I've got an idea!

aduman

Hi fellows! I was reading some articles regarding water-cooling and I stumbled upon this one:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1406363/beginners-guide-for-water-cooling-2013

First of all thanks to the author for this well written article! I've got an idea from the kit recommendations section. I'm currently short on the money side but I want to get into this as soon as possible so I'll first switch from AIO to a custom loop on my CPU. Then add more rads and blocks to my GPUs and end up with a sweet loop! :)

What do you think about this idea? If you think it's a good one, could you please suggest me a nice 360mm kit?

The reason I want a custom loop so much is I want to get every bit of performance from my GPUs, which have the potential to rock my world! :D

Thank you for your help! :)

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

im 99% sure that you can already OC your gpu until it becomes unstable without temps becoming a problem.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Hi fellows! I was reading some articles regarding water-cooling and I stumbled upon this one:

First of all thanks to the author for this well written article! I've got an idea from the kit recommendations section. I'm currently short on the money side but I want to get into this as soon as possible so I'll first switch from AIO to a custom loop on my CPU. Then add more rads and blocks to my GPUs and end up with a sweet loop! :)

What do you think about this idea? If you think it's a good one, could you please suggest me a nice 360mm kit?

The reason I want a custom loop so much is I want to get every bit of performance from my GPUs, which have the potential to rock my world! :D

EK X360 Kit

or 

Alphacool Cool Answer NexXxos 360 D5/UT

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I'm getting an idea also but i plan on waiting for when pascal comes out

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

im 99% sure that you can already OC your gpu until it becomes unstable without temps becoming a problem.

Hmm... Wouldn't two of them create loads of heat?

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Hmm... Wouldn't two of them create loads of heat?

depends on your cases ventilation i guess, but with your SLI it might be a good idea to do, but first i would try to OC them and see how they truly do, because not all cards OC good. then sure go right ahead, tho remember that if you take too long your gpus might be a little old or other parts needs to be replaced :) its the bad part of doing things in pieces

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

depends on your cases ventilation i guess, but with your SLI it might be a good idea to do, but first i would try to OC them and see how they truly do, because not all cards OC good. then sure go right ahead, tho remember that if you take too long your gpus might be a little old or other parts needs to be replaced :) its the bad part of doing things in pieces

Yeah, I already considered that. Thanks for the heads-up! Case is good on the ventilation side and the gpus should over clock nicely, I mean they are classifieds for a reason. :D

Regardin parts getting old issue, adding the gpus to the loop later can help with that I guess. I still have the step-up option and counting on it.

Any suggestions for a kit? :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

EK X360 Kit

or 

Alphacool Cool Answer NexXxos 360 D5/UT

Thanks for the suggestions. I've just watched jayztwocents recent vid regarding the EK kit and damn dat radiator is huge! But I'm pretty sure my case can handle the size. Price seems a bit too much though. Alphacool kit looks better for me.

Are the pumps on these kits strong enough to move the water when I add the gpu blocks?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for the suggestions. I've just watched jayztwocents recent vid regarding the EK kit and damn dat radiator is huge! But I'm pretty sure my case can handle the size. Price seems a bit too much though. Alphacool kit looks better for me.

Are the pumps on these kits strong enough to move the water when I add the gpu blocks?

The Alphacool kit comes with a D5, one of the most powerful pumps out there. It's more than enough for your needs.

The Alphacool kit comes with a D5, one of the most powerful pumps out there. It's more than enough for your needs.

Thanks for clearing that out. Why is the EK one much more expensive? Is it because of the rad? Would it be a good move if I picked it over the Alphacool kit you mentioned?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for clearing that out. Why is the EK one much more expensive? Is it because of the rad? Would it be a good move if I picked it over the Alphacool kit you mentioned?

Probably just because they can. The Alphacool kit is in many ways superior. It comes with Noiseblocker E-loop fans, the UT60 performs just as well or even slightly better than the XTX included in the EK kit. The EK comes with a 3.2 DDC pump which isn't bad but the D5 is better.

Only things that the EK kit has that one could prefer over the Alphacool kit are the Primochill tubing (you can just buy this if you want), a IMO better looking waterblock and a tube res.

I'd say get the Alphacool kit and add another 360 or 420 UT60 when you add the GPU blocks. 

Probably just because they can. The Alphacool kit is in many ways superior. It comes with Noiseblocker E-loop fans, the UT60 performs just as well or even slightly better than the XTX included in the EK kit. The EK comes with a 3.2 DDC pump which isn't bad but the D5 is better.

Only things that the EK kit has that one could prefer over the Alphacool kit are the Primochill tubing (you can just buy this if you want), a IMO better looking waterblock and a tube res.

E-loop fans are enough to just pick the Alphacool over EK imo. Res and tubing can be bought separately anyway, or I can just keep the res and get Primochill tubing. :) What about the coolant? Should I simply use distilled water combined with coloured tubing?

Spoiler

Spoiler

E-loop fans are enough to just pick the Alphacool over EK imo. Res and tubing can be bought separately anyway, or I can just keep the res and get Primochill tubing. :) What about the coolant? Should I simply use distilled water combined with coloured tubing?

You can keep the res, sure. Personally, I prefer tube reservoirs (they're so much easier to fill, bleed etc.). 

Distilled water and a biocide with colored tubing would be fine.

If you want colored coolant, Mayhems X-1 or Pastel.

depends on your cases ventilation i guess, but with your SLI it might be a good idea to do, but first i would try to OC them and see how they truly do,

He's probably crossfiring and running AMD if he needs water cooling for his GPUs. Not that it makes a difference I don't think

Part of the Q6600 club

You can keep the res, sure. Personally, I prefer tube reservoirs (they're so much easier to fill, bleed etc.). 

Distilled water and a biocide with colored tubing would be fine.

If you want colored coolant, Mayhems X-1 or Pastel.

Thanks again, it seems like I'm actually going to do this! :) Alphacool kit is so nice for that price. I'd really appreciate it if you could suggest some other kits too. I'd like to compare them and reach to a conclusion.

Spoiler

Spoiler

He's probably crossfiring and running AMD if he needs water cooling for his GPUs. Not that it makes a difference I don't think

The build is in my sig. I hate posting threads without letting the community know about my build.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks again, it seems like I'm actually going to do this! :) Alphacool kit is so nice for that price. I'd really appreciate it if you could suggest some other kits too. I'd like to compare them and reach to a conclusion.

You're welcome. :)

XSPC: http://www.xs-pc.com/watercooling-kits/raystorm-d5-photon-rx360-v3-watercooling-kit (they also have similar kits for their EX and AX series rads but those are high fpi)

There are probably other kits out there, but none come to mind.

There are many water cooling kits out there, just make sure you chose one with a D5 pump as you want to WC the GPU. GPU and mosfet blocks can be restrictive so a pump with strong flow and pressure head is needed.

I would recommend this as you have an Phanteks Etnthoo Luxe and it can support triple 140mm fans on top. You will want to change the fans that come with the kit, they do cool the radiator good but they are loud and vibrate a bit.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.