Separate section for onboard audio... What a load of c**p

I had enough of this marketing heap, claiming that this so called "separated section" for motherboard`s onboard audio makes a difference in sound quality. If everyone knew how electronics work, people would not be fooled so easily. But not everyone knows, so motherboard manufacturers take advantage of this situation.

A PC is a very "noisy" environment for audio.

Don`t be fooled, a cutout trace and a little shield for the decoder does not improve sound quality! The onboard sound decoder chip still shares the same power and other connections with the motherboard thus it is still susceptible to noise and other high frequency interference generated by different components located on the motherboard. A cutout trace here and there does not help! The only solution is to move the audio decoding outside the PC, so the decoder only shares the digital output, and in most cases it`s even better for the decoder or DAC (however you like to call it) to receive power from an external power source, and not to be powered by the USB port.

If someone can prove me wrong, then I would take my tophat of for that person.

K then....

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Glad you had something to contribute to the subject... Thanks!

Welcome to LTT, where we post whatever

We knew this since the first tests done with these boards over a year ago that it doesn't help. Some people will always fall into marketing tricks.

Welcome to LTT, where we post whatever

Maybe he had nothing else to do so he tought why not post something, unfortunately he had nothing constructive to contribute

We knew this since the first tests done with these boards over a year ago that it doesn't help. Some people will always fall into marketing tricks.

Even I find myself falling for marketing tricks and heaps...