snow ball mic sound like im in a "wind tunnel"

ClunkGaming

so as it says in the title, i got this mic like a month ago and it worked fine, now almost every time i talk on team speak it makes that sound and its very loud (or so i have been told, i cant hear it) i have tried changing usb plugs, i have tried every setting i can think of in teamspeak and i cant get it to stop, any thoughts?

(i attached a sound file that i grabed from a test with audacity, i made sure there where no fans or anything, it is dead silent in my room.blue mic.wav)

CPU:Intel i7 4770K @3.5GHz GFX: Gigabite 770 Primary HDD: Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD RAM:16GB Adata @2133 OS: WIN8 PSU:700 Watt

1. Make sure you aren't in a wind tunnel.

2. Try using audacity or something to record yourself talking. See what it sounds like. 

Edit: Guy above me took my joke. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Step 1: Get out of the wind tunnel.

Alright, so technically I wrote my joke before you, because I had to write a second step, which made it take longer. So you took my joke  :P

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

ok so any real suggestions or advice?

CPU:Intel i7 4770K @3.5GHz GFX: Gigabite 770 Primary HDD: Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD RAM:16GB Adata @2133 OS: WIN8 PSU:700 Watt

In the sound manager, go to the recording devices tab, and select properties. Under the Levels tab, make sure microphone boost is turned off:

post-419-0-04589600-1411959668.png

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

In the sound manager, go to the recording devices tab, and select properties. Under the Levels tab, make sure microphone boost is turned off:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

mine doesnt even have that option?

http://gyazo.com/bdc4b71e09cce53815327b04d8ce367c

mine doesnt even have that option?

http://gyazo.com/bdc4b71e09cce53815327b04d8ce367c

RMA the blue snowball.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

That's a problem with the microphone receiving false frequencies, RMA it..

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.