Help me build my mini itx gaming pc

HardCore

hello guys i finally have enough money to build my gaming pc, but i'm not an expert so I hope you may help me

first i would like to mount on it the following componets for sure :

Asus Maximus VI Impact Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card

second, due to portability reasons i would like to use this case to build it

if the case i want does not make possible to use the three previous parts the i would like you help me find the smallest case possible to fit the parts

i know i need 8gb ram at least and a 250gb ssd but i haven't choose them yet

I don't need mouse, keyboard, monitor or os.

I don't know whatelse i need to complete the built so i really hope that you could help me

my goal is to be able to play the witcher 3 with max setting without lag and to have a good portability of the machine

of course the more money I can save, the better it is, but not budget limitations

Thank you guys

that case will not even support any video cards

the 980 would be better than a 780ti especially in an ITX rig

a 4690k would be better for gaming

that motherboard is overkill

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

You're going to have to find a much larger case if you want to run a full sized graphics card.

Also the 120w power supply in that case doesn't meet half the power requirements of the graphics card alone..

Why 780 Ti and not the 980?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

that case cant even handle a GPU, 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

hello guys i finally have enough money to build my gaming pc, but i'm not an expert so I hope you may help me

first i would like to mount on it the following componets for sure :

Asus Maximus VI Impact Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card

second, due to portability reasons i would like to use this case to build it

if the case i want does not make possible to use the three previous parts the i would like you help me find the smallest case possible to fit the parts

i know i need 8gb ram at least and a 250gb ssd but i haven't choose them yet

I don't need mouse, keyboard, monitor or os.

I don't know whatelse i need to complete the built so i really hope that you could help me

my goal is to be able to play the witcher 3 with max setting without lag and to have a good portability of the machine

of course the more money I can save, the better it is, but not budget limitations

Thank you guys

Same question whenever I'm seeing a Mini ITX build ... do you have any reason to have to go with one? it will restrict the space -> no fullsize GPU as well as airflow, which is not really good.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

You're going to have to find a much larger case if you want to run a full sized graphics card.

Also the 120w power supply in that case doesn't meet half the power requirements of the graphics card alone..

Why 780 Ti and not the 980?

thanks for the answer ... because i thought the 780 ti was better

Same question whenever I'm seeing a Mini ITX build ... do you have any reason to have to go with one? it will restrict the space -> no fullsize GPU as well as airflow, which is not really good.

There are several ITX cases that allow for full sized graphics cards as well as having good air flow.

It might be a bit cheaper, but the 980 has a slight advantage in almost every way as well as using a lot less power.

Depending on what case you end up getting, for example if it uses an SFX power supply, this could be a huge advantage.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The they perform about the same, but the 980 cost less and use less electricity. so go with 980 instead

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

thank you everybody for the answers ..

I really appreaciate you help...

So what case do you suggest? And what parts?

Ok i'll go with the gtx 980

@Vacsol On cpu boss the comparison shows that the i7 4790K is better than i5 4690k in everything .. Also i would use it for video editing and music production

@Megazero I would prefer a mini ixt because i travel a lot and i need something that i coul easily transport..

thank you everybody for the answers ..

I really appreaciate you help...

So what case do you suggest? And what parts?

Ok i'll go with the gtx 980

@Vacsol On cpu boss the comparison shows that the i7 4790K is better than i5 4690k in everything .. Also i would use it for video editing and music production

@Megazero I would prefer a mini ixt because i travel a lot and i need something that i coul easily transport..

Then a Laptop is more suitable for you. Since if you go with desktop you need to carry around the monitor etc anyway

Or, the new ASUS G20 desktop might be a good choice for you. It's a prebuild PC, but it use an i5 or i7 4770k depend on your choice + GTX 780 in a very small case. 

If you want a full normal desktop though, the smallest I think we can do is the bitfenix prodigy, but that is still quite big, is it ok?

Then a Laptop is more suitable for you. Since if you go with desktop you need to carry around the monitor etc anyway

Or, the new ASUS G20 desktop might be a good choice for you. It's a prebuild PC, but it use an i5 or i7 4770k depend on your choice + GTX 780 in a very small case. 

If you want a full normal desktop though, the smallest I think we can do is the bitfenix prodigy, but that is still quite big, is it ok?

Thank you for the answer .. the asus g20 would be a nice solution but it's not out yet and I think the price will be very high .. I already have a laptop (lenovo y50)

But I think I've come up with a solution ..

The case would be the EVGA hardon Air .. it has a 500W custom power supply .. I will not overclock it so that should be enough ... i watched a lot a review and build on youtube and I am sure that I can mount on it the ASUS VI maximus impact and the gtx 980 (with a little bit of effort though) ...

so would you please help me choose the remaining components? on pcpartpicker I saw a lot of gtx 980 and I dont know what to choose ...

i picked th gigabyte for now ..

I would like to have 16 gb of ram a 250gb ssd and 1T hdd but I don't know what to choose ... also I miss the cpu cooler

So for now I have this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WpZdMp

Iwoul like you to tell me if those parts are good

thank you guys !!!

Thank you for the answer .. the asus g20 would be a nice solution but it's not out yet and I think the price will be very high .. I already have a laptop (lenovo y50)

But I think I've come up with a solution ..

The case would be the EVGA hardon Air .. it has a 500W custom power supply .. I will not overclock it so that should be enough ... i watched a lot a review and build on youtube and I am sure that I can mount on it the ASUS VI maximus impact and the gtx 980 (with a little bit of effort though) ...

so would you please help me choose the remaining components? on pcpartpicker I saw a lot of gtx 980 and I dont know what to choose ...

i picked th gigabyte for now ..

I would like to have 16 gb of ram a 250gb ssd and 1T hdd but I don't know what to choose ... also I miss the cpu cooler

So for now I have this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WpZdMp

Iwoul like you to tell me if those parts are good

thank you guys !!!

Those parts look good to me

The G20 rumored price is 1600$, but rumor is rumor after all :P MSI GS30 is also an interesting concept, but still not available too

Those parts look good to me

The G20 rumored price is 1600$, but rumor is rumor after all :P MSI GS30 is also an interesting concept, but still not available too

thanks and what about the cpu cooler?

thanks and what about the cpu cooler?

This depend on what you do. If you do no to mild overclock, a Hyper 212 EVO is fine. If you OC more, Dark Rock Pro 3 or some AIO Watercooler lik H110 or X61~