Decent earbuds for around 30$?

TheTacoSniper
Go to solution Solved by dat_rock,

Try the sound magic e10, they're the only pair of sub thirty dollar earphones I've heard great reviews about.

As the title says, I am looking to buy some cheep earbuds because I lost my old ones :( I had these ones and was pretty satisfied with the sound quality and durability ( they tanked 5+ washing machine and dryer cycles ). I mainly listen to dubstep while on the bus. Do you have any recommendations or should I just buy another pair of the same ones? 

EDIT: forgot to include link :3 http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-COR150BK-In-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B00BIDH3PI

Another EDIT: I also loved that the squishy parts never fell out and got lost.

wow, thats a lot of bees!

EarPods are $30

no hate plz

They sound alright, are durable, and have in-line controls.

EDIT- ew, dubstep, but if you insist, they do have some impressive bass thanks to some cutouts on the stem to allow for proper air movement to go through, and enhance the bass on otherwise small speakers.

What were your old ones?

herp derp taco is herp derp. I put it in the post :3

wow, thats a lot of bees!

EarPods are $30

no hate plz

EDIT- ew, dubstep, but if you insist, they do have some impressive bass thanks to some cutouts on the stem to allow for proper air movement to go through, and enhance the bass on otherwise small speakers.

Samsung OEM = Earpods. 

$3 vs $30.

Literally, earpods suck. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Samsung OEM = Earpods. 

$3 vs $30.

Literally, earpods suck. 

YOU SUCK

Forreal though, I like 'em. For an OEM headphone, they kick ass. Most are throwaway.

YOU SUCK

Forreal though, I like 'em. For an OEM headphone, they kick ass. Most are throwaway.

I SUCK HUH? 

WELL APPLE SUCKS. FUCK YOU.

FUCK YOUR MACBOOK!

FUCK YOUR MOTHER!

FUCK YOUR FATHER!

FUCK YOUR WHOLE ANCESTORS!

LOL sorry... Got a little carried away...

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I SUCK HUH? 

WELL APPLE SUCKS. FUCK YOU.

FUCK YOUR MACBOOK!

FUCK YOUR MOTHER!

FUCK YOUR FATHER!

FUCK YOUR WHOLE ANCESTORS!

LOL sorry... Got a little carried away...

I know how you feel.

I actually run off a Hackintosh now.

I have the Sennheiser CX 275 S, which I would highly recommend.  I don't listen to much dubstep, but I do listen to a lot of other electronic music, actually just about everything except rap and dubstep.

They have a very even response, but at low volumes the bass can be lacking, and at high volumes there is an ever so slight upper bass bump (which I find rather favorable).  They have rather good isolation with the included silicon pads granted one of the sizes properly fits your ears.  They include a carrying pouch which is nice, and it also happens to be the perfect size for holding an iPhone 4 :).
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-275-Universal-Headset/dp/B008V6T1IW/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1412128770&sr=1-8&keywords=sennheiser+cx

Normally Audio Technica is a good buy, but whenever something is offered in as many colors as the ones you linked to, I get skeptical about the actual quality compared to the aesthetics; see Beats.  Because of this, I'd recommend the Sennheisers over the ATs despite never personally listening to the ATs.  And I wouldn't be afraid to spend a little extra, they are probably something you will be using almost every day for a couple years, at least if you listen to music like I do.

For some reason the CX 300 II and CX 475 are both selling for less than the CX 275 on Amazon.  I can't personally attest to their quality, but the MSRP is higher for both and neither has an inline remote, and they all have similar reviews, so I'd assume they're at least as good.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Enhanced-Earbuds/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1412128770&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-475-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B005QXAAOC/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1412128770&sr=1-3&keywords=sennheiser+cx

EarPods are $30

no hate plz

Even if they do have that air way, most of the bass is lost because of piss-poor seal. Although I will say they fit nicely, they don't seal at all and slide out easily.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Even if they do have that air way, most of the bass is lost because of piss-poor seal. Although I will say they fit nicely, they don't seal at all and slide out easily.

My left ear is always fine, but my right ear ALWAYS has it slip out. Annoying as fuck.

they do have some impressive bass thanks to some cutouts on the stem to allow for proper air movement to go through, and enhance the bass on otherwise small speakers.

Your logic is flawless

Your logic is flawless

Be blown away.

Be blown away.

Please be aware of my amazing sarcasm

Edit: However, after doing some reading I can't seem to find the exact system they're using.

Seems like some kind of bassreflex or aperiodic system, but that doesn't make sense to me.

EarPods are $30

no hate plz

Earpods as in the one with pea shaped units, right? Tyll from Innerfidelity called it 'the best in its price range'. I've never tried one, but read good reviews about it. The older flat ones, though, sucks heavily (I literally thought, what was Apple thinking, bundling those crappy earphones with their multimedia products)....

Try the sound magic e10, they're the only pair of sub thirty dollar earphones I've heard great reviews about.

old system dead ... new one soon