Ducky 1087 Mechanical Keyboard

Alright well I would like to start off saying that a person's preferred type of switch varies. I, myself, prefer blues. Okay, now to the review.

One point in my life, A time came where I was fed up with membrane keyboards. They were horrible, not reliable, and really, really, SUCKED. So I saved up and got a Razer Blackwidow. It was my favorite keyboard, EVER. Blue backlighting, really nice switches, and cmon, it looked so good when paired with my mouse (which died as well). Now, one day, it stops working. It was cool and all, but I needed a change. So I ordered this Ducky. 

NOW LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT. THIS IS NOT AT ALL THE BEST KEYBOARD IN THE WORLD. NOT EVEN CLOSE. 

What attracted this keyboard to me was the price: 35 dollars. 45 shipped. This is without a doubt the best 45 dollars I have ever spent period. 

What's Included: Keyboard itself, cable, warranty thingy in Chinese.

THIS KEYBOARD IS FULLY MECHANICAL.

The keyboard uses ALPS Green (no, not Cherry) switches. There is tactile feedback, almost as much as a blue. There is the signature "clicky" noise. IT is really loud, so if you're into that kind of thing, it's there. It is Tenkeyless, and has no media keys or macros, or whatever. It has both Chinese and English text on the keys. I do not know if the keys can be changed or not.
MY WPM jumped up my when i upgraded from my membrane to this during the short period of time I was using my membrane keyboard. 

The keyboard itself has two LED backlit buttons, CAPS lock and NUM lock. They are a very nice blue. IT is built with the quality that Ducky is known for, NO FLEX. The Keys are rated for something like 20,000,000 bearing life. The keycaps are engraved. On the underside of the keybaord we find 4 non slip rubber grips and two stands. there are no grips on the stands. 

IT is about 13 inches long and about 1 inch tall at it's tallest.  It is connected via USB, and the wire is about 5 feet long. 

It was shipped from China and arrived in one day, however, customs held it for 3 days. 

IF you are interested in this keyboard, it is available here. http://www.pchomeus.com/product/P01900055KL?category=000DY2&from_pos=F0060300_15_1  

Some pictures are available here : http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/Ara_Sarkisyan/library/?sort=3&page=1

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I can't believe it's $45 shipped!

I thought it was too good to be true, but seriously, it's amazing. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Like you'd said, it's using ALPS, not Cherry switches, but it's still amazing value.....and it's a Ducky! IMO, leave the key caps as it is, don't bother changing them for alphabets keys only, I think the alphanumeric + Chinese characters lend it some character, makes it stand out from the usual KB with just alphanumeric symbols. Nice write up and pics btw.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

nice find!

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Like you'd said, it's using ALPS, not Cherry switches, but it's still amazing value.....and it's a Ducky! IMO, leave the key caps as it is, don't bother changing them for alphabets keys only, I think the alphanumeric + Chinese characters lend it some character, makes it stand out from the usual KB with just alphanumeric symbols. Nice write up and pics btw.....

Thanks, my first review. 

sorry for the bump, but just got this keyboard and I thought I would share my experience with the switches so far. I haven't been using this keyboard very long, but the switches... interesting. The actuation point is very high and I'm not used to this and find myself bottoming out a lot. Aside from that they are very light, so I have been trying to be more gentle (which is very hard for me, especially when gaming), but when I do this some keys will be pressed multiple times because of the height of the actuation point, and the time my fingers stay on each key. I didn't expect anything amazing from a $45 keyboard, but I do think it's worth the $45, especially if you are new to mechanicals. 

Edit: The i key seems to be one of the worst about delivering multiple keys when typing light

Just to add on the caps lock is linear and much heavier, which I prefer to an extent. I don't find myself bottoming out with the caps key at all really, if someone had the time a spring change would really improve these keys, in my opinion. 

the only grip i would have is the limited 6 key roll over on usb2. yes you can use the ps2 connector to get full Nkrol but not every motherboard sports ps2 now... so it can be potentially limiting if you done just play fps games.

cant fault there build quality though and the alps switches are actually quite nice. personally im not a fan of tactile keyboards as mechanical switches are noisy enough with out you adding a click to the clack.

currently its out of stock on amazon uk but if you have a chance at 1 for the money its a worthy contender for entry level mechanical keyboards if you have a ps2 socket. if you dont i would say keep yer money till you can afford a keyboard that has full nkroll over usb2.

after all whats the point of having all the bells and whistles i your keyboard stops registering keys while your playing.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

the only grip i would have is the limited 6 key roll over on usb2. yes you can use the ps2 connector to get full Nkrol but not every motherboard sports ps2 now... so it can be potentially limiting if you done just play fps games.

cant fault there build quality though and the alps switches are actually quite nice. personally im not a fan of tactile keyboards as mechanical switches are noisy enough with out you adding a click to the clack.

currently its out of stock on amazon uk but if you have a chance at 1 for the money its a worthy contender for entry level mechanical keyboards if you have a ps2 socket. if you dont i would say keep yer money till you can afford a keyboard that has full nkroll over usb2.

after all whats the point of having all the bells and whistles i your keyboard stops registering keys while your playing.

sorry for the bump, but just got this keyboard and I thought I would share my experience with the switches so far. I haven't been using this keyboard very long, but the switches... interesting. The actuation point is very high and I'm not used to this and find myself bottoming out a lot. Aside from that they are very light, so I have been trying to be more gentle (which is very hard for me, especially when gaming), but when I do this some keys will be pressed multiple times because of the height of the actuation point, and the time my fingers stay on each key. I didn't expect anything amazing from a $45 keyboard, but I do think it's worth the $45, especially if you are new to mechanicals. 

Edit: The i key seems to be one of the worst about delivering multiple keys when typing light

They also have a ALPS black switch, which might suit you better.

I know they have one, but it's linear, and I like my click.

• 2 weeks later...