Need a New Laptop For College

DarrenP

Hey guys, 

As some of you know i'm in grade 12... College is soon coming. So i need a new laptop for the program i want to take. I'm looking for suggestions on a laptop. Here are the required specifications as laid out by the program:

MINIMUM RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
  • Intel I7 processor with chipset that must support Intel Virtualization Technology
  • 8 GB of ram (16 GB preferred)
  • 1 TB hard drive
  • CDRW/DVDRW combo drive
  • 10/100 Auto Sensing Network Card
  • 10/100 A/G/N Standard card (one of these standards will suffice)
  • Discrete Video Chipset 256 MB or Shared 512 MB
  • One USB 3.0 port (two preferred)
SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
  • Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit or Windows 8
  • Microsoft Office 2010 or Office 2013. In either case look for a version that includes Access, (student license).

I'm going to be switching the 1TB HDD needed to a 1TB SSD, I want 16GB of RAM, DVD Drive doesn't matter, I have multiple externals, and I also have Office 365. So All i need it to come with for software is an OS.

I'd prefer to spend $2000 CAD or less on this laptop. 

Thanks. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

How about this:

There is a Thinkpad Edge E540 with an i7, 8GB of RAM and a pretty sweet price tag but I can't find it anywhere outside of europe...

Hey guys, 

As some of you know i'm in grade 12... College is soon coming. So i need a new laptop for the program i want to take. I'm looking for suggestions on a laptop. Here are the required specifications as laid out by the program:

MINIMUM RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
  • Intel I7 processor with chipset that must support Intel Virtualization Technology
  • 8 GB of ram (16 GB preferred)
  • 1 TB hard drive
  • CDRW/DVDRW combo drive
  • 10/100 Auto Sensing Network Card
  • 10/100 A/G/N Standard card (one of these standards will suffice)
  • Discrete Video Chipset 256 MB or Shared 512 MB
  • One USB 3.0 port (two preferred)
SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
  • Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit or Windows 8
  • Microsoft Office 2010 or Office 2013. In either case look for a version that includes Access, (student license).

I'm going to be switching the 1TB HDD needed to a 1TB SSD, I want 16GB of RAM, DVD Drive doesn't matter, I have multiple externals, and I also have Office 365. So All i need it to come with for software is an OS.

I'd prefer to spend $2000 CAD or less on this laptop. 

Thanks. 

Why not look at some of the Asus gamer "notebooks" Linus brags about the ones they use on the WAN show all the time, and they're in your range.

why go to college when you can go work at little baby's ice cream! :o

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)