First liquid cooling system #help #part list

The-youri
Go to solution Solved by Brawly,

After looking some stuff up, it appears that you might be able to fit two 240's in an Air 240. If that's the case (badum ts), I'd go for that if you're gonna be watercooling the components you say you are. Alphacool and Phobya are some good (if not some of the best) radiator brands that first come to mind, since they're all copper (G-Changer 2.0 is anyway) and that'll give you a few degrees C lower in temps. I don't have a problem with the colored coolant (Though Mayhems Pastel does have some perks over what you chose), just be sure to maintain your loop and don't let it go too long without you going in and cleaning it out, which is where that bleed valve is gonna come in handy as mentioned in the post above me. If you feel like you wouldn't be able to do that though, Primochill makes nice colored tubing (UV too) that could sub in for the colored coolant. If you can go with compression fittings everywhere, that wouldn't be a bad choice, and it'd look nicer too. Especially with the mix of barbs and compressions you have now. As far as fittings go, you'd need 8 with one rad and 10 with two. You could probably get away with saving some money and getting barbs for the components that won't be seen through the window and zip-tying the tubing on to insure a nice fit, but I don't see why you wouldn't want everyone seeing your shiny watercooling build. Good luck bro, everything else looks good.

Hi , 

so im planning my first liquid system .

my pc components 

MOBO : msi z97m 

CPU : intel core i7 4790k

RAM : 16gb kingston hyper x 1866

PSU : 630w bequiet Pure Power

GPU : r9 290 reference

HDD : 1x 1TB 1x 500GB

SSD : kingston hyper x

Case : (soon) corsair air 240

so this is my part list for the liquid cooling 

but do i also need fittings for the pump/res ? 

do i need fittings for the gpu block,

and what sort fittings do i need for the gpu block

and do you guys have any suggestions ?

and do i have the right parts  ? 

thnx ,

ek-superemacy-clean-csq_np_front_800.jpg
EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Nickel delete_product.gif

CODE: 990822 - SKU: 3830046990822 - EAN: 3830046990822

0.gif
Aantal:  x 66,95  =   133,90

Klik hier voor meer details

product_image_1183_3723.jpg
MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Radiator delete_product.gif

CODE: LC-RADI240 - SKU: LC-RADI240

3.gif
Aantal:  x 35,95  =   35,95

ek-d5-x-res100csqp-1_800.jpg
EK-D5 Vario X-RES 100 incl. pump delete_product.gif

CODE: 842782 - SKU: 3831109842782 - EAN: 3831109842782

3.gif
Aantal:  x 126,95  =   126,95

fc-r9-290x_ca_front_800.jpg
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal [Rev.2.0] delete_product.gif

CODE: 869017 - SKU: 3831109869017 - EAN: 3831109869017

8.gif
Aantal:  x 94,95  =   94,95

product_image_37_114.jpg
Masterkleer - HighFlow - 1/2 ID - 17.4mm OD - Clear delete_product.gif

CODE: 59011

9.gif
Aantal:  x 4,05  =   4,05

product_image_2379_6958.jpg
Aqua-Computer Double Protect Ultra - Orange 1000ml delete_product.gif

CODE: 53117 - SKU: 53117

3.gif
Aantal:  x 8,95  =   8,95

fit-l13x19-bk_p1-700x700.jpg
13mm (1/2 ID - 3/4 OD) Koolance Schroeffitting 90 graden - G1/4 - Black - FIT-L13X19-BK delete_product.gif

CODE: FIT-L13X19-BK - SKU: FIT-L13X19-BK

9.gif
Aantal:  x 8,95  =   17,90

product_image_1290_4016.jpg
13MM (1/2) Koolance High Flow Fitting - G1/4 Paar (2 stuks+slangklemmen) delete_product.gif

CODE: NZL-V13KGB - SKU: NZL-V13KGB

9.gif
Aantal:  x 9,64  =   9,64

Changed the fit-l13x19-bk_p1-700x700.jpg

13mm (1/2 ID - 3/4 OD) Koolance Schroeffitting 90 graden - G1/4 - Black - FIT-L13X19-BK delete_product.gif

CODE: FIT-L13X19-BK - SKU: FIT-L13X19-BK

9.gif
Aantal:  x 8,95  =   17,90

with these 2x 

product_image_3608_9580.jpg

13MM (1/2 ID - 3/4 OD) Bitspower Schroeffitting 90 graden Rotary - G1/4 Matt Black BP-MB90R2LCPF-CC5 delete_product.gif

CODE: BP-MB90R2LCPF-CC5 - SKU: BP-MB90R2LCPF-CC5 - EAN: 47119467425264

9.gif
Aantal:  x 20,95  =   20,95
Edited by The-youri

so this is my part list for the liquid cooling 

but do i also need fittings for the pump/res ? 

do i need fittings for the gpu block,

and what sort fittings do i need for the gpu block

and do you guys have any suggestions ?

and do i have the right parts  ? 

thnx 

The general rule is 2 fittings per component. IN and OUT. CPU + GPU + Pump/res (yes you need fittings for it) + Rad(s) = 4 or 5 (extra rad) x 2 = 10 fittings.

