Is this a legit download?

NeatSquidYT

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/techspot.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc

the site seems trustworthy, im not sure about the file itself.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

sure its a free download, you need a key though.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I'm just going to download it. 6 minutes til' I can open the file.

you could download it on a virtual machine to see if its a virus, then it cant really infect you

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

your location, its too damn long.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

your location, its too damn long.

it's accurate though, i should move it to my description.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

you could download it on a virtual machine to see if its a virus, then it cant really infect you

My laptop + virtual machines = NO. JUST NO.

Premier Pro 2.0 is 8 years old...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You can really do that ? That creates a safe environnement ?

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

why is the cat face palming

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

It creates another os, basically any virus/malware/ransomware whatever the case infects the virtual machine, there are not any well known or distributed pc pathogens with can detect a false os, of course you will need an iso of whatever os you want to create a virtual machine in, it will be slower as its like a vpn, hardware to first layer os and then virtual os.

Listen if you care.

Yes, a virtual machines creates a virtual hard drive, in the form a a file of, lets say 20gb. When you run stuff within the virtual machine, everything happens in that file and is contained within it.

It could technically be possible for the virus to "spread" to your computer if it was made to be able to get out of that file, but how I see it, it would be the same as you getting a virus from your computer to spread to you.

EDIT: @brownninja97 I guess you beat me to it.

why is the cat face palming

Why not. It's better than generic anime picture :P

Spoiler

Why not. It's better than generic anime picture :P

well yeah but there has to be a reason why the cat is face palming

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Yes, a VM is essentially a virtual pc that is completely separate from the rest of your computer be it other VMs or the OS it's running on.  Now things in the VM should stay in the VM.... I'm not a security expert but I've heard that VM escape exploits are a real possibility but it seems like it's unlikely that you will ever be effected by it.

Yes, a virtual machines creates a virtual hard drive, in the form a a file of, lets say 20gb. When you run stuff within the virtual machine, everything happens in that file and is contained within it.

It could technically be possible for the virus to "spread" to your computer if it was made to be able to get out of that file, but how I see it, it would be the same as you getting a virus from your computer to spread to you.

Well if virtual machines get very common then people might be tempted to bend the code to get out of a virtual os, no clue how it would get done, my guess is that they would attack the hardware instead of the software.

Listen if you care.

Well if virtual machines get very common then people might be tempted to bend the code to get out of a virtual os, no clue how it would get done, my guess is that they would attack the hardware instead of the software.

My guess would be through some sort of exploit attack on the VM host.

well yeah but there has to be a reason why the cat is face palming

Photoshop? Idk.

Spoiler

Photoshop? Idk.

ok but i would of thought it was something the cat was looking at

Spoiler

It creates another os, basically any virus/malware/ransomware whatever the case infects the virtual machine, there are not any well known or distributed pc pathogens with can detect a false os, of course you will need an iso of whatever os you want to create a virtual machine in, it will be slower as its like a vpn, hardware to first layer os and then virtual os.

Yes, a VM is essentially a virtual pc that is completely separate from the rest of your computer be it other VMs or the OS it's running on.  Now things in the VM should stay in the VM.... I'm not a security expert but I've heard that VM escape exploits are a real possibility but it seems like it's unlikely that you will ever be effected by it.

Thanks guys that's very good to know. I know how to run VM's but I thought the viruses would spread.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

@LapX As long as you keep that polar bear near you, you should be protected, BUT, your polar bear will never be able to match my maple syrup tree combined with THE GREAT POUTINE GOD.

@LapX As long as you keep that polar bear near you, you should be protected, BUT, your polar bear will never be able to match my maple syrup tree combined with THE GREAT POUTINE GOD.

God of fatness ? At least taking my bear for a walk doesn't make me fat.

God of fatness ? At least taking my bear for a walk doesn't make me fat.

Psssh... at least my maple tree wont kill me if it can't find nutrients ;)

Psssh... at least my maple tree wont kill me if it can't find nutrients ;)

My bear is well trained, I've had it since it was born, he thinks I'm his mom.