Which Water Cooler Should I Use? Thinking About H100i or H105

Hey guys, I just built my first PC about a month ago and I am finding it loud and quite disturbing so I decided that I was going to change the stock cooler for my CPU. I am really noob when it comes to PC and I probably wont understand some extreme technical stuff that you guys say mainly because I am only 13. My budget is quite low and I would like an extremely quite cooling system. My limit to how much I can spend is around the H105's price. Please leave any tips that would help me make a better decision on what to get. BTW: I would need a radiator that would fit on the top of a Phanteks Enthoo Pro and on a FM2 mounting for my motherboard.

Thanks in advance :D

The h105 has a thicker rad which in theory should give you better temps. Me personally I would go with the h105 :)

There's nothing I could add. I would get a h105.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Thanks but between the two, which is quieter? Of course I definitely care about the temps but I am not planning to overclock. And I have done my research and the h105 doesn't support Corsair link if I'm not wrong. Is corsair link a deal breaker? Or is it just nothing much?

if your not OC'ing then why the AIO? looks?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Corsair H105 is as quiet as they come, great temps even on my FX 9590 before I went full custom. Great cooler, definitely recommend it.

It has mounting for all AMD and Intel so FM2 will be covered. 

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

I'm not running an APU, I have a Gigabyte R9 280x which is pretty quiet.

But you have an FM2 CPU... if its not an APU then its an Athlon... watercooling is still not worth it

if your not OC'ing then why the AIO? looks?

I dont understand this logic, water coolers or so dirt chip these days (sub 50 bucks if you get it on sale). I use one in every pc i have, even my media center. Regardless of how much cooling you need the water cooler exhausts all the heat immediately out of the case so you internal temps in your case are super low and you can turn your case fans down to nothing.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

I dont understand this logic, water coolers or so dirt chip these days (sub 50 bucks if you get it on sale). I use one in every pc i have, even my media center. Regardless of how much cooling you need the water cooler exhausts all the heat immediately out of the case so you internal temps in your case are super low and you can turn your case fans down to nothing.

You are kinda right... but I rather spend less money or spend it on something else...

You are kinda right... but I rather spend less money or spend it on something else...

Good Point.

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.”― W.C. Fields
Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Good Point.

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.”― W.C. Fields

I mean... if I'm building a relatively good pc (Core i5/i7/FX 8350) then i'd love to have watercooling but for a regular computer (a low end pc for example) i think is just not worth it

I had no idea that I was running an APU. I thought it was a standard AMD CPU. Because I would really want a quieter PC and I run BF4 at ultra graphics at 1080p. Do I need water cooling at all? Or is it ok? Because I might upgrade to an i7 4770k (Haswell) when I save up enough money. But most importnantly is that I really really want a silent PC and the lats time I checked, most of the sound was coming from the CPU cooler. Please help guys :D I am really new to this.

I had no idea that I was running an APU. I thought it was a standard AMD CPU. Because I would really want a quieter PC and I run BF4 at ultra graphics at 1080p. Do I need water cooling at all? Or is it ok? Because I might upgrade to an i7 4770k (Haswell) when I save up enough money. But most importnantly is that I really really want a silent PC and the lats time I checked, most of the sound was coming from the CPU cooler. Please help guys :D I am really new to this.

Well its an APU or an Athlon which is basically an APU with no graphics. If you want to upgrade to an i7 you will need a new motherboard... But for gaming an i5 its more than enough

You have been given solid advice, but please make sure that the thicker h105 rad will fit in your case.

I have an Enthoo Pro and the H105 fits perfectly. Ensure that you plug in the 8-pin CPU power cable first before installing the H105, as it will be a tight squeeze afterwards. The H105 nudges against my top VRM heatsink, but it's fine.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Thanks so much guys. This has helped me so much. Would I need an upgrade for my PSU because I only have a 550W hexa plus one.

One thing to note is that you may want to use rubber o-rings between the fans and the radiator, and between the radiator and the top of the case. The Enthoo Pro is an aluminum chassis and more susceptible to vibration. I know that I had to use o-rings to cancel out the vibration from the static pressure fans.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

One thing to note is that you may want to use rubber o-rings between the fans and the radiator, and between the radiator and the top of the case. The Enthoo Pro is an aluminum chassis and more susceptible to vibration. I know that I had to use o-rings to cancel out the vibration from the static pressure fans.

Where can I get these rubber o-rings for the OEM fans? And I'm pretty sure the Enthoo Pro is actually just plastic with a brushed metal styled finish. But I'm not 100% sure

Guys would I need a larger PSU for the water cooling system? or is 550W enough? If you need to know my specs, just check my build in my account thing :D

was just asking him, thats all. didnt say he shouldnt do it.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R