Bitspower compression fititngs is a good way to go. All your fittings will need to be the same size as your tubing, 1/2 ID 3/4 OD and the threads need to be G1/4 which is pretty much standard. If they're too expensive for your taste, give Monsoon, EK or Koolance fittings a look.

If you're expecting decent temps, a single 240 rad isn't enough for an OC'ed 4790K and R9 290. You need at least a thick 360, 420 or 480.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

The general rule is 2 fittings per component. IN and OUT. CPU + GPU + Pump/res (yes you need fittings for it) + Rad(s) = 4 or 5 (extra rad) x 2 = 10 fittings.

Bitspower compression fititngs is a good way to go. All your fittings will need to be the same size as your tubing, 1/2 ID 3/4 OD and the threads need to be G1/4 which is pretty much standard. If they're too expensive for your taste, give Monsoon, EK or Koolance fittings a look.

If you're expecting decent temps, a single 240 rad isn't enough for an OC'ed 4790K and R9 290. You need at least a thick 360, 420 or 480.

and with 4 fans installed ? 

there is not much room in the corsair air 240 

and what if i picked a thick 240 rad ? 

thnx for the advice ! 

and with 4 fans installed ? 

there is not much room in the corsair air 240 

and what if i picked a thick 240 rad ? 

thnx for the advice ! 

Not sure you can fit a thick 240 in the 240 AIR. I'm afraid you might have to reconsider the case or just going with WC for the CPU and air cooling the GPU. 

Push/pull won't help much. You'd be looking at dissipating a max TDP of about 400W with a rad that can dissipate about 120W with fans at 1400RPM. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Not sure you can fit a thick 240 in the 240 AIR. I'm afraid you might have to reconsider the case or just going with WC for the CPU and air cooling the GPU. 

Push/pull won't help much. You'd be looking at dissipating a max TDP of about 400W with a rad that can dissipate about 120W with fans at 1400RPM. 

thnx for your information i might reconsider a other case .

Since you have a reference 290, I would suggest you try your best to watercool that over the cpu, because i've noticed that those reference coolers get really loud, and there are low cost quiet air cpu coolers, like the cm hyper 212 evo

An option with the fluid and tubing is to run Primochill coloured tubing with just distilled water and a kill coil (silver coil) or PT nuke. For my first watercooling build thats what i did and ive never had a problem with build up from coloured coolants or my cpu and gpu blocks staining from the coolant. Have you considered having a alphacool radiator instead of the Magicool? Dont forget to get extra fluid cause the last thing you need is to be filling up your loop and you  havent got enough to finish the job.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

You have to Do planning and look at some similar case builds. you will end up discovering you need a 90deg here and a 45 deg adapter there that will help you route your soft tubing better. also Use primochill advanced LTR tubing as they have very low corrosion in their walls that will end up not glunking in any fins in any block.. also have a look at Mayhems coolants they are pretty amazing and very well priced. just dont get the aurora as it's a display/convention only kind of coolant. 

Also having a drain valve at some where in your loop makes it very easy to maintain. although it costs around 30$ more for the valve an a T and adapter.. it's worth every penny.

After looking some stuff up, it appears that you might be able to fit two 240's in an Air 240. If that's the case (badum ts), I'd go for that if you're gonna be watercooling the components you say you are. Alphacool and Phobya are some good (if not some of the best) radiator brands that first come to mind, since they're all copper (G-Changer 2.0 is anyway) and that'll give you a few degrees C lower in temps. I don't have a problem with the colored coolant (Though Mayhems Pastel does have some perks over what you chose), just be sure to maintain your loop and don't let it go too long without you going in and cleaning it out, which is where that bleed valve is gonna come in handy as mentioned in the post above me. If you feel like you wouldn't be able to do that though, Primochill makes nice colored tubing (UV too) that could sub in for the colored coolant. If you can go with compression fittings everywhere, that wouldn't be a bad choice, and it'd look nicer too. Especially with the mix of barbs and compressions you have now. As far as fittings go, you'd need 8 with one rad and 10 with two. You could probably get away with saving some money and getting barbs for the components that won't be seen through the window and zip-tying the tubing on to insure a nice fit, but I don't see why you wouldn't want everyone seeing your shiny watercooling build. Good luck bro, everything else looks good.