BSOD system service error (nvlddmkm.sys)

Th3Brofessiona1

i was updating my drivers and then my computer just blue screens and now when i turn it on it just keeps blue screening and i cant get into windows i have tried some things but i dont know what to do to fix this

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

What drivers?

Did you make a windows repair disk?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i was updating my drivers and then my computer just blue screens and now when i turn it on it just keeps blue screening and i cant get into windows i have tried some things but i dont know what to do to fix this

Boot into safe mode and uninstall all video drivers

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

the nvida driver and how do i boot into safe  mode it doesnt give me the option

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

i have the windows 8 dick if that is what you are asking

sorry *disk

Hold Shift when you power on your system. and that should give you an option to boot into safe mode.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

You don't even have to uninstall them, just boot in safe mode, and download the latest one, and when you are installing it, check the square with the clean install (something around those lines), and wait for it to finish the installation. Reboot, and comment.

it doesnt work when i hold shift

i cat get into safe mode

i just tryed to reinstall windows and installed the graphics driver and did the same thing

any help with this would be great i just need to get my pc back working as soon as possible

i cant even get to windows it just keeps blue screening

does anybody know what else i should try

Reinstall windows, but without your GPU. Use the Intel iGPU while installing, does it still BSOD? If no, then update to the latest BIOS available for your motherboard.

Then try to reinstall the GPU. Before installing the Nvidia drivers, what does device manager show?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Reinstall windows, but without your GPU. Use the Intel iGPU while installing, does it still BSOD? If no, then update to the latest BIOS available for your motherboard.

Then try to reinstall the GPU. Before installing the Nvidia drivers, what does device manager show?

i just tyied using onboard and it worked so my old gtx 580 is now dead but o well i prob. be getting a gtx 980 in like a month

i just tyied using onboard and it worked so my old gtx 580 is now dead but o well i prob. be getting a gtx 980 in like a month

Were you overclocking before the BSODs started to happen?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Were you overclocking before the BSODs started to happen?

the cpu yes but i put it back to stck and i just tried to put my old gt 210 in and i still doenst wirk it just sits at  blackscreen so do you think that it could be a problem with the drivers or what i dont know,but i got a display when i used onboard,should i use the onboard again and try to uninstall the drivers?

the cpu yes but i put it back to stck and i just tried to put my old gt 210 in and i still doenst wirk it just sits at  blackscreen so do you think that it could be a problem with the drivers or what i dont know,but i got a display when i used onboard,should i use the onboard again and try to uninstall the drivers?

Yes go back to onboard and uninstall the drivers, I recomend this utility: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/wagnard-tools-ddu-gmp-tdr-manupulator-updated-09-22-14-/

Select clean and restart.

Also, is your BIOS up to date? The BIOS should be able to detect that a GPU has been added and disable the onboard graphics. Finally, make sure that your GPU is in the topmost PCI-E x16 slot. 

i dont know what is happening now i just switched to on board and it just stays at a black screen now to

i dont know what is happening now i just switched to on board and it just stays at a black screen now to

Reset your BIOS, there should be a dip switch or jumper pin on your motherboard to do so.

Yes go back to onboard and uninstall the drivers, I recomend this utility: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/wagnard-tools-ddu-gmp-tdr-manupulator-updated-09-22-14-/

Select clean and restart.

Also, is your BIOS up to date? The BIOS should be able to detect that a GPU has been added and disable the onboard graphics. Finally, make sure that your GPU is in the topmost PCI-E x16 slot. 

yes it is the top slot and would there be an update for the bios the motherboard is an asus z87 sabertooth with and i7 4770k

Reset your BIOS, there should be a dip switch or jumper pin on your motherboard to do so.

ther is a button on the io panel and it has like a refresh symbol is that what you are talking about?