Am I a homophobe?

JigglyPufflez

No offense bro but this is a tech forum.......

Almost sounds like you're the homophobe.  :lol:

It's general/off topic.

I myself am naturally Bisexual, I am male, but i oppose certain types of gays.

I cannot stand gays who act and behave is a matter that is feminine, i use the prerogative term for those gays due to i believe it defeats the purpose of being gay/bi. if you like men, you should be a man, not act like a woman. sorry if this offends some people out there. but its my personal opinion, I'm not asking for you to agree with it or even accept it. :P

Many gay men have a feminine personality. They can essentially be the equivalent of a heterosexual female living in a male body, so I don't see how if you "like men, you should be a man".

<p>I had a friend who told me he was uncomfortable when he discovered this guy we knew was gay because he thought for some reason this guy would suddenly try to come onto him or something, but when I pointed out he didn't assume every woman he met would be interested in him simply because they were heterosexual, he seemed to become far more relaxed about it. I'm not sure if that's part of your thought-process at all, but I figured I'd mention it. Chances are there's some preconception that's making you treat this person as "omg gay person" rather than just a regular guy. You only need to remember that we're all just...people.

Exactly, I think a lot of it has to do with the fear of losing one's reputation by being perceived as gay.

Don't worry about it man, it's human nature to act differently when unsure of something or knowingly witnessing something for the first time. You probably would have acted the same way if you had just seen a girl for the first time.

Just remember we're all people and we all have feelings.

Try to put yourself in the other persons shoes: If someone was acting nervous around you would that make you feel weird?

I have a friend who is gay gay and he's a really nice person, so there's nothing to be worried about.

Just be cool man.

This topic might get locked because of the wording of the title.

Best response. Don't stress dude and seriously don't go to the school captain, you will be making a big deal out of nothing and probably make yourself even more uncomfortable.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I had a friend who told me he was uncomfortable when he discovered this guy we knew was gay because he thought for some reason this guy would suddenly try to come onto him or something, but when I pointed out he didn't assume every woman he met would be interested in him simply because they were heterosexual, he seemed to become far more relaxed about it. I'm not sure if that's part of your thought-process at all, but I figured I'd mention it. Chances are there's some preconception that's making you treat this person as "omg gay person" rather than just a regular guy. You only need to remember that we're all just...people.

that seems like a really good idea, im not sure really now what i was thinking, i cannot really recall if i was fearing him trying to "hit on me" but umm i really like this idea, ill be sure to give a bit more thought to it later thank you :D

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Best response. Don't stress dude and seriously don't go to the school captain, you will be making a big deal out of nothing and probably make yourself even more uncomfortable.

eh yer i might not go to the school captain but maybe the school counselor.

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

You most definitely should question it because:

1.every religion is just an organized superstition, it has no basis in fact, reason, or evidence, its only basis is childhood indotrination, if you lived somewhere else you would believe in a completely different superstition because your parents and environment would make it so, this is called tradition.

2.every religion is incoherent internally contradictory nonsense produced by ancient ignoramuses who tried to explain the world around them. Basically if something is ancient it means it's more magical, and obviously impossible events are more plausible because...you know, it's ancienty.

Try reading these books:

1.God: The Failed Hypothesis. How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist, V.Stenger(physicist)

2.Religion Explained, P.Boyer(cognitive anthropologist)

3.Why We Believe in God(s): A Concise Guide to the Science of Faith, A.Thomson(psychiatrist)

4.The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails, Loftus, Barker(ex life time priests)

You can start with the 4th one, since christian superstition is closest to you.

This is your biggest problem, not homophobia, you have to undo the damage your parents did first.

Oh man, I've been wanting to make a post like this for a long time. You worded that perfectly, my friend. [refer to my avatar]

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Gays piss me off most of the time thinkin that there the shit and they way they talk but so gays arnt that bad.Most of the time there looking for attention imo . Thats my opinion im pretty well hitler tho lol

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

No offense bro but this is a tech forum.......

