New gaming monitor <$1000 AUD

=_ZeRo_=

Hey all,

If you had a $1000 AUD to spend on a gaming monitor which one would.

Or would you expand the budget a little more and get 3 cheaper monitors for a triple monitor setup?

Cheers!

If only the ROG swift had a 60Hz IPS edition. I would instantly buy that.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

I would never spend that much on a single monitor for gaming..

Same!

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

If only the ROG swift had a 60Hz IPS edition. I would instantly buy that.

What's the problem with 60Hz? I thought gamers liked that extra great awesome "feature"

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I would never spend that much on a single monitor for gaming..

Agree. It needs to be at least for other stuff that gaming. 1000 for TN?!!! beurg 

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

What's the problem with 60Hz? I thought gamers liked that extra great awesome "feature"

I'm not saying there is a problem with 60Hz. I'm saying I want a 60Hz version IPS (Color over gimmicky 144Hz lol)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I currently have a 120hz 1080p monitor and have never seen a 1440p monitor in the flesh so I don't know if I am missing out on much still using a 1080p monitor.

So unsure if to stick with a 1080p monitor or to step up to 1440p....

Or even move up to a 4k monitor? :unsure:

I'm not saying there is a problem with 60Hz. I'm saying I want a 60Hz version IPS (Color over gimmicky 144Hz lol)

Ah yeah ok. What about a G sync IPS 120ghz 1ms monitor?? that comes with a chick with a remote control (of course a mute button and bunch of other ones.....giggity)

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I currently have a 120hz 1080p monitor and have never seen a 1440p monitor in the flesh so I don't know if I am missing out on much still using a 1080p monitor.

So unsure if to stick with a 1080p monitor or to step up to 1440p....

Or even move up to a 4k monitor? :unsure:

GO 1440

Ah yeah ok. What about a G sync IPS 120ghz 1ms monitor?? that comes with a chick with a remote control (of course a mute button and bunch of other ones.....giggity)

I don't need all that gimmicky 120/144Hz. I don't even have a pc to use that :P. Don't need 1 ms either. 5ms 60Hz IPS with the rest of what the ROG swift has (ULMB, GSYNC, etc) and I'm happy

I don't need all that gimmicky 120/144Hz. I don't even have a pc to use that :P. Don't need 1 ms either. 5ms 60Hz IPS with the rest of what the ROG swift has (ULMB, GSYNC, etc) and I'm happy

I feel you man, I never had a great gamer monitor, just IPS 5ms, and for CSGO, work just fine and I Rock at it. But don't you think the chick option could be an advantage??

I cant decide between the rog swift or the new 34 inch AOC coming out. #FirstWorldProblems.

Go triple monitors instead of 1 display.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB