[EVGA]GTX 980 Classified Specs and 980 Hydro Copper Coming Soon

Woah, tall PCB, not that I wanted to SLI anyway (?), I think you pretty much need the EVGA SLI bridge to be able to reach the connectors.

Pretty sure that hydro 980 has a EK block on it as theirs the "E" logo in the bottom right. As for the ACX classified they definitely should have stayed with Black and Brushed Silver which accent very well. I suppose this overused red is for the RED EVGA X99 MOBO's.

Their Classified cards have been using red accents for quite some time but yeah I don't like red.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

People with older monitors.

But DP is magical... passive adapters... haha. Why not 3 DP and maybe one HDMI though, who needs the DVI?

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

But DP is magical... passive adapters... haha. Why not 3 DP and maybe one HDMI though, who needs the DVI?

why not go one step further and throw 5 mini DP ports on the back and leave it at that.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

why not go one step further and throw 5 mini DP ports on the back and leave it at that.

2 TB 3 armed with DP 1.4, capable of not only giving the monitor info, but being able to power it. All the form of miniDP, all the versatility of TB.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Like this and this!

OT: The ACX cooler has a simple look so obviously I already like it, but that I/O is so old that I'd rather go for Gigabyte's Windforce that has 2xDVI, 3xDP, and 1xHDMI. Even though I know I can't use all 6 at once, at least I have the versatility to use what I want, when I want without having to buy adapters/converters.

I think I'll wait and see what AMD brings to the table, maybe by then EVGA will update their I/O.

Like this and this!

OT: The ACX cooler has a simple look so obviously I already like it, but that I/O is so old that I'd rather go for Gigabyte's Windforce that has 2xDVI, 3xDP, and 1xHDMI. Even though I know I can't use all 6 at once, at least I have the versatility to use what I want, when I want without having to buy adapters/converters.

I think I'll wait and see what AMD brings to the table, maybe by then EVGA will update their I/O.

Yeah pretty much. The 7990 was almost there with 4 DP and a DVI. The nice thing about a layout like that is that you can the have single slot watercooled cards if you have the bracket for it like this thing. http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vga-i-o-bracket-hd7990-se.html

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Yeah pretty much. The 7990 was almost there with 4 DP and a DVI. The nice thing about a layout like that is that you can the have single slot watercooled cards if you have the bracket for it like this thing. http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vga-i-o-bracket-hd7990-se.html

Oh God..if I had the spare cash for parts and watercooling, I would so buy that just for the I/O.

Hopefully the reference 980/970's can get something similar.

Oh God..if I had the spare cash for parts and watercooling, I would so buy that just for the I/O.

Hopefully the reference 980/970's can get something similar.

same here, I find it a bit annoying that so many of the 970s are using dual DVI, DP, HDMI layouts. They just need to step it up and run all DP. Just throw in some adapters and call it a day if they are worried about people bitching about compatibility. Going all mini DP would not only free up a slot for water cooling but it would also let them use that entire space for one big vent long the slot which would be nice for cooling.

well i have to say i couldnt care less since ek has their blocks out soon

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

That waterblock is the sexiest thing I've seen all day.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.