And this is in the off-topic section.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I am 14 years old (year 9), and yesterday as i with my group of friends in school a year 11 who was gay approached us, i did not know him at all but my friends told me he was gay as he walked towards us, as he eventually got to us for some reason i felt a bit uncomfortable, i had no idea what came over me. I did not hate the guy at all he seemed completely fine and was cool, he did not really talk to me or any of us, just said hi and walked off. But my friends notice i was getting a bit uncomfortable and nervous, i was sitting awkwardly they said, i don't actually recall what i was doing but i do know that i was uncomfortable, they then said that i was a homophobe and said some mean stuff to me, i tried explaining to them that it was the first gay person who has ever come that close to me. But i was thinking about it again and i may think i was just a bit uncomfortable because it was the first time i have been that close to a gay person, conscious he was gay. But i mean i dont hate the guy, i dont think he is should die because he is gay or anything like that, but for some reason he just made me feel uncomfortable. Am I a homophobe? I really dont want to be because i like my friends and they completely support gays, and i do to i dont mind if a gay couple get married fine with me, but i am still clueless as to why i was uncomfortable around that gay boy who came to my group. Can you tell me if i am a homophobe? and maybe why i felt uncomfortable? like i said before this was the closest i have been to a gay person and knowing that he was gay. maybe dont try and say hate towards me as i am young and most likely when i grow will encounter more gay people and things might change, but i sure do want to get a better understanding of why i was uncomfortable around this gay person. any ideas are appreciated :D also i do not mean to offend anyone if you are offended and want me to take this topic down that is fine.

Sometimes when stuff like this happens you might actually be gay and there is nothing wrong with that. It's like the first time a really hot girl walks up to you you might get nervous. I am not saying you are gay but there might be a possibility.

I am 14 years old (year 9), and yesterday as i with my group of friends in school a year 11 who was gay approached us, i did not know him at all but my friends told me he was gay as he walked towards us, as he eventually got to us for some reason i felt a bit uncomfortable, i had no idea what came over me. I did not hate the guy at all he seemed completely fine and was cool, he did not really talk to me or any of us, just said hi and walked off. But my friends notice i was getting a bit uncomfortable and nervous, i was sitting awkwardly they said, i don't actually recall what i was doing but i do know that i was uncomfortable, they then said that i was a homophobe and said some mean stuff to me, i tried explaining to them that it was the first gay person who has ever come that close to me. But i was thinking about it again and i may think i was just a bit uncomfortable because it was the first time i have been that close to a gay person, conscious he was gay. But i mean i dont hate the guy, i dont think he is should die because he is gay or anything like that, but for some reason he just made me feel uncomfortable. Am I a homophobe? I really dont want to be because i like my friends and they completely support gays, and i do to i dont mind if a gay couple get married fine with me, but i am still clueless as to why i was uncomfortable around that gay boy who came to my group. Can you tell me if i am a homophobe? and maybe why i felt uncomfortable? like i said before this was the closest i have been to a gay person and knowing that he was gay. maybe dont try and say hate towards me as i am young and most likely when i grow will encounter more gay people and things might change, but i sure do want to get a better understanding of why i was uncomfortable around this gay person. any ideas are appreciated :D also i do not mean to offend anyone if you are offended and want me to take this topic down that is fine.

I wouldn't say you're homophobic as I was like that around your age give or take, I've heard of a homosexual but thought they were aliens or something (when you're 12 you don't really understand or I didn't at least) and didn't know how to take it, what to do or say so I felt arkward and nervous, I've since grown out of that lol

Also the definition to homophobia is basically any negative feelings or thoughts towards gay people, you being nervous doesn't to me sound negative, I can go on with the definition but in a nutshell it's that.

But then again I'm no expert

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Dude, you're not a homphobe. This is what I dislike about how everyone and everything markets homophobia (god, I hate that word) as a disease.

