Was I In The Wrong Here? Be Honest, I'd Seriously Like to Know

MeesterJackson

Ok so yesterday I made a post in "New Builds and Planning" and asked for simple suggestions/feedback on my future build. 

Now I understand that I COULD have been a bit more specific in it (though I now fear of doing things like that as it seems like certain members of the LTT community don't like to take the time to freaking read longer posts from previous experiences), but this wasn't something greatly difficult that needed a lot of thought either. 

But here, just look at some of these comments: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/223455-intels-rdw-red-devilish-worker-thoughts-and-opinions/#entry3068158

Seriously, was I a bit of a douche or was I just not getting the answers I was supposed to get? Because once I asked something along the lines of "Why would you recommend that, when what I originally picked is pretty much better?" I just kept getting tons of irritating comments. 

Also seriously, I want this to be a productivity/gaming computer. The Pentium G3258 is awesome for games when overclocked, but definitely cannot keep up with the i5's, Xeon's, or i7's, when it comes to video work. WHY ON EARTH, would you recommend that to me? I'm going to have that build for awhile before I can afford a new CPU, so that's a dumb idea. 

You overreacted. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Maybe it's just the people who replied...idk

Different people are on at different times.

I think your build is perfect. Made for video editing right? Then all your parts are good.

But personally I would get a more well known SSD brand, such as intel or samsung. I care more about reliability than top speed.

And maybe a seagate HDD if its cheaper than the WD blue you chose.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No. Clearly the contributors were just raging on you saying "5770K".

You should have said Broadwell or next-gen i7, but their reaction was just absurd.

I guess I kinda did, but still, a Pentium? Really? Lol 

Oh yeah no, i thought that guy was trolling. Your response to him was fine. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Maybe it's just the people who replied...idk

Different people are on at different times.

I think your build is perfect. Made for video editing right? Then all your parts are good.

But personally I would get a more well known SSD brand, such as intel or samsung. I care more about reliability than top speed.

And maybe a seagate HDD if its cheaper than the WD blue you chose.

I guess. 

Well the Sandisk has pretty much all good reviews across the board (though there not being too many of them) it beats out the Samsung Evo and Crucial SSD I was originally going to buy. It's a video editing and gaming build. But yes, probably going to do more video editing than anything on it really. Gaming will still be like nearly 45% of what I'm going to do on it though lol. 

Speaking of reliability, but WD I believe just has lower failure rates than Seagate, so that's why I picked them...and honestly I only think Seagate was like 3ish dollars cheaper lol.  

Oh yeah no, i thought that guy was trolling. Your response to him was fine. 

Yeahhh...see that's what I thought, then someone else actually agreed with him....so yeahhhh lol. 

You definitely should have explained your goals for the build, plus your budget in the OP. You get to deal with less shit if you explain what your goals are for the build.

I don't see any budget, or any explanation of purpose in the OP. Read this thread before you post build appraisal posts http://linustechtips.com... OR just post your OP into the CPU section of hardware topics instead...

Read the rules, then you get to deal with less garbage...

Git Gud.

You were correct but seemed confrontational about at. They did as well. On the build, I would kick the rog board for something cheaper. Also an ips monitor, the extra refresh rate is less important than good colors for video editing and color work. 

No. Clearly the contributors were just raging on you saying "5770K".

You should have said Broadwell or next-gen i7, but their reaction was just absurd.

Yeah, that's honestly what I got out of it. Like seriously look at my last comment. I speak the friggin' truth. 

Intel CONFIRMED that Broadwell would be compatible with Z97 and why the hell wouldn't they call it a "i7-5770k"? Even if it's not called that, there WILL be a compatible CPU for Z97 in the future that tops the current mainstream i7's....soooo yeah. Just throwin' that out there. 

You definitely should have explained your goals for the build, plus your budget in the OP. You get to deal with less shit if you explain what your goals are for the build.

I don't see any budget, or any explanation of purpose in the OP. Read this thread before you post build appraisal posts http://linustechtips.com... OR just post your OP into the CPU section of hardware topics instead...

Read the rules, then you get to deal with less garbage...

Hmm....I guess so. But like I said, beforehand when I give more details, less people if any, seem to freakin' read it. It's happened to me like 5+ times already. 

I'll give it a read. 

You were correct but seemed confrontational about at. They did as well. On the build, I would kick the rog board for something cheaper. Also an ips monitor, the extra refresh rate is less important than good colors for video editing and color work. 

I think I snapped after they kept not really explaining why I should get the i5, and when two people recommended me to buy a Pentium. 

I responded to this in the other original post. 

If you're experienced and know what you want, I think it'd be better to specify what you're looking for in suggestions. Just saying you're open to suggestions invites all sorts of opinions, even uneducated or silly ones. If you feel your build is weak in a certain area, or you're unsure, specify that. You seemed to be set on your CPU plan, so arguing that point further is a waste. I think it's great to let people know about the Xeon as an option, but I wouldn't use your build suggestion thread as the platform to do so.

If you're experienced and know what you want, I think it'd be better to specify what you're looking for in suggestions. Just saying you're open to suggestions invites all sorts of opinions, even uneducated or silly ones. If you feel your build is weak in a certain area, or you're unsure, specify that. You seemed to be set on your CPU plan, so arguing that point further is a waste. I think it's great to let people know about the Xeon as an option, but I wouldn't use your build suggestion thread as the platform to do so.

Well I wasn't originally trying to. It just kind of happened when they kept not giving me a good reason to pick the i5 over the Xeon. Someone seriously told me that because the i5 was "100Mhz faster at stock" that it beats the Xeon. The Xeon has HT+It's 4 cores, meaning it's already better. 

I've already made an actual YouTube video on Xeon's (which is decently popular lol) so I kinda feel like I always have to defend them. Again, wasn't necessarily trying to tell why they're really a good option, just more so trying to justify why it was in my build. 

But thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. 

rule #2 never start argument over the internet.. :mellow:

Details separate people.

Their reactions were way over the top. Don't worry about it.

I thought so...but I was a bit overly defensive. 

rule #2 never start argument over the internet.. :mellow:

Unfortunately everyone goes through 1 in their life....well anyone that lives in a standard city anyways.