have issues that doesn't mean there's anthing wrong with the program, because it works for man other people.

Spoiler

Calm down m8, it looks like you need a break from the internet for today. I wasn't even talking to you, I replied to the OP.

Just because you have issues that doesn't mean there's anthing wrong with the program, because it works for man other people.

use Link and its perfectly fine, but a lot of people aren't smart enough to get it working, so they call it a POS (like this guy ^^^)

That is replying to me

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2169989/h100i-corsair-link-led-problems.html

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120957

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131067

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/140245-corsair-link-problems/

http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/127-corsair/1283241-corsair-link-fan-controller-problem/

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=385897

Obviously I am the only one with these issues.  :mellow: It works for you, you think there is no problems because it works for you. You are ignorant. 

LOL you think people are going to make a topic every time their software works?

That's not how it works. If you have a problem, you talk about it. If it works fine, you don't.

Honestly all it takes to get it working is troubleshooting, knowledge of PC hardware-software interaction, and problem solving skills.

Anyway, lets stop derailing the topic. I already answered OP's question, and he can probably get it working fine like the other thousands of people using corsair link with no problems.

Spoiler

LOL you think people are going to make a topic every time their software works?

That's not how it works. If you have a problem, you talk about it. If it works fine, you don't.

Honestly all it takes to get it working is troubleshooting, knowledge of PC hardware-software interaction, and problem solving skills.

Anyway, lets stop derailing the topic. I already answered OP's question, and he can probably get it working fine like the other thousands of people using corsair link with no problems.

You are truly a pompous, ignorant person. You want to stop talking, then don't reply. Simple as that.

You are truly a pompous, ignorant person. You want to stop talking, then don't reply. Simple as that.

You need to calm down and take a break man, calling people names just makes you look like a kid.

Spoiler

Not sure why you thought it was an unboxing. Jonnyguru is probably the most respected site for power supply reviews. Anyhow the EVGA is a very good psu and I would say it is on par with the AX860. You are definitely not skimping by going for the EVGA. A £50 saving isn't to be sniffed at  :)

Shit wait, my bad. I didn't realise there were more pages as I was on my iPad lol.