What's your Opinion on Censoring Foul language?

This being on Foul language/Curse words Public television regardless of what time the shows air & on Public Websites..or on forum/board , this may be partial or complete censoring..Plus do you think it it obstructs the first amendment right? leave your thoughts & rants down below..

Remember the subject is on Bad language/Curse words nothing more , don't drag it down to p0rn discusssion..How would you handle something if you had control over this?

Alrighty people, That being said ,

Rule No:1 :Don't start an Hefty argument with another member , Light scuffle allowed but don't push it,

Rule No:2 :report anything that offends you & remove the comment  *oh the Irony*

Edit: Also Consider FCC's reason for censoring, it can/may/will protect younger audience to be exposed too eary to profanity & which in turn lead them to further demeaning to the society, also keeping things family safe...imho it's rather an effective way & working (atleast they're trying)

Edited by Tech_Dreamer

Details separate people.

it is fucking stupid, i can say poop but not shit? its a synonym, get over it people

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I'm against censorship of cuss words... These words are part of language and make language more colorful and less formal...

I don't listen to the radio for a reason...

I unfortunately have a bad habit of swearing, but I'll also admit that it's not value added to a conversation. Its a bad habit that I'd like to get rid off.

It makes it more funny when it's censored. (IMO) 

I agree...

F*****uck!!!

Firetruck!!!

Yes. Its the most stupid thing ever. Especially considering that there aren't real lists of banned words.

I always find it amusing when americans yell "WHAT THE FRICK" or Darned instead of damned...You already did the sin by thinking it...It doesn't make it somehow alright because you changed it in the last minute(That one goes out to you Todd From Goldrush).

The whole logic behind is staggeringly stupid if you ask me.

In my country, we don't ban bad words on tv, but it is considered impolite, and I notice that we end up having far fewer swear words on the air than hear(biiip) in american TV.

Such as this:

Reminds me so much of my grandmother. She never swears by herself but sometimes she makes fun of the rest of us for swearing too much by repeating it, and it sounds so much worse than everybody else.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Man, censoring swearing is absolutely f*cking stupid piece of sh*t and it's f*cking bullsh*t, I hope these c*nts learn that f*cking censoring god damn b*tch-a*s swearing is not f*cking good. /irony

But in all seriousness, it's kind of dumb, but oh well.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

It ruins music.  Heard Aenema by Tool on the Radio the other day. pissed me the hell off, like usual. It ruined the song and then some. And that's the only way a lot of people hear it. If you don't like it, change the station or turn it off . Censorship is outdated and retarded. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

and this

Or even

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

When I listen to a song expecting to hear the actual version because it doesn't say "clean" anywhere, and then it turns out to be the clean version, I get sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed. Censorship is dumb.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I mean swears are going to be heard anyway why try and stop it?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

My take on this, is that for public channels on mid day, there needs to be some sort of control of foul language, but for the rest of the day and non-public channels, it should be completely not censored.

I think the only thing bad about foul language is that it takes away a lot from the kids, so if the kid is watching some cartoons while eating his cereal at the morning, and suddenly the show ends and a more mature show starts, it kinda sucks.

The control of what the kids see must be taken by the parents, not the state, not the TV channel. For public 'air' TV channels, there should be some sort of restriction on the main part of the day, but for paid television and later hours you should be responsible for your kid and don't let it watch that type of content, not the state. And if I don't have kids and want to watch what I paid for I want to have the right to watch it uncensored.

Pointless and infantile.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Seriously, everyone over 6 probably knows what you're saying. There's no point. Just make sure your 5 year olds don't watch explicit content

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

on the fence here

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

As long as it's not racist or discriminatory I have to problem with it.

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

As long as it's not racist or discriminatory I have to problem with it.

I disagree. You don't censor racists or discriminatory language. You fucking shame it!

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

On Comedy Central (Katt Williams)they sometimes didn't censor "Fuck" or "Nigga", but they censored "retarded". I lost all faith in humanity. I understand that since it's a cable channel, comedy central can choose their own policy on that, but...sigh.

Apparently "Nigga" is less likely to offend someone than "retarded" according to Comedy Central. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch