how to reduce dust?

spwath

How can I reduce the amount of dust in my room, short of buying an air purifier?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How can I reduce the amount of dust in my room, short of buying an air purifier?

Clean your room. Buy a duster and clean areas frequently. 

I dust my office every couple of days, and have 3 cats and never see that much hair/dust in my systems.

Shower more often and scrub, get that dead skin off since that's pretty much what dust is.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Clean it! :D

I do, but still a lot of dust settles everywhere

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My house has an atrocious design and dust comes in and accumulates a lot. I can clean it everyday but still it gets all dusty.

I never tried with an air purifier, could work.

Clean your room. Buy a duster and clean areas frequently.

I dust my office every couple of days, and have 3 cats and never see that much hair/dust in my systems.

Shower more often and scrub, get that dead skin off since that's pretty much what dust is.

I have a swiffer I use.

stop going in your room and make it air tight, a lot of dust comes from human skin

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have a swiffer I use.

Are you getting everything from under the bed, on shelves, on the desk, the floors, everything? Dust is light and can move around and accumulate fast.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Are you getting everything from under the bed, on shelves, on the desk, the floors, everything? Dust is light and can move around and accumulate fast.

My bed is a loft.

Just remembered, I have this chair in my room that when the sun is on it, you can see clouds of dust come out. I think I'll get rid of it.

I suggest hoovering every day, along with showering daily and dusting in those hard to reach places at least twice a week. If all else fails, just live with the shit until you can get a purifier.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

1. Ensure you have a vacuum cleaner

Make sure it has a decent filter

Hoover your room; including shelves, wardrobe and of course the floor

Put the hoover away

Have a shower with a flannel

Replace bedsheets

Compatible with Windows 95

Take your duvet and mattress outside about once a week and bash them.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Take your duvet and mattress outside about once a week and bash them.

Once a week? O have a memory foam mattress, is heavy

Reduce the amount of fabric in your room, so get rid of curtains, replace them with plastic or whatever.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Reduce the amount of fabric in your room, so get rid of curtains, replace them with plastic or whatever.

Ill get ridOf big puffy dust chair

Do you have a dog?

They create a crazy amount of dust and dander.

Vacuum a lot. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Ill get ridOf big puffy dust chair

im accualy redoing my server room beacoues doset is a real provlem one of the biggest isssues its im on thick fluffy carpet that just love to hold dust and dirt.so what im going to be doing is eather put cardbour down under my server or put cheap wood flooring under all over the room.another thing is getting rid if the curtains. also i be getting a whole bunch of 120mm fan with filters to suck up all the dust (not realy even for cooling any thing going to be putting them on the server doors) and last but not least getting a air purifier thingy.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

im accualy redoing my server room beacoues doset is a real provlem one of the biggest isssues its im on thick fluffy carpet that just love to hold dust and dirt.so what im going to be doing is eather put cardbour down under my server or put cheap wood flooring under all over the room.another thing is getting rid if the curtains. also i be getting a whole bunch of 120mm fan with filters to suck up all the dust (not realy even for cooling any thing going to be putting them on the server doors) and last but not least getting a air purifier thingy.

Yeah, I removed my carpet

Once a week? O have a memory foam mattress, is heavy

once a few weeks then, Just do it every now and then it should make a big difference.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

For reducing dust being consumed you really don't need to clean regularly.

One of the things that help reduce dust consumption is to not allow the room to have direct sun light contact.

Wherever sun light passes through. Dust is being carried out. So block and sun light reflection. Also have at least a ventilation exhaust, and maintain the temp fresh or cool.

Other might be clean and what people have said.