Everyone is afraid of being a homophobe, and it's disgusting. In a newspaper recently I read a funny anecdote about a guy who was afraid of going to a public beach because there might be topless children and he was afraid of being called a pedophile for being there, while of course he's not a pedo.

The OP is quite the perfect example of this.

Seriously don't go to your school counselor or w/e, it's completely fine to feel weird. I did too at first a couple of years ago. I have four gay friends two of which are partners and it's all cool.

That said, I hate it when gay people give outrageous gay parties and w/e in which everything is three times as gay as normal (gay pride). I'm not giving ridiculous parties because I'm straight either am I? I believe this kind of stuff is the source of a lot of hatred against gays. They want acceptance as normal people, but at the same time they feel they are different and they isolate themselves with these kinds of parties.. I find it weird.

I had a friend who told me he was uncomfortable when he discovered this guy we knew was gay because he thought for some reason this guy would suddenly try to come onto him or something, but when I pointed out he didn't assume every woman he met would be interested in him simply because they were heterosexual, he seemed to become far more relaxed about it. I'm not sure if that's part of your thought-process at all, but I figured I'd mention it. Chances are there's some preconception that's making you treat this person as "omg gay person" rather than just a regular guy. You only need to remember that we're all just...people.

Yea i have a feeling this is something to do with it. 

Anyway i'm gay myself and i wouldn't call you a homophobe. I've seen this happen all the time, people tended to act a little awkward around me after finding out that i was gay, they got over themselves after establishing that i was the exact same as a straight guy.... or that I didn't  want their  D.

Why did you feel uncomfortable? Were you afraid he was going to come on to you or something? When you see a girl do you think they're going to come on to you?

They're just people like anyone else who are attracted to the same sex.

If you were a homophobic I hardly think you'd feel guilty for being uncomfortable. It's a clear sign that you are indeed not a homophobe.

Being uncomfortable isn't a crime, you don't hate gays, you said so yourself. Ergo, not a homophobe.

You're not homophobe, I kinda feel that way too arround gay people,(and I don't know why, probably because of all the prejudices

I heard) just don't think about his sexual orientation and you'll be fine. If you were an homophobe, you would have hated him for that.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

You aren't a homophobe. It was just your first time being around a gay guy and you didn't know what to expect. I know in my youth that my perception of gay people was very obscure.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

if you have to ask....

Do you live in America? Move -> problem solved.

but i think that you are gay, too, considering your "feelings"

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvxe04wGmTw

its natural to be surprised or caught off guard when you encounter new things. as a kid I was pretty anti-gay but as I grew up I had gay friends, they even took me to gay bars and stuff. that said I find myself doing the moley moley moley thing when I see a tranny. I don't want to stare but I find myself struggling to not search and stare at the adams apple etc. 

if you have to ask....

Ill finish it for you, "it probably means you arent homophobe". Asking about something means you are selfconcious about a possible uncomfortable feeling and willing to change that same feeling. (same when you ask questions in classes, you want to learn and improve even if it might be seen as stupid from other people) As some have said before, homophobia would involve hate. You are fine.

eh yer i might not go to the school captain but maybe the school counselor.

Seriously man? Don't waste your time, you're fine. All this discussion and hype is going to come to mind next time you run into a gay and your going to be even more uncomfortable. And how are you going to explain that to your buddies? "You wont see me at recess because I have to see a councilor about having a close encounter with a gay"?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

So I am not a homophobe because i dont show any hate to gay people alright that makes more sense, however i just need to get used to the fact that they're gay people? is that what you guys are trying to say?

So I am not a homophobe because i dont show any hate to gay people alright that makes more sense, however i just need to get used to the fact that they're gay people? is that what you guys are trying to say?

Yea mate, there was no malitious intent. Don't dwell on it too much, you'll be fine in a bit of time.

Also Melbourne represent!